Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-01-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
Three weeks after hurricane Charley hammered us another hurricane is bearing down on us in Florida. This one has me worried. It's an enormous storm like hurricane Andrew, which was this country's costliest natural disaster and is currently tracking toward the mid-east coast of FL.

People here are already stressed, cleanup and reparations are still going on. Limbs are not even picked up yet and could become projectiles. Supplies are already low. This could get ugly.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-01-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
Yea that does suck! We will probably get all the rain and some of the wind. Keep your head down and grab a kite!
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       09-01-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
Well, I know that me, and I am sure the rest of this site is keeping all Flordia residents in our thoughts and prayers. Good Luck and stay safe.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-01-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
second hurricane in a row that I'll be safely out of town. I had to change my flight from friday night to friday morning to make sure I could leave. I did stock up on supplies in case we don't have power next week. lots of water, batteries, new flashlight, candles, canned food, booze. just the essentials.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-07-2004, 6:56 AM Reply   
David, hope you guys made out ok. We were pretty lucky again. Nothing more than a few branches in the yard. Had power the whole time too.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-07-2004, 7:33 AM Reply   
Mike, man that is great news, God is good, hopefully we have some other updates from our Florida wakeworld family on how they are doing. Share some details on riding out a hurricane. We know earthquakes but never a hurricane. Maybe I shouldn't be saying that,we land in Orlando on the 29th. Hurricane season I am told is through October. Again, Mike we are so thankful that your family is alright.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-07-2004, 7:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the well wishes. Well for Charlie they told us it was heading right for Tampa Bay so we really got prepared for that one. Basically you stock up on food and water and screw plywood over the windows, had a generator ready and plenty of batteries, ice, etc. That one totally missed us. We didn't even get a thunderstorm. This time we didn't board up the windows or anything since it was only supposed to be a tropical storm by the time it got here and got 50 mph winds and alot of rain but really no damage. Will have to see what happens with this next one. Hurricane season actually runs till Dec 1st but Sept is usually the worst month. Hope everyone else made out as well as we did.
Old     (hypedrider7)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-07-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
Its been a crazy month of storms. We have been lucky out in St. Pete with the last two. Lets hope it continues through Ivan. I can't imagine the damage to some of these areas that have been hit twice already.

Jerrod