Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (dubs_ucla)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-24-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
Thinking of trying to end my season the first weekend in November at Naci, but have never been and would appreciate some pointers.

I was going to camp - where should I camp?

What are the range of conditions - water temp, air temp, etc.

All pointers would be appreciated. Thanks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-24-2008, 10:27 AM Reply   
http://www.nacimientoresort.com/camping.htm

Not all the campsites have lake access but at that time of year you shouldn't have a problem getting a site that you can anchor the boat at.

I'm riding tonight & tomorrow, I'll let you know on Sunday how the water is. Conditions vary wildly this time of year. it's supposed to be 90 this weekend but the nights are getting cold and the lake is getting colder by the day.

Last pointer, the lake is low and not very well marked. Use at your own risk. Don't powerturn or I'll find you!! haha. Bring your camera, the baby eagles have matured and are hunting with their parents, plucking fish like crazy!

Edit: I have a friend that does lessons if you want help going to the next level. Let me know.

(Message edited by stephan on October 24, 2008)
Old     (dubs_ucla)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-24-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
no worries on the powerturns

let me know the lake temp and i will see if i can convince the crew that is where we should camp

thanks for the help and if i make it up there come out for a set or two and coach me on where to go ;)
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-24-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
Wayne its a great lake. This year hasnt been the best though because of water levels, but this time of year you should have the lake to yourself. Enjoy!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-26-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
Well the lake is in good shape. With the heat it was a little crowded out there yesterday. We hit the water about 9:30 and it was great. Water a little cool but the air was pretty warm and i trunked it. It is low and not well marked at the moment, stay clear of points that extend way out they usually keep going underwater.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-27-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
I was out there all weekend, and even spotted Big Heavy out there. (I see more of the eagles out there than him, just kidding steve-o). EPIC conditions, weather in the 90's all weekend, no wind. I was amazed at how many tubers and jet skiers there were!! You know your dedicated to tubing when your out there doing it in a wetsuit!!!