Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jdreiser)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-25-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
In May I purchased a 2007 SAN TE where the PO had updated the stock stereo with upgraded tower speaker and a sub (enclosure with 2 - 12 inch subs, I believe). I started thinking about the system when I plugged in my Zen to the Clarion CMD's input and had serious volume issues because of the low output from the headphone jack compared to just playing a CD through the HU. My research (mainly here) led me to wanting to add an equalizer/line driver so my MP3 output was increased and also be able to fade the tower vs. interior speakers and sub control. I found this post in particular was helpful and along the lines of what I want to do, but had a few questsions:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/403755.html

My system currently has the standard Perko dual battery system that comes with the boat. However, the PO added a second battery connected to the port battery. The amps for the tower and sub are run directly off this battery and the amp for the interior speakers is run from the boat's electrical system as it came from the factory.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know which battery in this boat is "1" or "2" on the Perko switch?
2. Do I need to add a combiner or isolator between the port stock battery and the added battery for the stereo?
3. Should I place all three amps on the extra battery and do a fuse distribution block similar to the diagram in the related post (currently there are several individial fuses running to the added to amps from the extra amp)?
4. Any suggestions on good equalizer/line drivers? I want something that can be adjusted easily whether having the system at the dash or have one mounted by the amps with a remote.

Thanks in advance.