Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    endo            03-24-2003, 6:18 PM Reply   
Need help on an install! Please let me know if this is a good idea.

I've got a stinger sr300 battery isolator, and a manual perko switch. I want to set up 2 batteries via the isolator on one side of the perko, and have an extra battery that I can switch to JUST IN CASE, I somehow drain the other two batteries. Is this a good idea? Will it cause any electrical problems? I'll be putting it in an 02 super air.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-25-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
i'm sure you can wire it to work but if the isolator is working correctly, it's kinda overkill. unless you wanna put on a concert and need a back-up stereo battery, the isolator will prevent your starting battery from ever being drained by the stereo.

so, that third battery might get used for the stereo or lights, but you won't need it to start the boat.

Old    cal_air            03-25-2003, 12:46 PM Reply   
A buddy of mine has a huge stereo system plus lights "neon red" in the boat with the perko switch and two batteries and never had it go dead even after listening to the stereo all day. I personally think it is a great idea to have two batteries but weighting them is the only thing.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-25-2003, 7:09 PM Reply   
I would think that it would work fine, as long as you are careful what you power off the third battery. You would probably want to have it in more or less stock configuration, not running all your accessories.