Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jimmyjoejohnsonn)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-10-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
I own a 98 Malibu Sunsetter, and last October my buddy was driving it and got too shallow thereby killing the prop and wedge. I replace the prop but can't find a new wedge.

I really can't wakesurf without it! And I'm not looking to put a new hydraulic wedge in, so does anyone know where I can find an old manual wedge? I feel like i've looked everywhere and the season is crankin up. Running out of time. Help!
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-10-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
http://bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=617
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-10-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
How much are the new hydrauic wedges? I think thats the way to go.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-10-2010, 10:01 PM Reply   
I used to have a '98 Malibu Sportster and went through a couple of wedges before contacting Malibu. They replaced it with the newer style wedge. The original one had a pin and the one they replaced it with had the clips. All I had to do was ship the original wedge back showing the bent arm. Granted this was about 5 years ago, but it may worth a shot.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-11-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
I sent you a PM
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-11-2010, 2:58 PM Reply   
scott- they aren't so nice with the wedge warranties anymore, and metal shops arent even able to bend them back that well. I ended up using a come-along wrapped around the trailer axle and got a sledge hammer and a peice of wood to try to bend my wedge back to place, but its still not the same.
Old     (craig_xti_88)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-12-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
I'm still looking for one as well.
If anyone has a used one they are willing to sell send my a PM.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-12-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
I think there is one for sale in the classifieds on wakeworld right now?
Old     (craig_xti_88)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-12-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
Jeff- that is an ad i put up trying to find one.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-13-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
You can’t get a Power wedge (hydraulic) aftermarket and wasn’t available until ’06. You can replace the fixed wedge style w/ the floating wedge, and is what I recommend vs the older fixed style.