Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
This is a continuation thread from the "Down Payment" thread still running. I am looking for exactly what to expect on my first boat purchase next spring.

I have never purchased a boat before and I understand the "luxury item" mentality behind boat loans. What I don't understand is what up front costs I can expect. I have heard everything from a minimum 10% down payment, to maybe even having to pay the tax up front. Can anyone who has bought a boat recently confirm these statements?

Obviously, I understand the less money I finance, the less interest I will have to pay. However, I am not an engineer, lawyer, or exec, so throwing cash down on a boat is not an option. I know I am going to take it in the arse in finance charges on a 15 year boat loan, but to me and the enjoyment I would get out of my very own precious little toy, the screwing is worth it.

As most of you are familiar with, my wifey of course wants to see all of the numbers and doesn't like surprises. Therefore, I am triple checking that I have all of my ducks in a row so that I know going in what to expect.

I want to thank all of the patrons of this board. I have read and gained volumes of great information from the regulars of wakeworld (I even now have a wakeworld sticker on the back of my truck ). A little more help here will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jb