Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-16-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
Well after 7 years I decided it was time to refresh my setup old Hyperlite setup, so I got this new Ronix One board/binding combo shipped to my place in Argentina.

After making my expensive way through customs, I finally have the setup home waiting for it's first ride, I have many questions, hope someone jumps in and help.

I've been wondering how's this about distributing the weight on a 3 stage rocker (I come from a continous rocker), and how this variable rail thing work. Overall how do you ride this thing?

About the bindings I'm not sure I undertand how the laces work, I can adjust them but do they stay like that or loosen during the set?
Also, any home-made ideas to do the moldable thing? with a hair dryer maybe? I think I'll be adding the J-bars too. I tried the bindings and my heel had some play.

How's durability and warranty on this things?, I see it's all made in Taiwan now??? When my friend had a problem with the inserts on his Hyperlite board they warrantied it right away, should I expect the same with this company?

Really appreciate any input

thanks
Luciano
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
what board and bindings did you get?
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-16-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
Well after 7 years I decided it was time to refresh my setup old Hyperlite setup, so I got this new Ronix One board/binding combo shipped to my place in Argentina.}}
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-16-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
"Ronix One board/binding combo"
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-16-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
Warranty is great, board is alright but thats a personal opinion I know freinds that love it, and depending on your riding style Id say its pretty durable. The only problem Ive seen and experienced are the base plates on the bindings can break at times. But if your not hittin double ups and just out there for a good time, you got a great board and nothing to worry about. Ronix will back you on there product as well. Reps, riders, and staff are great!
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-16-2008, 4:01 PM Reply   
I have the same set-up and I love it! for distribution of weight. I ride with the bindings all the way out so it is even thats just a personal preferance. My Bindings I just tighten the bottom part as tight as i can pull then do the top the same way. They dont seem to loosen for me during my set unless you take a hard fall. I usally check before I go again. I never heat molded them if your in warm weather I think they will mold quickly. Ive heard people using a hot bathtub or shower or even a hot tub. A hair dyer might work ok? As for the inserts I rode my board all year and have had no problems just make sure you keep checking to make sure there tight. Hope some of this helps! I love the board and bindings hope it works well for you too!!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-16-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
HAHAH...i've been at work too long...

just get out and ride it...
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-16-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
hey! thanks all for the quick answers, as for the stance I tried the board/bindings at home and had it set. What I meant about weight distribution is regarding this variable rail thing and turning/edging.

As for the kind of use, I only ride on wake, and have not been in enough good shape to hit a double up for a loooooong time, so I think I'll be nice to it.

I'm not sure when I'll have time to try it out, hope it's soon!

(Message edited by Lucho-g on October 16, 2008)