Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       02-28-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
What are every one's thoughts on the new site?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-28-2010, 4:33 PM Reply   
Ummm dude... this is going to take awhile to get used to. Wow... at this point I'm not a fan... but I will reserve judgement for a later period once I've had some adjustment time.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-28-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
Damn looks like my post count took a couple hundred hit!

Time to get posting?!?!?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-28-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
Eternal, what don't you like. Throw is down cuz we need to know to make sure it works for as many as possible.
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       02-28-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
Is the new site open to everyone cuz I am still using the IP and I am too lazy to change it back to see?
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-28-2010, 5:08 PM Reply   
This is fricking sweet.
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-28-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
I love the new site but had to sign up again. Not sure why it wouldn't let me use my email and password from the old board but its no biggie.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2010, 5:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Eternal, what don't you like. Throw is down cuz we need to know to make sure it works for as many as possible.
I'll chime in and say that I don't think I like not being able to read all the posts without clicking on them directly. Is there anyway we can get a display mode that will show all the text of every post? OR, maybe that is the "Hybrid" mode? However, when using that the ordering of the posts is pretty messy.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-01-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
I'll chime in and say that I don't think I like not being able to read all the posts without clicking on them directly. Is there anyway we can get a display mode that will show all the text of every post? OR, maybe that is the "Hybrid" mode? However, when using that the ordering of the posts is pretty messy.
I don't know what you're talking about. I see every post in full. Can you give me a link to a page where you see this?
Old    sandvign            02-28-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalshadow View Post
Ummm dude... this is going to take awhile to get used to. Wow... at this point I'm not a fan... but I will reserve judgement for a later period once I've had some adjustment time.
Way too early to judge my friend. I will be interested to see how week one goes. See what becomes the sort of new "norm" around here. So far I dig it.
Old     (konaking)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-28-2010, 5:17 PM Reply   
Going to take getting used to but so so good.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-28-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
Crazy different. Like the new look of the site though.
Old     (AntNoPrepNeeded)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-28-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
finally made an account after reading for so long
Old     (Dizzzy)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-28-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
I believe that much of the criticism you may receive is because everything is new.

This is the first time I have logged into the new system, and yes I am uncomfortable with it. I also had to create a new account, but that was because I couldn't remember all my old info. It will take some time for me to get used to it.

I will say though, that this site looks much more professional and pleasing to my eyes. I think that this was a great move for biz, and once everyone gets used to it, which shouldn't take long, you will be very happy.

Great Work
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       03-01-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
different for sure
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
This looks good. It will take a few days to get use to. It's almost like night and day compared to the previous WW forum.
Old     (wkbrdrchad)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-01-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
I like the new look!! Seems much easier to navigate throught the site once you figure out where everything is again.
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Looks good, need to play around with it to get you some feedback... I have to get used to the page numbers, I kinda liked that about the old forum, that it was all in one page...
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-01-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
Also, is there a test thread where we can try posting images and what not... just to get used to it.. so we dont clutter up the main forums with test threads...
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-01-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Test.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-01-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
It is definitely different, I can see it allowing WW to provide a lot more user functions! Good job Dave, I bet you had a busy weekend! Keep it up.

Edit: I will say learning names is different. i doubt anyone knew me as Stephan, perhaps time to retire the old moniker...
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-01-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
Dave
Any way to the first/last name listed as you post instead of just username?