Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-17-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
Here's the new tow vehicle. I finally got around to shrinking the pictures.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-17-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Beautiffful--now thats ice
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-17-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
SWEET Ride!!! How do you like it?
Old    mendo247            11-18-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
PIMP!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-18-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
Those rigs sure do look nice.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-18-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
Thanks Cliff. I'm sure we'll be talking later today.
So far, so good with the truck. It drives different than anything that we've ever owned. There's a lot of body roll, or at least it feels that way. The 6.2 sounds mean, and it goes pretty good.
Inside, it's posh, almost too nice.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-18-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
I had a 3/4 Suburban with the 454 and all the options before I bought my 3500 CTD. I have to admit it was the most comfortable tow rig I've ever hauled with.

(Message edited by Seattle on November 18, 2007)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-18-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
Shawn: Looks great. What did you decide on the NAV?

The White Diamond color looks awesome. What color is the interior?
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-19-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
I am taking your advice and going factory on the nav.

The interior is cashmere which in english is light tan.

Thanks for the compliment on the color, it's growing on me.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-19-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Have you seen the retractable running boards? I have them on my EXT and I love them.
I have the cashmere in my as well EXT. I love the color but it just like a boat keep hard to keep clean keep a towel in the car with you with some leather cleaner. (and don't eat in the car) LOL I reccomend that you get the hard plastic molded "weather tech" floor matt's. They cover over 90% of the stepping aera in your ride. Most of the Time its just me and my wife in the car so it stays real nice. I would hate to think what it would be like to keep that color nice with a bunch of kid's getting in and out of it all the time.
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-19-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
i normally wouldn't ask how much someone payed for their car kind of like you wouldn't ask an old woman their age, but damn, i'm sure you wouldn't mind bragging about this one. i saw the cadillace commerical saying around $80,000. so anyways, how much man?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-19-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
I dont mind telling. I payed 64K out the door. In Tax-a-fornia
IMO GMC F@$&ed over every one that bought a 07.
Before the 08's were out they were offering 10k off and 0% finance on my exact rig. Thanks GMC Im gonna get killed on re-sale. I know they need to sell cars but WTF Its gonna make me think twice about buying a new GMC next time if I know Im gonna take it in the shorts on re-sale.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-19-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
"Before the 08's were out they were offering 10k off and 0% finance on my exact rig. Thanks GMC Im gonna get killed on re-sale. I know they need to sell cars but WTF Its gonna make me think twice about buying a new GMC next time if I know Im gonna take it in the shorts on re-sale.
"

Don't all of the major car makers do this at the end of the model year? Just curious cause I always seem to see those ads for the late year blow outs...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-19-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
Drive it for 100k and it wont matter because it wont be worth anything anyway. They all do it though. I just try to play their game and wait till the end of the year to buy. I got $10k off and 0% on my PSD last year. I had to do a dealer search for my color combo, but it worked out.

I don't car who you are, $60k+ for a truck is craziness. They are really nice though. I'd almost feel bad doing to that thing what I do to my trucks. Almost....

Anyway... beautful ride Shawn. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Factory nav works great.

G, do they do the retractable running boards on the burban based caddy's or is it just the truck based ones? My bro has them on his rig. They're pretty sweet.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-19-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
Evan, yes you can get retractable boards on the ESV.

(Message edited by johnsvt on November 19, 2007)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-19-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Evan: Yes they have the retractable running boards for the Burban/ESV. The EXT (the Truck one I have) uses the same chassie as the Burban.
Yes the 100K Mile time bomb. Sad but true. Most of my rides are better kept at 100k then most peoples at 50K. It sucks looking at the odometer like its a count down to re-sale hell. As you all well know Cars/Trucks/Boats are all depreciating items. If you wanna never loose money "stay home eat in and take the bus"
As far as 60K being alot for a SUV I guess you havent looked around. IMO For what this thing does I thought it was a great deal. 100K for a Range Rover Sport,100K for Porsche Cayenne,$100K for a BMW X5M. All awesome SUV's but IMO for how I uses the EXT it pretty much did what all the 100K SUV's did but for $40k cheeper and better.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-19-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
Well put grant they are bad machines and a bargain compared so the other's you mentioned.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-19-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
How long is that thing nose to tail? Longer than the 19 foot extra cab trucks?

Grant... I am still mad at myself about not knowing you that were selling your Harley F150. I always wanted a supercharged special edition F150!

(Message edited by attila916 on November 19, 2007)
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-19-2007, 10:15 PM Reply   
Looking great. Love the power of the new 6.2L as well.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-20-2007, 4:37 AM Reply   
I don't mind telling either. 52K out the door.
The truck is shorter than the F250 CC Short bed, that I used to own by a couple of feet. I can walk around both ends of the truck in my garage, so I would say it's around 19' long.
Thanks for the compliments
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-20-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
Dang Shawn... That's a smokin' deal. The new motor is definitely wicked. Those things do some serious hauling.

Grant, I'm definitely not saying the Escalade is overpriced compared to the others. I just haven't gotten used to the fact that a loaded Tahoe pushes closed to $50k these days and that Escalades are over $60k. "Trucks" have come a long way in the last 10 years. I feel the same way about the 100k thing. When I got rid of my Tahoe it still looked new. Wasn't worth anything, but it still looked new. One mans 100k is totally different from anothers.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       11-20-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
wow shawn thanks a killer deal i was looking a a few suburbans and some were priced at 55K+!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-20-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
I got mine in black about 6 months ago. Now I can't get my wife to let me drive it. The only thing about the light cream interior is that it get really dirty fast. Plus the Black gets pretty dusty here in AZ. I love the factory 22's and the 6.2L but if I had to do it all over again I'd have gone with the white for sure. Sweet looking rig!
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-20-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
I bought the protector package for the interior, which is some stain guard with a guarantee. I will do the weather tech mats though too.
Mike, I was going to pull the trigger on a Suburban, and I found this deal. It took a full day to negotiate it out, but it was worth it.