Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    thebeav            04-06-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
I have 2000 Elite V and it currently has a manually adjustable wake plate\cavitation plate. I have been researching the bennett x-14 hydraulic wake tab, but have been told by a dealer that it cannot be installed? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
my dealer has repalced the manual with a hydraulic. IT can be done but requires some fibergalass work. They dont mount the same so you end up with some extra holes in the boat
Old    thebeav            04-06-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
Thanks Kevin. Any chance you could post a couple of pics?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
Sorry I dont have any before and after pictures if memory serves this is the boat that was changed
http://www.clarkboatmotor.com/detail.asp?product_id=FNEBused

if you look a the bottom of the page there is a pictue
Old    thebeav            04-06-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
That will work fine. In your opinion was it worth putting the plate on? I have an even split with skiers and boarders. 2 prefer skiing and 2 prefer boarding. If I had more $$$ I would get a newer boat, but this will have to do for now.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2006, 8:26 PM Reply   
I would have never owned a Elite V/Huuricane/Lightning/Airwarrior with out the plate. The boat likes to porpuse when the plae is up so when wakeboarding you trim it up all the way when skiing or jusr going fast give it some trim. So yes it is worth it IMHO
Old    thebeav            04-06-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Very helpful. Thanks again!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
No problem it looks like you are from
IP Address 65.100.213.210
Reverse DNS slkcdslgw10poola210.slkc.uswest.net
From / Via Usw-Interact99-2blk
Origin Location Minnesota, USA.

Who is your dealer?
Old    thebeav            04-06-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
M&M Watersports, Springville Utah. I sounded negative about the dealer but I think they were just playing it safe. Other than the wake plate, they have been great. By the way, on the picture of the link you sent me, was that a bennett trim tab (X14 Tab) as well?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
Not sure what the number is Clarks just got it from Centurion

M & M is a great dealer!....they might be trying to incourage you to trade it in
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-16-2006, 9:45 PM Reply   
I have a 2001 elite v and had it installed afterwards. It was a bit pricey but worth every penny being able to automatically trim the boat and shape the wake a bit. It also gets rid of the porpoising especially when it is loaded down with ballast.