Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    grantmi1            06-20-2003, 2:34 PM Reply   
I found a great deal on a 2003 cal-air for about 32,500.00 with wood package tandon trailer, stereo with 4 speakers, pure vert, boss tower, custom cover, and board racks. It does not have the added checker pattern it is the swoosh pattern. Anyway the reason I am looking at this boat is the price for one, I cant not find new boat for same price other than moomba and I am not to found of them. Second is weight, I have a Mazda B4000 with the 4.0 liter v6, 5 speed and it is rated at 3500 pounds towing. Which I have been towing a 1990 centurion falcon with no problem once so ever. Anyway just wondering what you guys think. I would love the Cal-air V but I dont think I could afford it or tow it. Besides do you guys realize how small the falcon wakes are. I think I will be stoked. I forget
how to post link in window could someone do it for me or tell me what to type after I post in on my ftp.

picture
Old    viabaja            06-20-2003, 2:57 PM Reply   
Mike,

Forgot about towing that boat with your Mazda. I have a 2002 Cal-Air and it weighs with trailer around 3,400 lbs. I have a Ford 150 with a 5.7 and on certain grades, it's working! You'd end up smoking your clutch plus try hard stopping. It will keeping pushing you.
Old    grantmi1            06-20-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
It weighes the same as the Falcon I pull with no troubles. Been doing it for 4 years. Power doesnt seem to be trouble but when my clutch does go out I am going to get a centerforce.
Old    hlboatsnboards            06-20-2003, 3:14 PM Reply   
I have that exact boat and pull mine with a Grand Cherokee and it only has the 6cyl in it. It does just fine, i would not worry a bit. NICE BOAT!!! What dealership you buying it from? You can't go wrong with a Calabria...fit and finish is top notch, balast is unbeatable, and looks are astonishing...like i said, NICE BOAT!!

B

(Message edited by hlboatsnboards on June 20, 2003)
Old    grantmi1            06-20-2003, 3:16 PM Reply   
Hell no I am not giving out the dealership, lol. Not till I buy it. you guys will steal it from me. Thanks for the reply though. Once I get it I will let you know the dealer so far they have been great.
Old    viabaja            06-20-2003, 3:25 PM Reply   
Mike,

If that's the case - great! Good luck. You'll like the boat. Love mine.

C
Old    grantmi1            06-20-2003, 3:46 PM Reply   
Thanks, what year is yours. Good size wake?
Old    grantmi1            06-20-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
Moomba or Cal-Air. I sure like the cal-air looks better, what is others opinions.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-20-2003, 5:45 PM Reply   
Mike the Cal-Air is a killer boat. I just sold mine and bought a Pro-V.The Cal-Air has more room and storage than most D-drives. Even though it is a small boat just better by design. The ballast is fast and awesome. Drives like a sports car and is good on gas as long as you stay under 28 mph or so. That is a good price for a great, custom, hand built boat. My neighbor has an 02 Moomba Mobius and would trade in a haeart beat for my Cal-Air. No comparison.

www.Wake-Me.com
Old    grantmi1            06-20-2003, 5:51 PM Reply   
Thanks...
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-20-2003, 7:34 PM Reply   
Nice boat at a great price!

Bring it to Florida some time...we'd like to see a Calabria over here!
Old    grantmi1            06-20-2003, 7:43 PM Reply   
Will do
Old    grantmi1            06-21-2003, 1:40 PM Reply   
Boat frikkin sold, damnit
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2003, 4:07 PM Reply   
I have a 2001 and love it. Ditto on what Phaeton said. Great boat, builds a nice wake, handles like a dream...

I really like the way the Boss towers look on the Cal-Airs. I have the older Met-Craft tower, it came with the boat.
Old    hlboatsnboards            06-22-2003, 9:22 PM Reply   
Mike...check your email.

Old    grantmi1            06-23-2003, 6:31 PM Reply   
I have found another good deal on a Cal-Air
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-24-2003, 9:02 AM Reply   
Mike, Did you find another boat from the same place? What color are you looking at now? Shouldn’t post pics of the showroom if you are trying to keep the ‘deal’ a secret. Between your city and the brand of boat…. Not hard to figure out what dealer you are talking about. My friend gets all his work done there…. Seems like a good shop to me. SHHHH I won’t tell…

I have ridden behind the Cal Air. Trav’s , Sean’s, and Phil’s. I agree that it’s a nice boat. I like the look of the new towers much better too. You can get a nice wake with some good vert to it with a bit of weight. You will probably end up running more weight than the stock ballast offers. If towing is an issue I assume you will use water weight and not lead. The boat also drives great compared to my V Drive! The locker behind the rear seat is nice for hiding ballast and also allowing you to keep gear out of the way and even locked up.

If you are looking for a Direct Drive the Cal Air is a good choice. Hope the new deal works out for you.

Did you get the financing worked out yet? What rate and term did you get?
Old    grantmi1            06-27-2003, 9:54 PM Reply   
Still looking, damn these are hard to get at a deal.