Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (wakechic2786)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-18-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
Ok! Might not be getting the Moomba after all. But I have come across a 2005 Ski Supreme that is in very good condition. Just wondering if anyone knows how good of a boat they are. Never heard a lot about them. It has a Mercruiser 350 MPI direct drive with less than 60hrs. Let me know what you think!}
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-18-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
Have you done a search?
Old     (wakechic2786)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-18-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
What do you mean? What kind of search?}
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
If it is a direct drive.. I am assuming the 220SP. If so.. it is an excellent versatile hull... with the weight being moved towards the middle... you will want to load up the rear trunk with sacks... and a couple in the bow for wakeboarding... will throw an awesome surf wake because you will be able to get the weight in the back corners with ease...

As for price... it is difficult for anyone who is trying to sell a direct drive... if you are planning to keep long term... I think direct drives make great sense due to the ease of maintenance.

But considering the current poor resale value of a direct drive vs a V-drive... I would be very aggressive with a low offer...

If it were a V-Drive I am sure you would be looking at spending $30-$35k

Being a direct drive... I would try and get it for as close to $20k as possible.

Good luck... pics? price?
Old     (wakechic2786)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-18-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
It is the 220sp. And I am looking for a boat that will last me for a long time to come. The asking price online is 24,989. But you know that they will always come down some. And I have a trade-in that is worth at least 2,000.}
Old     (wakechic2786)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-18-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
Here's some pics of it:
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
I would make an offer of $20k all in... including your trade. I think you would be getting a great deal... and not have to worry about selling your boat in the process! Good luck.

You will be happy with it! You will get those V-Drive lovers telling you that it is not a good choice... but the nice thing is.. when you have to do oil change or impeller change... you are looking at 15 minutes!!!! and simple!
Old     (wakechic2786)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-18-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for your input! It is really helpful! I am actually looking at two different boats! The other is a 2001 Moomba Mobius with an Indmar 325 direct drive. It has 324 hours on it, with 8 tower speakers, two board racks, tinted windows, 10in. sub and amp, a ballast bag under rear seat, and a binimi top. I would be giving 17,000 for it after a 2,000 trade-in. Which one would you go with personally? The Ski Supreme has a ballast bag also and has 2 tower speakers.}
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
I am a little biased... I own a Supreme... yet I dont have a Supreme dealer in town... but I am friends with the Supra/Moomba dealer.

I dont know much about the Moomba Mobius direct drive... if it is the same as the Outback hull then I would say I like the Supreme more... if the Mobius hull is the generation after the original Mobius was introduced.. then they would be equal...

I do like the wake that is kicked up by the Supreme... I was not happy with the 2000 Mobius... which I assume is the same as the 2001....

Though that is different today... the 2007/2008 Mobius LSV... is one of the better 21-22ft hull designs.

If you can get the 05 Supreme close to $20... I think it is a better deal.