Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (mydogzeke)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-13-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
any info given will be helpful. i am in the market for a good quality no-stretch rope, at a good low price. anyone, know of any great deals out there? i have looked on ebay and have seriously considered the power core rope (Bullet's vesion of the accurate jacket) from Bullet Ski lines and the Chronic Cable from GethighSports.com. are these good options?? how important is spectra? i've also looked at Hardline Stryker and Shoelace... i've been boarding for a few years now, but just never realized that ropes made that much difference. any and all info i can obtain will be useful. thanks and God Bless.

joshua
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-13-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
I ride Proline and love the product. They have the new LG handles as well that are so sweet. I ride with the Proline Flake 80ft 4 section and love it. Check them out.
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-13-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
Joshua I PM'D U
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-13-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
I ride the Straight Line Thermal Line, and absolutely love it.

Check it out

http://www.straightlinewatersports.com/home.html
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-13-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
I just got mine in the mail. It is perfect!!!
$39.99 shipped. Cant beat that!!1

Bullet Ski Lines 75' Coated Spectra Mainline Closeout
Available Color: Red
Price: $79.99 Sale Price: $39.99

on orders placed by April 30, 2006.
*additional shipping charges for International orders.
** Limited Quantities

2006 Bullet Ski Lines 75' Coated Spectra Mainline.

1/8" Spectra Rope with Translucent Red Coating.
Color: Gray Rope / Translucent Red Cover.
Tensile Strength 2800 lbs.
Made with 100% Spectra
75' 4 Section Mainline with 3 Takeoffs (60' 5' 5' 5')

Click here to Buy Now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please call 830-822-1697 or email kland@bulletlines.com with any questions,

Or call direct to pay by credit card

Forward to a Friend | Subscribe | Unsubscribe

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-13-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
E Dub,

Where did you get it? Was it direct from Bullet, or somewhere else? I want to pick one up.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-13-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
Buzz,
I just sent you an e-mail with the link

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-13-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Thanks.
Old     (shortman)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-13-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
You mind shooting me that link as well? Thanks.
Old     (drifter1136)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-13-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
go to www.grizzly-sports.com they have accurate jacket mainline line for $55.00
Old     (shortman)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-13-2006, 8:00 PM Reply   
Thanks!
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-14-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
Anyway you could shoot me the link as well my friend?
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-14-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
Just a thought about this bullet ropes. They might be cheap but who has ever heard of them and where will you take the rope if it breaks? I would suggest buying from a shop that you know and a product that you have heard of.Just because it is cheap dose not make it a good deal.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-14-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
www.wakegiant.com

Not sure if they have any left, but they had Accurate jacket lines for $59
Old    catfishh            04-14-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I second the BULLET rope..I just replaced my accurate line with that rope for 39.99 on EBAY. It has the 65' mainline w/ three 5' sections-cannot beat it. I recommend pulling all the stretch out if it in the driveway first though.

Only bad thing is the heat shrink that they use to cover the line splices doesn't stay on, they slide right down the line. I have been using mine for about two weeks and they are already coming off. Completely cosmetic and I would still buy another one for the price but just thought you would want a heads up.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       04-14-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Another link - I just ordered a red Accurate 80 ft A-line through these guys (supporting the more local vendor) - got it for $60.00. Only red left

http://shop.skierspier.com/browse.cfm/4,267.htm

Old     (mydogzeke)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-14-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
hey, you guys are amazing...thanks a ton for all the emails, posts, and pm's. you've helped out a bunch. now the only problem is deciding between all the good choices. it seems as though the bullet deal is gonna be a hard one to beat... but i feel you on the name brand, bro... anyone with any more info, feel free to write, i think this will be a good post for other viewers as well...

joshua
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       04-14-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
Josh - if you want my $0.02... I think the Accurate A-Line is amazing. Zero stretch - don't they all have that? - and it gives you the ability to run at 80 foot.
also - it has that urethane cable coating ..slides real easy in your hands.
word of advice...I had the black Accurate A line rope and a buddy ran it over with my boat...it's hard to see in the water .. but we are in a river. I have since replaced it with the red.
Wouldnt use anything else - but I may be partial to the Accurate A-line becaue I bought it. I have never used the Bullet rope.
Good luck and let us know what you decide to go with.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-14-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
Another vote for Bullet. I bought a straightline rope last season but ended up getting another Bullet because I liked the rope better.
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-14-2006, 12:16 PM Reply   
I was just checked the bullet "ski" lines web page and all I can say is buyer beware. Why buy a wakeboard rope from a SKI company? I could not find the rope that was stated above. I was the Proline Product manager for 05 and 06. If you buy a spectra rope and you have to prestrech it there is a quality issue. True spectra should not have any elongation. All the good rope manufactures tighten the knots before shipped. The plastic heatshrinks are obviously not marine grade if they are sliding off and do not contain adhesive like the brand name manufactures do. If you shop at wallmart then maybe this is the perfect rope for you. Otherwise I would buy a brand name rope. Here is a good example for the guy that has the heatshrinks that have fallen off. If it were an accurate, Proline or Straight Line rope and this happend you could take it right to the dealer or send it back to the manufacture. They would replace it on the spot or send you a new one. That is my 10cents.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       04-14-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
I second Brian's 10 cents...

get something from a company that will back their product up...no questions.

Grizzly sports are incredible to work with - ask for RV or Tony.....they will find you exactly what you need...
but - to plug my local vendor - the A-line for $60 is a steal. 1/2 last year's price....
by the way - you will need to call them to get the discount...tell them you went to the Detroit Boat Show...and saw the ropes there for $60.00 - you will get the 40% discount from the website price.

Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-14-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
the guy that sells the bullet ropes and the other wakeboard stuff will replace defective product. Nothing sketchy about them at all.
Old     (mydogzeke)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-14-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
awesome, i'm gonna check into it all over the weekend and jus use my old rope 2morrow. i have a Nice Handle that i purchased off ebay a few weeks ago, 16" eva handle. i like it so far, just haven't gotten to use it yet. i think she still had some available, if anyone is interested... i'm all about a good deal, so i'll probably give the bullet guys a call and also look into the low-priced accurates. Got a few more questions though....What materials in a rope qualify it as being "no-stretch"? and do Poly-E ropes really stretch? Why is stretching so bad? How important is the outer coating? i really want to improve my 'mad skills' this season, ha ha. so, i want to get the right stuff, if yal know what i mean... thanks again, you guys have all been great thus far... God Bless...and Happy Easter.

joshua
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-14-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
www.wakecord.com

i've had the same one for like 6 seasons now.

no, polyethylene is not no-stretch. look for spectra.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-14-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Bullet has been great for me over the last 2 years. I have bought a handle and this will be my second rope from them. All have been perfect for me. If they ever have any problems they will replace them at no cost. I have talked to them in the past when I placed my order and they have been nice and helpful.
Don't hate on them because they are not one of the Big Names.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-14-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
I say buy a name brand rope as well I have heard riders on this discussion board discuss problems they had with the non brand name wake lines. I would look back in the archives and search for discussions on the brand you want to buy before you buy to see how many unhappy customers they have had. Just a suggestion remember you get what you pay for period.
Old    catfishh            04-14-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
Shop at walmart?? I don't think so, as I said before, I replaced an old Accurate spectra line I had with the Bullet Line, And it was way cheaper, besides the heat shrinks, these are exactly the same as an accurate. and to be quite honest, I could really care less if the heat shrinks come off, that is only appearance, The ropes work EXACTLY the same and they are way cheaper. I am sure they would replace it if I actually took the time to complain. They also allow you to run at 80ft for the record.

All I have to say is I have both lines and I would spend less and get the Bullet line anyday..that way if you run it over or something, it will only be a $40 loss...
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-14-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
Also,
If the heat shrinks slip, just hit them with a heat gun and shrink them down a little tighter.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Thank you for the posts. We have received many orders off this discussion - guess people know a great deal when they see one. As for the quality of our ropes; we have our products manufactured to the same quality and specifications as the "Big Boys," at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks for the great reviews. We are coming out with some new products over the next 2 seasons. We have a new impact vest coming mid June (attached is a pic). PLEASE SUPPORT THE "SMALL GUY." Our site is under construction, and we just received our coated ropes last week. Anybody looking to purchase a coated or core rope, handle, wake ehancement pump, vest, or binding lube can email me directly.

This year we are sponsoring Billy Garcia, the 2X Vans Triple Crown National and World Wakeboard Champion; also the same guy who did the "MTV Made" wakeboard show. Check out www.freeridewake.com. Billy is using our ropes exclusively for both competition and his ski school.

Brian: Our heat shrinks are marine grade and will come off, but Accurate's and Liquid Force's will come off too; I've owned and tested both ropes. Our ropes are made with spectra and will not stretch. All spectra ropes have to set (prestretch). I saw in another post that you helped design Proline's new handles. Would you like to design a new handle for us?

For any Dealers reading this post; we are accepting dealer applications this year. Contact me directly.

Thanks for the support,

Ken Land
Bullet Ski Lines
830-822-1697

Upload
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-14-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
hey KENNETH,

Any freebies for me!!!!!! Im the one forwarding on the e-mail!!!!!
Looks like Im you new best salesman!!!!

Thanks for hooking us all up with some affordable accessories. The Vest looks good . Send out those e-mails when they are available.
Have a great summer
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2006, 9:58 PM Reply   
so much for the $39 rope from bulletline.com, now the one on their site is $59, guess jeff bought the last one...
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
Hey Ken, I was just thinking about this. You guys are the old Nevin/World ski line co? Right? I am pretty good friends with Jose. Anyhow I got a pattent on the new Proline Carbon handles and designed them my self. I also moved production from Bremerton to China. I change the wake like 100% and added 18 new items in one season. Currently Proline sales are up 110% over 04 sales. Anyhow I have left the industry and now I am just a civil engineer. Hit me up on my e-mail to talk more.
New past time for me while at work. Check this out. http://www.tranquilbase.com

(Message edited by bksmith on April 15, 2006)
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
Brian,

Thanks for your reply. I will email you directly to discuss more.

However, I want to clear up immediately that we are NOT Nevin. Nevin rebranded to "Helium". Helium has great products also; I'm sure they will be coming out with some new products in the seasons to come.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Ski Lines
Old    catfishh            04-16-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
ron-try and get one on EBAY-my buddy just got one for 41.00. good luck
Old    catfishh            04-16-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/75-COATED-SPECTRA-WAKEBOARD-WATER-SKI-ROPE-MAINLINE_W0QQitemZ7234590110QQcategoryZ74048QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

check this deal out
Old     (mydogzeke)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-18-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
ok guys...thanks so much again for everything... and thanks to all of you, and a little research, i've made my decision.

and the winner is........

BULLET LINES...

i checked around a bit at the other brands, and i gave ken at Bullet a call. he kinda let me in on the lowdown of rope manufacturing and all that. he was very informative, nice, and he seemed to really stand behind his product...thus, he was good to do business with. i look forward to doing business with bullet again in the future...

thanks to all and God Bless...

joshua
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-18-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Just got my Bullet line in the mail yesterday, and will be giving it a try Friday. Looks like great quality, and at a hell of a price. Now all I need is a new handle for it.
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-18-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
Stupid Wakeworld. Thanks to all this publicity I lost my e-bay auction yesterday. bah!

Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-19-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
I just bought one right now for $39.99 shipped. Just hit the link off the email, no problems. My rope from last year is on its last legs.. I'll try this one out for $40! Can't go wrong, even for one season.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       04-19-2006, 10:50 PM Reply   
back in the day...probably in 1997. I went out with the Reps from Obrien. They took me out wakeboarding at Folsom Lake. They had this rope, more like lace, that was strong as heck, did not stetch a bit, and was thinner than the laces on your shoe. It was awesome and have never seen a line quite like it since. Anyone seen anything like this? It was a great day riding. They had me doing backrolls in no time. Then I came dowm from a bad backroll sideways. The water impacted on my left chest corner. I blew some cartilage in my chest and my rib or something was popping back and forth with every breath.

(Message edited by zride on April 19, 2006)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-20-2006, 11:40 AM Reply   
Get High Sports offers the G-line. I got one on ebay for like $40 shipped.
Old    junglesmacks            04-20-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
Go to REI and get some rock climbing rope and make your own.. thats all these guys are doing and charging you $70 to do so..

Make a loop, tie a knot, put some shrink tubing over the end if you want...
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
Is the bullet vest ,side entry one on your site,USCG approved??
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-20-2006, 9:12 PM Reply   
Junglesmacks: I'd like to watch you climb a rock with spectra; you'll break your back if you fall. Not the same stuff! Rock climbing ropes are made with some stretch.

Bill:

The vest we have on the site is not USCG.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Ski Lines
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-21-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
I would have to agree with Kenneth. Climbing rope has a ton of stretch to help absorb falls. If you are talking about the kevlar spectra line that most climbers use for slings or attaching to pro, they might say it is low stretch, but it is like a bungee out there behind a boat. Believe me, I've tried it.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-24-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
I've been getting alot of emails requesting a pic of the rope on sale for $39.99. Email me if you want the link for this.

Ken Land
kland@bulletlines.com

Upload
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-24-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
no hookups huh Ken!!!!
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-24-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
e double u, you dont work for bullet by any chance do you....?
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-24-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
Joshua is probably also linked to those guys (Ken and Edoubleu) . . . still looks like a good deal though. I'm just afraid of a thread that looks suspicious. Hit the link Ken gives and you get a return from some new site from a josh@so&so.com.

Guys I'd buy if this didn't look so strange. Especially that post that read "and the winner is . . ." Over the top!

(Message edited by rockledge on April 24, 2006)
Old     (macanudo247)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-24-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Junglesmacks thats not a great idea. Ive been climbing for a while and our rope its 200 feet, this 200ft rope will stretch forty feet. So even if your riding at 60 your gunna have more than 10 feet of stretch.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-24-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
E double u does not work for me.

Chase- I'm not sure if you have requested the email from me direct? Have you? It does not go to josh@so&so.com. Read the post if you think it is a scam; there are posts by people who have already received their rope.

I'll send you the email just to clear up any confusion.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Ski Lines
830-822-1697

(Message edited by bulletlines on April 24, 2006)
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
Ken thanks a bunch i ordered my rope from bulletlines late thursday/fridAY morning and got it already today...

thanks that was easy and fast and it looks good..ill be testing it this weekeknd..

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-24-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
I got my Bullet line last week, tried it Friday, and loved it. What's the big deal? No scam going on here. Just a great product, and speedy service. (No, I don't work for them either!)
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
Thats a good looking vest and line Mr. Bullet.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-24-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
No I dont work for Bullet!!! I bought from Bullet last year and you can sign up for an e-mail list for specials. So when I got the e-mail fro Bullet I bought a rope. Then I came on here and posted the deal that I got . Others asked me to forward on the e-mail, so I did. And a lot of people ended up buying the rope.

If I was working for Bullet why would I be asking Ken to hook me up with some freebies for selling so many ropes through this thread.!!!!!!

Ken when is my paycheck coming?????
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-25-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Ken sent me a new link . . . looks good, placed order this morning through a paypal link. Hope i can be riding it by Saturday.

I'll keep you posted with a review.

Oh yeah, I also like the look of that vest, what's that going for?
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Bought the coated bullet line yesterday. Thanks for the heads up.
Old     (mydogzeke)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-25-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
hey... hope everyone is cool, now. no scams... everyone is happy. no, i don't work for ken and Bullet either. i was simply setting up this thread to get some ideas on which rope to purchase for this summer. i didn't have a whole lot of rope buying experience, so i just asked. it turned out that i got a lot of good vibes about bullet. i especially love the prices.....
and, i got my rope in the mail yesterday and will be trying it out this w/end.. looks great so far.

by the way, i should be the one getting hooked up with the freebies for starting this post....

for real, it's a great product at a great price, same materials as the big-name guys. my only complaint is: i think ken forgot to throw in the business card and stickers. regardless, he was great to do business with......

so, one again, the winner for me is...... Bullet

thanks again everyone.
Ken, i hope business continues to come through this post. (and, no, i don't work for him... although, i might consider it if tha pay was right) lol

God Bless
Old     (sanguine)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-26-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
Ok... this worked well... now who has a good link for a handle? lolz
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-26-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
Sanquine- I can sell you the matching EVA handle for the coated rope. It is a 15" EVA handle with 6" cheater grip for $50. Let me know.

Thanks,

Ken
Old     (rockledge)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-27-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
Sorry this post won't go away . . . but . . .

In fairness to Ken, I went on the record sort of second guessing this offer. I just got my line, ordered it two days ago. Haven't been able to ride it, but I can't see anything that is a sign of poor qulity in this product.

Great deal IMO