Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    wakefunx2            12-29-2004, 5:30 PM Reply   
I know alot of people are using led's on there boats now, I have even heard that mastercraft is going to offer them as an option on their boats now, so lets see some led pictures from your boat and if anyone has some on the mastercrafts i would love to see those!!
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2004, 6:23 PM Reply   
Not an MC, but my Cal-Air with purple LEDs that give the interior a slight black light effect.

daf
fdgs
fsdf
ghsdfs
Old    wakefunx2            12-29-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
Nice, thats for posting, where did you end up buying the leds from? And did you put them in your stock light spots?
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2004, 7:19 PM Reply   
I got the lights off of ebay, don't remember whom from. It was a 6 piece kit and came with controller that does some sequencing effects with them. I mounted the on/off switch and effect switch in the glove box.

My boat did not come with stock light spots in the boat, only in the rear locker. I ran the wires and secured the LEDs in locations that worked for their size.

I'm betting that you'll get some other posts. There have been a few nice set ups I've seen pics of on here.

(Message edited by magic on December 29, 2004)
Old    wakefunx2            12-29-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
Ok, thanks alot.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-29-2004, 10:10 PM Reply   
Sean,
That looks really cool, I need to supplement my worthless courtesy lights with those things. Can you tell us more about what light kit you bought, what you paid, etc. I ask because Ebay is deluged with thousands of Fast and Furious type vendors selling those things, ranging from 10$ to 200$. They list them as NEON/LED light kits, they can't be both. Did you buy a cheap one or a high end one? Was it Vin Diesel approved?
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       12-29-2004, 10:47 PM Reply   
If you want just bare led's go to www.besthongkong.com that is where I got mine, and the yare great, hellla bright and very durable. I have some pics somewhere, but they must be at work.
They are way cheaper this way, and you can always make your own strings. I have two 6 foot lengths down my boat and one two footer by the driver, way bright at night, and well worth it.

Will post later.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-29-2004, 11:14 PM Reply   
Luke,
Thanks for the link, I was thinking of doing that because it really is a no brainer. I'm getting lazy though, and five or six Hi brt LEDS in a package ready to mount would be very easy to justify. OR, I will enlist my kids in slave labor making them for me!

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-30-2004, 6:40 AM Reply   
Mako will be offering stand alone LED's in canisters similar to the red LED's on the 4 speaker 5 light combo. All types of colors and very reasonable prices. Details should be out soon.
Old     (superjet)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-30-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
Check out owllighting.com

Neil will hook you up with everything you need.
Old     (superjet)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-30-2004, 6:54 AM Reply   
BTW - He also has pics of a few boats on his site.
Old    whitechocolate            12-30-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
I was thinking of installing some LED's into the trailer that would mount on the steps of the trailer, I was thinking of just installing the back up LED taillight on the step facing up so it would light up the side of the boat on the trailer when we are wipeing down at night it would give us some well needed light, I just dont know if you stood on the tail lights if they mount flush enough to take the weight of some one standing on them, Does anyone have any water proof led suguestions
Old     (superjet)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-30-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
Call these guys. One of these options looks like it would work, but they should know for sure. Let us know what you find out.
Old     (superjet)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-30-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
Call these guys. One of these options looks like it would work, but they should know for sure. Let us know what you find out.

http://extremetrailers.com/new/options2.html
Old    matt_dettman            12-30-2004, 4:28 PM Reply   
Here's some work from my boys down at Tige' Watersports...