Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-11-2011, 1:22 PM Reply   
Name:  stolen sys2.jpg
Views: 5643
Size:  29.3 KB

Too bad WBM and Alliancewake are too pussy to tell their readers this.

http://www.konstruktion.de/allgemein...nfeld-sesitec/

I guess that's why the CWC winch park looks so ghetto in this vid

from SBC Wakeboard on Vimeo.

If only a lone blogger could come and shine light on the shadows of our sport!

Last edited by Cisco; 12-11-2011 at 1:25 PM.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-11-2011, 4:31 PM Reply   
I doubt many people on Wakeworld will be able to read the link to an interview in German, but thanks for the cryptic teasers.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-11-2011, 5:17 PM Reply   
That's probably why CWC has gone almost a year without a scheduled WWA event.

http://wakenewsonly.blogspot.com/201...n-america.html

Last edited by Cisco; 12-11-2011 at 5:26 PM.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-11-2011, 6:12 PM Reply   
What is your point?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-11-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
That blog post gave no information as to what the article, or this thread is about. And the first word is spelled wrong.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-11-2011, 9:03 PM Reply   
I literally cant figure out what you are implying or what the main idea of this thread is. It sounds interesting but I cant make any sort of sense of it.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-11-2011, 9:47 PM Reply   
I translated the article, apparently the CWC hasn't paid for half of their 7 Sesitec System 2.0s, which is essentially 3 stolen system 2.0s... I don't know the whole story, but the inventor/owner of the company doesn't seem too broken up about it because this purchase by the CWC actually put their product even more into the spotlight and now they're shipping them out like crazy.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-11-2011, 10:22 PM Reply   
Wow, awesome thread Cisco...
Old     (kmehrkens)      Join Date: Sep 2010       12-11-2011, 10:37 PM Reply   
Cisco- what's more interesting to me is how Christian worked for Rixen and then later started his own gig making pretty much identical cables. I've been to Gundelfingen and worked at a park in that area of Germany and am familiar with that territory. I know Bruno started the cable idea back in the 60s and I'm sure by the 90s any patents from them were up (if he had any), but you can bet the Rixen product made changes over those years up to when Christian started his own company. If so, I hope none of it walked out the door with Christian. If I were Bruno and had to deal with competing against a former employee of mine who installed my cables, I wouldn't be very pleased, especially since I conceptualized the idea. But to be fair, Rixen has been a dominate player since the 60s and competition leads to innovation and better products. Advantage consumer.

Another thing is the 2.0 system made it's public debut back in 1992, which most of us have found out by now, but when I was in Germany in '07, big buzz was going on about the annual cable operators expo in Hamburg about some guy who developed a two tower cable. I wonder if that was Christian. I seem to remember that a couple guys from the Netherlands were working on it, not sure, but whoever it was stirred up a lot of buzz and look at it now.

Anyway, a more important point is that in the US, companies like Cablebahn and ERC can go full-speed ahead on making two tower cables since it was shown back in 1992. I'm just guessing that a patent wasn't filed for on this based on Pat's story of finding Christian and seeing his invention. Now the two tower leader has to deal with companies using his ideas, just like he did with Rixen's ideas. Again, not saying anyone stole anything or used ideas that were protected, but competition is growing and now the tables have turned a bit.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I'm hoping the best for ERC and Cablebahn. No reason we can't have a cable company in the states.

Last edited by kmehrkens; 12-11-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: fix
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-12-2011, 12:24 AM Reply   
Cisco: CWC screwing over Sesitec is really old news and fairly common knowledge.
You're not into any conspiracy theory here. You hardly ever hear negative dealings in the press unless its a pro-rider having a go at their old sponsors, but there's a lot that happens.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-12-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
Bah! Not common knowledge at all.

Here is the translate.google.com version of the interview:

Interview: Christian von Lerch field Sesitec

It was the enthusiasm for water sports and commitment as an active water skier, with the Christian idea of ​​Lerchenfeld attack the left, even to found a company for the production of lifts water. But the company was founded in 1992 Sesitec discovered early with wakeboarding yet another boom - and it needs `s smart Antriebstechnik.antriebspraxis: Set shortly before the company Sesitec.

The company Sesitec Lerchenfeld GmbH, the company name at the Commercial Register, a company that deals mainly with cable cars. And especially in the water sports area, but now also on the snow field.

But to leave no misunderstanding, here it is not big lifts in the mountains, as you know, for example, by Doppelmayr, but small mobile units. But the focus is still on the water - in the execution as waterskiing and wakeboarding in the variant as a unit.

The name Sesitec way, stands for rope and safety techniques. I founded in 1992 after my master's certificate in metal craft with two employees of the company. Today, we operate our business with 15 employees, plus about ten part-time employees who are 'on demand.

By the way: Due to the fact that we, as the sole manufacturer of this water sport lifts and operators of such facilities, we have developed many ancillary business with, such as a shop here where you can buy everything you need for this sport just as .

antriebspraxis: What is Christian has deals of Lerchenfeld before founding the company?

I studied for two semesters in Kempten University of Applied Sciences and Engineering in Munich four semesters vehicle technology. Shortly before the completion of the first diploma I started an apprenticeship as a metalworker at the Dachau Rixen cable cars, now the rest our competitors.

Here I was then very early on as a site supervisor sent into the world and have mounted lifts. During this time the plans for independence have matured. At the very beginning the company was founded in 1992, we have produced for the Rixen and mounted.

This collaboration has expired but for different reasons. In 1998 we built the first large plant. From the beginning, the systems we have been equipped with frequency-controlled direct-drive and have it placed on ABB drives. We were very satisfied.

antriebspraxis: And yet there was a change in the engine suppliers ...

This has just happened. In connection with the first systems designed for us by the computational tasks such as an external structural engineering firm to ensure the technical inspection.

This engineering firm is also developing several systems to pincers and has done so from time to time and again with drive technology components. As part of our development partnership has made me the office of the company SEW Euro Drive carefully, which have been made at that time on the Internet very nice 3D models with clear technical data.

That and the variety of products I really liked. From then on, we have designed together with the SEW-office in Augsburg, more and more with the engines from Bruchsal. Because we were very pleased with the small plants and SEW, now also comes with the newer wakeboard equipment and large, as is seen for example in Thannhausen at Augsburg, SEW drive engineering.

antriebspraxis:'ll take you from day one the company's fortunes and in the now nearly 20-year history, there were certainly ups and downs. Which of them remained in the memory?

The real highlight for us was certainly the first fully delivered waterskiing and wakeboarding equipment that has been doing in 1998 in Ulm Gundelfingen at their service. That was virtually the climbing a summit at which we were from 1992 1998 and are hard and difficult road and finally arrived. Frankly, the first few years we have seen purely in accounting losses made.

Beginning with 1998, regularly every year, large cable cars were built - sometimes more, sometimes less. How extensive are now become our activities, shows us in Venlo on the Lower Rhine. The local water ski and leisure facility is run entirely by ourselves.

So the system itself, the beach, including all restaurants, now there are even a climbing wall. In short, experience and pure fun! Of course there were all those years and downs, for example, whenever customers have not paid.

I can still vividly remember one case in Asia. The customer owes us a lot of money there. On the other hand, he has us in this region and even worldwide massively helped onto the horse, just in terms of these new small two-masted cable cars, the so-called Sesitec System 2.0.

He has ordered seven of them and he has only paid half of the plants. And yet I am not entirely dissatisfied with it, because with this order, we have become known internationally. Cur in any case the economic situation is, we now have clean balance sheets and the order book is also very good. There are almost daily to new orders.

antriebspraxis: If you leave the last few years pass in review: what are you particularly proud?

Because I want to mention the already mentioned project in the Philippines, because that has changed the world market massively. It is now exactly five years ago. That we have planned this leading wakeboard park, planned and executed - because I'm very proud of it.

Because of this project we have received a lot of other consequential orders. This project has contributed significantly to ensuring that our system was 2.0 to run. At this point I would like to emphasize that we always carry a mad effort to minimize.

For example, if you look in the cabinet of system 2.0, it becomes clear what I mean. Since it's hard to find components. I represent here the motto is: what is not installed, can not even go broke.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-12-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
[continued]

antriebspraxis: Which sales stood behind it in Asia?

The project was connected with a sales volume of about 400 000 € and it is the owner of the plant, not paid for the remainder of the governor of the province and a fanatical wakeboarders, approximately 50 000 €. Of this economically for us not very satisfactory because of the project we have benefited enormously from repeat business.

I would want to go so far as to say that this is definitely a milestone and was also the kick off for our company. The last two years were simply huge for us. We have our sales of EUR 800 000 in 2008 to increase to over two million euros in 2009 and 2010 lie again about it.

antriebspraxis: What are you currently preparing a special machine and plant construction, the biggest headache?

We are currently planning a completely new building with everything thus help one in our industry, including a small demonstration plant. And it takes a long time, until a reasonably prudent Business-/Finanzierungsplan is processed so that it will be approved within a short time with banks. This gives me the biggest headache currently.

antriebspraxis: If you respect your customers had one wish: what you did?

Because I would like to take just been said. Just as we find it difficult to get financial trust, the customer must also rely on us. We are not a supermarket where the goods are placed at the cashier, paid and then will be taken.

We usually have a relatively long planning phase, thus going into an enormous advance. As such, I would like from the customer that they have a good hand in their funding.

antriebspraxis: In that you designed and built equipment is a lot of know-how. Is it against the constructions certain unique features of your competitors?

Yes, we are, for example, has always been the only provider that used in large systems, a special cable. The competition only talks negative about it and believes, the rope was too expensive and would not really bring anything.

We work in this regard since 1994 together with the rope manufacturer in Neustadt bei Coburg Diepa very closely together and have designed a continuous cable paths for water, tested and developed. It is more expensive than the competitors, but we'll save that expensive maintenance intervals. The second unique feature is that we pursue consistently throughout the minimization concept.

Finally I would like to mention another unique feature that has nothing to do directly with the plant construction, but people is related: I've gotten about 35 years of experience with the product.

As such, I am virtually a living waterskiing. I know every part and knows well how it is created and why. Since we are definitely in the market alone.

antriebspraxis: Which current projects are you working now?

We always have a large inventory of so-called preliminary agreements - now increasingly from the U.S. and Canada. Very recently, we have two projects in which we are actively working: For one thing, a project in Sweden. A north-west of Stockholm situated very nice park with a comprehensive six poles and a cable park system 2.0.

The second project is a facility located in Winnipeg, Canada. There is just an artificial lake created and there are a great facility with pole cable car system and two 2.0 installations into operation.

Today, the payment was for a two-pole system from England. There is a special design, which is in salt water. There must be additional coating steps are taken. I could tell you about a full-length depends on other projects.

antriebspraxis: Because inevitably raises the question: are you the world leader?

My competitors said, of course, that he is a world leader because he has because of the 30-year head start, of course, placed on the total world market and more plants. Fact: The competitor has created approximately 140 plants in about 50 years and we have assembled about 40 plants in 12 years. W

hen it comes to the two-pole systems is because we are clearly world leaders. This can be proven with numbers. We have delivered over a period of almost three years and about 75 plants of competitors has sold in the same time, perhaps 30 or 40 plants.

antriebspraxis: Are there other strengths?

An important aspect I see in the fact that my competitor is now 80 years old, has no children and currently has appointed external managers. Since I can argue: I have two very dedicated sons who have made it in connection with our business plan clearly that they want to go.

antriebspraxis: What are your hopes for the further development of the company in the next few years?

We have taken into consideration in our business plan because of the upcoming company building a moderate increase in sales. Against this background, I hope that there is basically just like 2009 and 2010 continues.

And of course I wish that my two sons one day have a good start and will continue to run the family business. Then I can make sharing a bit of rest.
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-12-2011, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
What is your point?
What's the point? Seriously? Man, you are probably the dumbest guy on the board and that's saying something. Every single time I see your name in a thread I know that I'm going to see some dumb **** right below.

Neat find. I had no idea there were that many 2.0s over there. Also an interesting way to think about not having half of them paid for. Probably not much by the way of recourse either .
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-13-2011, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzuck View Post
What's the point? Seriously? Man, you are probably the dumbest guy on the board and that's saying something. Every single time I see your name in a thread I know that I'm going to see some dumb **** right below.

Neat find. I had no idea there were that many 2.0s over there. Also an interesting way to think about not having half of them paid for. Probably not much by the way of recourse either .
Wow...not here for the popularity are you?
And as stated before, CWC made the System 2.0 huge, if I were Christian, I wouldnt mind floating them a cable or three.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-13-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
I wouldn't worry about being found out hurting your future in the industry Cisco, your mindset, attitude, outlook, and overall way you go about these things will definitely keep you out of the industry anyway. Hidden identity and anonymity can only protect for so long.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-13-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
I heard that most of the System 2.0's are not working at CWC cuz Sesitec won't send them replacement parts. Imagine how disappointing it would be to fly all the way to Camsur just to find out the winch park is closed. Without that, it's just another cable more or less. Also, that blue surface they use on their rails looks like the blue surface used on Unit rails, and that is sticky (sucks) compared to the white surface used at OWC and Wake Nation.

This video shows that at least two of the System 2.0's were working last week.

from Sensi Graves on Vimeo.

A-dub - I'm shakin' in my Ronix boots