Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (faceplanter69)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-20-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
I have a 2005 X-2 at the moment, we were out at the lake yesterday and after running most of the day the boat wouldn't start. I checked the safety teather thing by the driver. It was in place, wasn't bumped or anything. It turns over, fires up for a second and dies. Turned the boat over again and nothing. We sat for a about 15 minutes and started it up and it ran fine. I'm thinking maybe some vapour lock? Took a buddy for a wakeboard and it was ok. I started to get my board on and it didn't start. Same thing.

I took my board off and gave the fuel pump a couple of little wacks with my fist and the boat started. We headed back to the launch and it died again at the launch. This time I couldn't get it started again.

I'm thinking fuel pump. I've heard the X-2 (X-1's) don't like to be run out of gas or approach empty. The boat still had a half tank of gas so that shouldn't be the case. It turns over fine it just doesn't sound like it's getting fuel.

I tried to start it again in the garage and it didn't fire up.

I'm selling the boat on behalf of a friend the owns a different dealership. What's the warrenty on the MC's 3 years for the engine and fuel pump kind of things?

Any other suggestions what it may be? The boat has around a 130 hours, I don't know the history of it though.

Thanks