Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-23-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-23-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
Interesting on the "skier" grip on a couple of tricks.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-23-2010, 5:32 PM Reply   
That was awesome!!!
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-23-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
If you have a carbon or stiff handle, mount the Go Pro on the handle fornix (where the rope attaches) facing you. It gives an excellent perspective.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-23-2010, 9:05 PM Reply   
That is really cool. I like it because I have the hardest time visualizing inverts so it helps a little bit getting the perspective of someone actually doing it. The front roll(I think) that you almost bit it on looked super cool, just with everything coming around slower.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-24-2010, 2:59 AM Reply   
That was crazy!!! And yeah the skier grip was definitely weird but i have to say when you did the frontflip, then i put my hands in the skier grip and replayed it, it made sense. I really love the double angle. It made me feel like I was doing those tricks because thats exactly what it looks like in the air. I feel like I could watch that a few more times and not even have to warm up from the off season
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-24-2010, 6:58 AM Reply   
Wow, that was really cool! Thanks for sharing.

I especially liked the whirly. I've thrown tantrums early for years and years. It was really cool to see how much your vision (or where you were looking) didn't change until you were already off the wake. I start kicking my head back WAY to early so it was just cool to see how long you wait to turn your head into the flip.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-25-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
I just have always used the skier grip when I go to do a front flip, or front roll. The funny is when I do a front to fakie I use a normal grip. I guess I am just old school. Oh well it was fun doing to video.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-25-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
Although the skier grip was a little painful to watch lol, that video was so much fun to watch!!!! It was nice to be out on the water again for a couple minutes!! haha