Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    alanp            05-30-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
sold a few things on there and got a bill for 90 bux, wtf??!?!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2012, 9:13 PM Reply   
Yea I here ya, Did you try craig's list first.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-31-2012, 6:09 AM Reply   
10% of final sales cost + 3% paypal fees, plus any other adders ( $$$) in your ebay listing.....it starts adding up on high dollar items. .
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-31-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
I guess that is why the items being sold have become so expensive as well? I often find the same item brand new on Amazon for cheaper than I find a refurb, open box, or used on ebay.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-31-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
agree amazon is cheaper usually. Ebay isnt really the place to buy and sell anymore... Craigslist is the best place to sell merchandise i find. no fees ... selling local... plus wake retail is high so people usually see it on CL and think man thats cheap compared to what i saw at the wake store.
Old    alanp            06-01-2012, 6:00 AM Reply   
unfortunately i live in a small town and CL isnt an option for some the more unique items i sell.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
Ebay is great for stuff that is unique and hard to sell (or buy). For me, it's great for hard to find Ducati parts that you would never find on CL. I also parted out my Aprilia on Ebay, after I had no success through other services.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-06-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
eBay is also charging a final value fee on your shipping costs, on top of the listing fees and final value sales fee. Then Paypal taxes you too. Thats some BS if you ask me.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       06-08-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
I use Craigslist exclusively to sell things. Ebay got too expensive to be worth it. Craigslist is losing my favor though, since they keep shutting down the various aggregators with legal action. Craigslist is useless without an aggregator.