Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
Has anyone seen this site? I just came across it. Pretty harsh and they have every pro on it.

www.wakezeach.com

Last edited by diversity; 12-28-2011 at 8:23 AM. Reason: miss type
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-28-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
Zeaching is like Tindy. Everybody does it, but no one wants to admit it.

It goes back to the, "You cant do it on a wake/snowboard because the trucks get in the way"... If the trend of anti-zeaching catches on like it has in snowboarding, wakeboarders are sheep.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
"a zeach is any boardslide or fifty-fifty that is crooked or turned"

Geez, I thought that looked cool. I'm glad the 'Legit Police' saved me from taking the wrong path in life.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-28-2011, 9:02 AM Reply   
Wow.
Zeach really?
Get off yobeat unless you actually snowboard.
No one does tindys.
That is the worst explanation of a zeach ive ever heard. A zeach originates from smowboarder zach leach doing smith grands, which cant be done properly on a snowboard because you have no trucks so every gaper on the planet does them because cant do a proper 5050 or boardslide on a rail and end up in limbo between the two.
In short keep both feet planted over the rail on your. 5050, 5-0, and nosepress. Otherwise keep it 90 kiddies and dont swivel.

But dont call it a ****ing zeach unless youre snowboarding.

Last edited by simplej; 12-28-2011 at 9:05 AM.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-28-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
I don't know half of the words you just used.
Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
Its because of people like Cisco that wakeboarding has absolutely no standards.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-28-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
whatever that kid is doing in that picture: i like it, and i will certainly be trying to do it next time i'm on rails
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
thanks simple, and ski boarder, get some education of where your wakeboarding has been influenced by.

but i will still call it a zeach in wakeboarding
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 10:45 AM Reply   
wakezeach is pretty much a copy of harshzeachtoscorpion,
but for wake, relax everyone and take a moment to laugh at
the sports we love.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-28-2011, 11:27 AM Reply   
Yeahh, I have been wakeboarding for a little while.

When I said, "You cant do it on a wake/snowboard because the trucks get in the way..." I mean't that there is not a good reason other than then cool police said so. I was poking fun at the arguement commonly made against tindy. I have no idea where Zeaching came from (I guess I do now). I was also making the point that I do not agree with it in snowboarding and that it is trend that wakeboarding would be silly to follow.

It is not nice to call someones style lame. No one is too cool for school.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-28-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhh View Post
thanks simple, and ski boarder, get some education of where your wakeboarding has been influenced by.

but i will still call it a zeach in wakeboarding
Thanks ..
I guess ill call backrolls wildcats, off axis spins corks, whirly birds rodeos now and garbage rail riding zeaching.. Makes alot more sense that way right?

dont tell me to get educated, and most certainly dont use the term zeach if you dont even know its snowboard roots... If youre not snowboarding your not zeaching end of story
Wakeboarding isnt snowboarding so stop trying.

Last edited by simplej; 12-28-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
Maybe if simplej followed snowboarding he wouldn't be zeaching and grabbing tindy everyday.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-28-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
Naturally a bunch of teenage kids start talking **** about pro's and their cover shots. Where's yours boys? Oh thats right, you don't have any. Didn't know it was 'zeaching' when people are pressing a rail. Words can't even describe how ridiculous you children are.
Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
Dan, it's because you don't look outside of the small bubble that is wakeboarding.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-28-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Thanks ..
I guess ill call backrolls wildcats, off axis spins corks, whirly birds rodeos now and garbage rail riding zeaching.. Makes alot more sense that way right?

dont tell me to get educated, and most certainly dont use the term zeach if you dont even know its snowboard roots... If youre not snowboarding your not zeaching end of story
Wakeboarding isnt snowboarding so stop trying.
Pretty sure he was thanking you for the explanation, and telling skiboarder to get an education.
I really dont care if the term spills over, lots of other terms do too, who cares really?
The only way I can boardslide on a snowboard is if its a zeach, and my wakeboard nosepresses are zeached right out. In fact, its a point of pride how well I can zeach on any board.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-28-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
Also, I'm pretty sure a bunch of those pictures are mid spin, therefore erego, no zeach, therefore that site is so totally not core, rad, legit, or any other stereotypical term for cool.
Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
If you spin on rails, you are not core, rad or legit Ben Wilcox.
Old     (fgcuwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-28-2011, 12:56 PM Reply   
Anyone who gets upset over this needs to chill! if you cant read that website and laugh and realize someone is trying to create a parody, then you are way too defensive of wakeboarding.Proof: as Ben above said, many shots are mid spin, no legit claiming rider would post those pics and claim zeach. How about, do what you do on the water, if it's a zeach/ tindy/ whatever else it may be, let some disturbed person analyze it and waste their own time hatin'! BOOM!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-28-2011, 12:59 PM Reply   
Yea, they are mid switch up, Nose presses cant be zeached only poked, poking out a legit nose press just a little bit is harder to do then popping straight on into a press. And yes i guess he is thanking me now that i reread it.

But my point still the same. This is site is dumb and zeaching is a term for snowboarders to diffentiate kids who think they are hot **** but suck.
This and i am a 40+day a yer snowboarder. My 80+ day a year riding friends love to give me crap for wakeboarding because they view us as riding the coat tails of snowboarding while we kill the environment in afflication t shirts and dubstep blasting. The less we copy the better off wakeboarding is, were just as bad as freeskiiers to them... Dumb sites like this arent helping
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-28-2011, 1:00 PM Reply   
For real. I would like to bust a big ol' tindy grab right in the face of the haters.
Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 1:03 PM Reply   
Weekend warriors can grab tindy and zeach all they want. I don't think anyone cares. If your having fun thats what matters. The problem is when a wakeboard gets paid to ride his wakeboard and gets covers and shots in videos of wack grabs and wack rail riding. How can anyone take the sport seriously if this continues.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 1:04 PM Reply   
haha. snowboarding or not, trick names the same or different, zeaching and tindys will always be bad style, unless its a danny harf tindy, tindy master right there
Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 1:05 PM Reply   
The reason your friends think you are a joke simplej is because you go around zeaching and tindying all day long on your wakeboard and probably on your snowboard.

Last edited by diversity; 12-28-2011 at 1:07 PM.
Old     (fgcuwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-28-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
i guess we should just give up and stop supporting them! I mean adam errington is a pretty sh%&^y rail rider and all. I mean I look at that cover and rule out his non legit poked nosepress that he is so not stomping. I think i might wake up mid dream tonight and scream ZEACH!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-28-2011, 1:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diversity View Post
Weekend warriors can grab tindy and zeach all they want. I don't think anyone cares. If your having fun thats what matters. The problem is when a wakeboard gets paid to ride his wakeboard and gets covers and shots in videos of wack grabs and wack rail riding. How can anyone take the sport seriously if this continues.
What a ridiculous argument. The people who you want to take wakeboarding seriously, i.e. people who don't know about wakeboarding, aren't gonna give a **** about tindy grabs or "zeaching." It's not like your average sports fan will look at those moves and be like "damn, that **** looks stupid, **** wakeboarding!"

What's going to attract new people to wakeboarding is a positive, friendly, chill attitude, not your self-righteous posturing as the style police.
Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 1:17 PM Reply   
Damn Hebrew Hammer, I guess snowboarding, skateboarding, and surfing had it all wrong them.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-28-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
I don't skate or surf, but yes. I just got back from Okemo. Whenever I go snowboarding, I'm struck by what a bunch of general douchebags snowboarders are, especially when compared to wakeboarders. I can't respect that attitude.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-28-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
Adam E's cover looks sick, as does Shawn's. If that kind of rail hit is wrong, I don't want to be right. The people who made that site are a bunch of pathetic haters and I'm tempted to laugh it off, but it's such a bummer to see that people are jumping on their bandwagon and legitimizing their insecurities. Grow some balls and ride how you wanna ride. If you think it doesn't look good, don't do it and keep your damn mouth shut.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-28-2011, 1:33 PM Reply   
I agree hebrew, if theses were snowboard covers they would be trashed but snowboarding isnt wakeboarding and wakeboard rails have different tricks than jibbing on your snowboard. Zeaches need not apply im wakeboarding, wakeboarding isnt snowboarding
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-28-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
Ya man. We owe snowboarding a ton. It's an awesome sport and I love to watch it and do it, but there's no reason we have to get on our knees and beg for snowboarding's respect. If anything, we should take pride in the uniqueness of our sport and push to set ourselves apart so we're not riding in snowboarding's shadow.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-28-2011, 1:42 PM Reply   
P.s. go to mt snow if you want a better vibe from the shreds
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-28-2011, 1:47 PM Reply   
Ya, it's my favorite mountain. Carinthia has much better parks than Okemo anyway.
Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
I guess wakeboarders are on to something, constantly looking for the easiest way to do something. Tindys and zeachs are just the easier way of doing grabs presses and boardslides. Thats the way to push a sport. Sick!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-28-2011, 2:18 PM Reply   
Youre right! So lets copy snowboarding and ride their coattails with dumb blogs!
Lets follow foot steps instead of innovate! Sick!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-28-2011, 2:19 PM Reply   
Haha, man, this guy is such a poser. Post a vid of your progressive, steezy riding, hater. Show us how it's done!
Old     (fgcuwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-28-2011, 2:34 PM Reply   
diversity is clearly trying to get a rise out of people. Not always a bad idea but despite being legitimately funny at first read, your site, wakezeach.com sucks! take your negativity somewhere else, or if you're trying to be funny, it was a little funny at first but now you killed it.
Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 2:34 PM Reply   
Two treks wide for life.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
i will visit wakezeach.com everyday for the rest of my life. great site
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-28-2011, 4:07 PM Reply   
^I'll probably keep it up for a month. I still like to visit http://harshzeachtoscorpion.blogspot.com/ for a good time.
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-28-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
Funny site. Funny until they kissed Watson's ass in the midst of dissing him. Ass kissing + BS = buzz kill. If you want to bust on somebody have the balls to do it. I mean, Watson's given enough material - Post a picture of him with those sunglasses that could double as the windshield for an electric car.

Hebrew Hammer:

Dude. Just shut up. I haven't seen you make a coherent statement in a thread. Ever. Stick with the "wHat BoaRd ShuD I Git!?" stuff.

Diversitity:

How did Cisco create the no standards? I see what you did there and I appreciate it. Nevermind the people who have had the limelight for the last decade and have been chilling for the past 8 years.

Wait... Maybe diversity is Dave Williams, who is also Cisco, who is also the guy running wakezeach, who is working with Watson to promote a new sunglass line that doubles as a windshield for electric cars.

This whole thing is hilarious. Except for Hebrew Hammer. He's a buzz kill.
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-28-2011, 6:07 PM Reply   
haha that site is funny. There are some proper zeaches for sure. All Time!
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2011, 9:39 PM Reply   
I always thought it would be cool if Cisco was actually a group of people writing under one alias. So Cisco would be called "them" instead of "him". But how could so many people be so stupid?? Am I right? C'mon, am I right??
Old     (diversity)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-28-2011, 10:28 PM Reply   
Bizzuck and Tarek I like your style. Cisco beat it.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2011, 10:55 PM Reply   
Troll
Old     (crig)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-29-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
this site is so dope! tell your friends
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-29-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
i could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era...
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2011, 10:00 AM Reply   
that site sucks. tell your friends to visit wakenewsonly for the newest wakeboarding VIDEOS often a week before WBM, Alliance, or Unleashed.

Why check ten different sites for new footy when Cisco puts them all on one page?
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2011, 10:33 AM Reply   
*visit wakenewsonly for the newest wakeboarding VIDEOS often posted a week before WBM, Alliance, or Unleashed.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       12-29-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
It's not all that harsh

also... I don't get it.

site traffic troll +1
Old     (crig)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-29-2011, 1:35 PM Reply   
Cisco.... you mad dog?
Old     (dylan)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-29-2011, 9:24 PM Reply   
Cisco... I hate your stupid face

Thanks bye

Last edited by dylan; 12-29-2011 at 9:30 PM.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-29-2011, 9:43 PM Reply   
Haha^
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2011, 10:19 PM Reply   
^^^ (dylan) just changed from DSM to Dilly. Why? Maybe cuz DSM stands for Dylan Scott Miller. http://streetjesus.net/tag/dylan-miller/

I regret making that post about you bro. Since then, I often thought about it and hope it didn't hurt your career.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2011, 11:29 PM Reply   
In a perfect world...

Name:  line-between-human-and-robot-12-20051213.jpg
Views: 1395
Size:  45.7 KB

don't just dream it. Make it real. 2012

From all of us here at Cisco, we want to be your friend.
Old     (crig)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-30-2011, 8:45 AM Reply   
Wow such a cool photo you must have put a lot of time into it!
Old     (crig)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-30-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
http://wakezeach.com/