Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-02-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
I'm actually riding on a Hyperlite Fluid 137, and I'm planning on getting a Temet this year... I'm 5.7 feet (1,72m), wich size do you think will be better for me? the 132 or 138??
I'm an intermediate Rider.
By the way, has anyone tried the temets??? how does that new fin alignment work??? and what do you think of it?
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-03-2004, 6:39 AM Reply   
i would definitely do the 138. i am a firm believer in sizing up. it just makes everything easier. alot more control and stability.
the new temets are great. we have had people try them every week, and with out a doubt, EVERYONE, loves them. no matter what the skill level.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-05-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
Travis would probably know what he's saying more than most. He works with Mr. Murray. I personally would never size up, but thats just because I enjoy a short board. Depending on your weight 132 is going to be close to too small. i wish the Temet came in a 134...Travis can you lobby that one for me?
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-05-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
yeah, I'm with Travis. I was riding a 133 LF Trip and was lucky enough to win the 138 Temet in a drawing. I asked the shop if I could trade it in for the smaller board. They advized against it saying it rides small. I loved the smaller boards because I could flip them around easier. They told me that I need to be thinking bigger air = more time to pull off the trick. The temet will give me that. And they were right.

I love the board and the set up, fins and all. It has given me more confidence to do switch tricks and I'm landing them more consistantly now than on my Trip. It rides really loose so dial it in before you dig your edge in too hard, but it doesn't take long to fall in love with it.

oh, and I'm 5'8 150lbs
Old    veganx            01-05-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
I jumped on the bigger is better bandwagon in '99 and haven't looked back. The bigger board is going to give you so much more confidence on landings. i.e. No more going out the front when you come down hard.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-06-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
go with the biggest board you feel comfortable with. Travis got me to size my board up and it has helped my riding so much. the landings are softer and the take off is smoother.... I ride a 03 premier 140 or whatever it is.... the big one... and the 138 temet felt small to me.... I'm going up to the big temet. it is definetly a sweet a$$ board! loose when you want it but it still tracks super. I don't think that a person could go wrong with this board. just my .02$

alex