Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-18-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
Anybody know of anyone doing one or anyone interested in buying one?

I am going to pick one up and was just wondering. Maybe if there is enough interest we could do our own Wakeworld group buy.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-18-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
I would participate in that. Does anyone know who the FAE guy is and does he currently participate on this board. Maybe he will consider a special Spring promotion for us!
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-18-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
I'm in if it goes down.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-18-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
His name is Larry Mann. He's on here I'm pretty sure. He has a website.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-18-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
www.planetnautique.com was having one just recently.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-18-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
i would be in on a group buy
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-18-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Count me in as well. I am going to be doing a lot of wakesurfing this year.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-18-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
I just sent FAE an Email with the link to this discussion thread. Lets see if he would be willing to work with us.

ciao.............Leonard
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-18-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
I am in...
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-18-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
Cool was actually going to try and get it setup if I saw enough responses.......Thanks leaonard

We'll wait and see what happens. I am in for sure if there was any doubt.
Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-18-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
What does
FAE stand for??
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-18-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Fresh Air Exhaust, check out their site www.boatpipes.com
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-18-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
Scooter... Fresh Air Exhaust
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-18-2008, 2:11 PM Reply   
FAE FTW!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-18-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
I would be in too, I like what I have seen and plan to do more surfing this year.
Old     (chadgreg)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-18-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
Did they give a price? How much can we save?
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
OK EVERYBODY, The below message is a response back from Larry Mann the owner of FAE. Now is the time for all of you that are interested to belly up to the bar with me. It appears that we need to get 10 orders to get a batch size large enough for FAE to do the EP finish. Personally that is the way I want to go with my boat. We have until the 15th of April for our group buy. Please send me a PM indicating that you want to be part of group buy. Next week I am thinking to send the list of E mail addresses I collect to FAE for the group buy (indicate standard or EP finish)to establish our
discount and give FAE an idea of how many of us there are. You can just go ahead now individually on the FAE web site, using the group discount code to process our orders. I think this is how I will spend my $600 tax rebate check in order to help stimulate the US economy! LOL

Leonard

Thanks for the request. To accomplish a group buy, someone on the site needs to coordinate it. Basically that means disseminating the group buy info, collecting emails addresses and forwarding those to me. Also, I do not read the discussion boards unless someone sends me a link on something I need to see; thanks for the heads up. I barely have enough time to read my email, much less discussion boards.

We can do a WakeWorld group buy. We will do a $50 discount and the closing date will be April 15. Since the price of stainless steel is starting to rise again we will be adjusting the price of FAE upward this spring. The sooner someone places an order, the better chance they have getting locked in on a lower price (in addition to the $50 off). The discount code is: WW0308

For price and ordering, go to: www.FreshAirExhaust.com

If we have at least 10 orders, we will include the stainless cover sleeve option at no charge (normally $5-$15).

We will also extend the availability of the Electro-Polish finish as an option for $75 more. We must get at least 6 orders for the EP finish to proceed with the EP order. The standard finish remains black gloss powder coat.

Let me know if you wish to coordinate this group buy or if you have any questions. Whoever coordinates the buy needs to post the above information and to keep me abreast of questions that require my response.

For your boat, I need the measurements (see attached).

Again, thanks for your support,

Larry Mann, DC

Hill Country Boardz, LLC

TrickBoardz.com

FreshAirExhaust.com

5328 Reimers Rd

Spicewood TX 78669
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-19-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
I have a few questions. Basiclly the exhaust is exiting further down in the water correct? So what about the added drag to the boat with that in the water below the boat? Would the Malibu Silent tip Exhaust by Hydro Power not do the same?
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-19-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Leonard-I sent a PM and my big belly is up to the bar.

Just to let everyone know I am going with the standard powder coat.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-19-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
Pm sent I am in
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-19-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
Good deal guys, Like I said, I will send the official tally to Larry next week but go ahead and place your order direct with them. I already started mine today. Larry told me that before we contacted him that he had a couple of orders for the EP finish which he would credit towards our group goal, for those of us who want to get EP finish. He apparantly has to have these done in batches in order to cost effectively offer them at $75 additional.

Hanger Pilot: If you do a search on the Wakesurf discussion board, you will find a lot of discussion regarding the FAE system from members that have it. Those testimonials are what have sold me on getting one! Apparantly they confirm no difference to your wake, and no adverse affect of drag. Some have commented that at throttle wide open a drop by 1-2mph. Wakeboarding your riding at 22mph, skiing 34mph so personally, my boat does not spend much time going 45. With the Malibu silent tip, I would speculate that because it is still close to surface, you would still get some emissions and noise at plane speed. This FAE system seems to work as the same principle as an I/O exhaust, whereas you are kinda using the water to scrub your emission/noise. The FAE web site has some studies that you can review regarding this. Maybe someone that has one of these installed can chime in here with some more info?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-19-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
If anyone is interested, I have the EP polish finish on mine and it looks great.
It vastly improved the enjoyment of being in the boat. No smells, quietest boat on the lake. (I/O's included)
Old     (tlatoani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-20-2008, 7:10 AM Reply   
So we just purchase using the code above?

Still can't decide which finish to get. Seems kind of silly to get the polished finish since I have a not-so-bling Moomba. It does look pretty hot though.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-20-2008, 7:11 AM Reply   
The following is a list I began compiling for our website but haven't found time to enter it there yet.
Larry Mann, DC
Fresh Air Exhaust

Wakeworld discussion links

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/181947.html

We used it in the Wake Surf Jam a few weeks ago.
Many contestents noted that they never even smelled any fumes. That system rocks.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/484587.html

Definitely recommend it here.

I have only good things to say about mine.

Best option I've ever added, period! You won't regret it!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/522271.html

Best money I have spent on my boat

know it was the best change I did on the boat.

I've had the boat out twice and it's unbelievable...

It quiets the boat down-stereo doesn't have to be as loud. No more exhaust smell. The down side is that sometimes I forget the boat is running (so quiet)

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/428721.html

one of the best upgrades to the boat yet. Well worth every penny.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/428720.html

It works great, and doesn't effect the wake or handling. I like how much quieter the boat is now.

We love ours! No exhaust smell.

It's a great product. You can talk at a regular volume with your gang, you can hear the stereo a LOT better 80 feet back, and you won't get sick from fumes when surfing. There is no difference with handling and it doesn't effect the wake.

I have FAE and love it. It makes the boat quiter and exhaust fume smell is much less.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/538956.html

Had it two years. I like it and it works as advertised. No more headaches. You can talk at full throttle. I would not surf without it.

FAE = Better sounding stereo, less obnoxious fumes, and being able to actually have a conversation with people in the boat.

... the service is exceptional.

Absolutely amazing product. Every boat should have one. My tower speakers don't have to work so hard and you can carry on normal conversations in the boat.

Well worth the money for just reducing engine noise, not to mention the health and safety benefits of the redirected CO

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/373013.html

GREAT. No more fumes while surfing!

The only "problem" is I have to look at my tach now to see if the boat is running...our boat is in stealth mode now...very quiet.

It's definately nice. I'd recommend to everyone.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-20-2008, 12:18 PM Reply   
TLAT

I hear ya was really trying to decide....I have 0 chrome on my X-star, but that thing in the EP finish is slick....I went black, but still love the EP
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-23-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
Just put my order in online and it was easy. Just put in the promo code and you are set. Now just cannot wait to get my FAE!
Old     (tlatoani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-23-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
I just decided to order the black one. I figure the $75 can go towards gas :P

Thanks for the work OP.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-24-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
Hi, just posting to bring it back up to the top. How many of your ordered the EP finish?
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-24-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
i went with the standard black, but thanks for setting this up!
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-24-2008, 9:50 PM Reply   
Anyone have any ideas as to why Correct Craft is more expensive, may require transom drilling, and they carry a low stock on them? Just my luck.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-25-2008, 6:49 AM Reply   
has anyone ordered one for a 89-91 sunsport ?
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-25-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
Do these get in the way of the wakeplate?
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
I'm in for a Correct Craft, if someone can tell me the correct dimensions for a 2002 Super Air Nautique. As Rod mentioned, unfortunately CC looks to be the only vendor that doesn't have an easily clickable choice off the shelf...
Old     (tlatoani)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-25-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
Gerald,
The one for my Moomba says it is for a boat with a wakeplate. If you dont see that listed I would contact them directly.
T
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-25-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
There is a sheet with measurements that you have to fill out when you order. When I did mine Larry asked me to check on one of the measurements I origionally entered because it seemed a little different to what was normal. It appears that every application requires it to but built somewhat custom fit.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2008, 10:16 PM Reply   
Just put my order in for a standard black model for a 2000 SAN. Three weeks delivery time due to custom construction of my pipe due to CC variations in exhaust.

Tommy - you need to measure for CC because even boats of the same year/model have different measurements according to Larry. They custom make the CC FAEs so take the time to properly measure your ride using the CC directions on the site and you should be good to go. Took me 5 minutes to get it all done.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2008, 5:43 AM Reply   
Chris, I've planned on buying one of these in the past, but held off...I'm slightly paranoid that my measurement will be off by 1/4" somewhere and the damn thing won't fit right. If you look at the diagram, the areas you're measuring don't line up, so it would be very easy to make a mistake of at least that much.

I'm also scratching my head, having a hard time envisioning another '02 with different exhaust outlet or swim platform placement, but maybe the 8.1 liter was very different, I'm not sure. But I'm guessing those of us with the std GT-40 have the same measurements...
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-26-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
Tommy, if something didn't fit right I think FAE would fix it for you. Larry is very good with customer service.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-27-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I just placed my order.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-27-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
Tommy - when I talked to Larry he stated that all CCs tend to be a little different even with the GT40 engine. I would take the measurements with the exhaust flap off and it seems pretty hard to mess it up. Take your time and use a level to make sure everything is good. Larry will make it right but really only the X value is the one that you need to get absolutely right. Take the flap off and then measure from the outside of the exhaust pipe. My X value was 2 3/8" so let me know if yours measures different. The rest of my values were as follows but please measure your own to make sure you are the same: W - 3 1/4", Y - 11 1/4", Z - 8". My exhaust is on the left and my center bracket is centered and bolted directly to the transom. Once again please do not use these measurements as the standard for all SANs and take your own measurements.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-27-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
Chris,
I just measured my 01 SAN and came up with this: X= 1 3/4 W= 3 1/4 Y= 11 Z= 8
Just a bit different on the X meas. I'm going to go out and verify my measurement. Larry is going over my measurements and going to let me know what I will need. Are you going to have to drill into your transom? Also, can you get to the bolts on the rear of your swim bracket? Good luck with your install.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-27-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
Rod - yes, I can get my bolts off the swim bracket if I remove the rear locker walls so no drillling for me. Not an easy task but it is do able. It looks like we have a significant difference in the X so that is just a testiment that CCs are not all created equal. I wanted to post my specs just to see what other people had so thanks for responding.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-28-2008, 6:20 AM Reply   
Chris,
Not as much difference as first stated. When I remeasured I found that the rubber flapper housing is 5/8" thick. That made my measurement move to 2 1/8" for X. Thanks for posting.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-28-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
Cool,
I just found out that with my order I don't need anything special to take off my swim step (I need to take it off to park it).
It will get bolted to the fake trim tab that I have on the back.
Upload

Thanks Larry!!
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-28-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
Ordered mine today. Black.
Old     (hokiesax)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
Larry said the EP option is best for use in salt water but is $75 more. Does anyone know how well a regular stainless has held up in salt? We take the boat out after each ride and thoroughly wash it.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       04-02-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
Finally go all of the measurements for mine and sent it in. Looks like I'll have to remake the center brackets, maybe just remove the angled support for them, I figure the end ones should provide enough support.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
Just a post to bring this back to the top. I hear we got enough orders in to get the free Stainless Steel cover sleeve with our orders. Hopefully there is still some interest to get the EP finish as we need a few more to make a batch run.
Old     (hokiesax)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2008, 10:53 AM Reply   
What exactly is the Stainless Steel cover sleeve anyway?
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
If you look on the web site you can see the option when you order. Basically they use a all thread type support that goes from the exhaust manifold to the underside of the swim step. The SS cover is just a $10-15 option that is added that makes it look more Jazzy! But we have now had enough participation from this board that he is going to throw it in with the deal.

Here is link for my application showing the difference between the two:

http://www.mcssl.com/SecureCart/ViewCart.aspx?mid=5222E90C-6919-4A1C-8F10-3EAF4CDE67EF&pid=15e562993a7f1809fb29afead7b076a6& bhcp=1
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-04-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
I got in on the buy, thanks for the hook-up. Larry talked me through the measurements. It looks as though the basic issue with the measurements for Nauty's is the fact that the swim platform bracket is not perfectly measured out. This became clear when I noticed mine is good 3/4" plus off center, and actually wasn't perfectly level.

A little disappointing to find that to be the case, but makes it more understandable as to why I needed to take measurements...
Old     (pcolajosh)      Join Date: May 2007       04-11-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
Anyone receive their kit?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-11-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
^Mine's coming tomorrow
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
Mine is shipping on Monday. I spoke with Larry this AM and those of us who ordered early on in the group buy: our orders are now beginning to ship. Looks like we had a pretty good participation from our WW Buy! The group buy is closing next week by the 16th. There is about a 3 wk lead time from order date. Also, Larry does not charge your credit card account until he ships your order which speaks for his incentive to deliver.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-11-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
I got mine and installed it in about 1 and a half hours. I'm really looking forward to using it. The only annoying thing was that I had to go for a home depot run to pick up silicon sealant for the screws.

My only suggestion would be for the guys at FAE to see about picking up those ketchup packets of Silicon to put in the install kit, so that the install kit would be complete.

Otherwise everything was perfect.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-11-2008, 8:34 PM Reply   
i ordered one a couple days ago i can't wait to hear and smell the difference. thats kind of an odd word combo.

thanks for the hook up.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-20-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Mine installed yesterday...Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-21-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
I ordered mine a long time ago and have yet to get any update on its status. I have a Nautique so the run is supposed to take longer but our season is now in full swing and no new exhaust kit yet. Hopefully Larry hooks me up soon.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Mine came in Friday, I spent the weekend putting it on. I will post pics later. Mine unfortunately took longer than 2hrs to put on and I am somewhat mechanically inclined. I got the quick release option and I chose to mount the 3/4" rail along the 3 metal braces that Supra uses to hold the fiberglass swimstep. I also did a countersink of the bolt into the glass on the other side of the brace.

I do not know what kind of metal Skier Choice uses in the fabrication of their swimstep braces but it took me all day to drill the 3- 1/4" holes I needed. GEEEZ! I went thru several drill bits from HD and Lowes and I followed metal drilling protocol, using cutting oil, slow drill speed etc.. Those braces were just a Bi%$h!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
Good stainless steel is really tough to drill through.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-22-2008, 10:00 PM Reply   
I love mine, way better than sideswipe $ for $ .you will not regret buying this product! had no problems installing it. 2004 Avalanche