Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    upupnaway            08-25-2003, 3:44 AM Reply   
Here is a quick vid clip of some of Robs last run. nice work on the grabs!
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8655
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-25-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
Sweet vid Mike! It was really nice meeting you guys, and DuQuion is such an awesome location for a tournament. I had a great time. Anyway, probably see ya next year.
Later

Jeff
Old    lakesideluver            08-25-2003, 8:11 AM Reply   
mike your wack
Old    dtrachsel            08-25-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
Jeff, Do IL. INT riders not have to wear helmets? Just curious. Dan
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-25-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
OOOPS! How did he get on the water without a helmet?! No, we are required to wear them for wakeboarding and wakeskating and there are usually loaner helmets on the dock. Bad Rob!

Can anyone do some editing to put a helmet on that kid's head?
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-25-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
Uhm, I heard its optional in Illinois
Old    upupnaway            08-25-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
I always wear a helmet on my runs.....keeps my hair in place.
It was nice meeting you guys too, jeff. I hope rob digs his video, I guess there is a chick he wants to show it to.....
Old    lakesideluver            08-25-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
ive started wearing helmets now anytime i ride,u never know in the lake anymore.....i started at first when i started hitting the slider, and then after my board and lifejacket have scraped random rock piles here and there in the lake i decided i better just start wearing one, hey mike have you landed a backroll yet? i c u landed a 360 and sure could use some help stickin that, but i do have the rolls down
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-25-2003, 4:43 PM Reply   
Hey that nautique is Craig's from Rich's Board Sports isnt it. If its not it looks just like it.
Old    postons            08-25-2003, 5:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for the video Mike. Kinda looks like Rob had a big rock in his right pocket.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-26-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
Nope its mine. If you have a pic, post it. I would be EXTREMELY surprised to see a similar boat with a Boss Belmont Tower on it.
Old    upupnaway            08-26-2003, 6:46 PM Reply   
Mike, I got the tantrum down, but have yet to try a backroll. I have watched the higher learning a couple of times to try and understand the trick, but the vid does not tell me much. I need help on initializing the rotation, because the video doesn't really cover that part well.
Recently I have been cutting out with the intention of attempting it, but wuss out at the last second.
Old    lakesideluver            08-26-2003, 9:42 PM Reply   
wow mike we really need to ride lol, ive got the backrolls down and i keep wussing out on trying the tantrum, ill bet we could help eachother a lot...but the best thing i can tell you is its just a cartwheel, stand tall at the wake kick your head to your shoulder and keep you handle in tight
Old    thephatone            08-27-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
Is there any riding going on in Southern Illinois, like Belleville/O'fallon area? Carlyle lake isn't too far, but when i was there i didn't see any riders. Anyone know if there's a scene around here at all?
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-27-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Kaskaskia is where its at in the Belleville/O'fallon area. Extreme PowerSports is your local Board shop that sells Supra/Nautique, as well as Hyperlite, Liquid Force, etc... They are located about 30-45 minutes northeast in Greenville IL. Next would be Stateamind near the St. Louis Airport, then Dan's boats in O'Fallon Missouri and lastly DriPort in Lake St. Louis. Check these shops for the local scene. I would look first at Extreme, because they get alot of riders in your area.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2003, 12:24 PM Reply   
Aaron-

I'm in the C'dale-Kinkaid area, and am a member at the site where the video was taken above. Let me know I'll give you a pull. Also Jefe's boat is sweet, we had a great day on the lake at Kinkaid a few weekends ago. Second that on getting ahold of Extreme, they are great people and can help you out.
Old     (wakeboardrn)      Join Date: May 2002       08-28-2003, 1:06 PM Reply   
Aaron,

My exhusband lives in Collinsville and has always ridden the Kaskaskia river a lot. He has a Supra Launch. You should look him up sometime, he's pretty nice...haha...
He used to ride the INT consistently, I honestly don't know if he's still involved. His name is Chris, his wife is Kim, they have a baby that's probably about a year old now...if this is sounding familiar to you INT people :-)
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-28-2003, 2:30 PM Reply   
Hey Pat, where were you last weekend at DuQioun? We missed ya there.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-29-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
We were on a float trip in Southern MO, I hated to miss the tourny, but it was a nice trip. Heard Travis helped with scorring, did he tell you about his double up tragity??