Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
I heard from the sheriff's dept contact that thefts are huge right now. They moved of the water and towards the inland areas. They are scoping out targets - open garages and trucks with boat/wake stickers on the back, then coming back and break into garages. I was told that they are hitting The Lakes and Lakeshore neighborhoods now, kicking in garage side doors.

I know of atleast one other person on Wakeworld that lives at the lakes. Keep an eye out for you and your neighbors!
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-09-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
Jeff - I'm in the lakes too. Do you know what streets have been hit.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-09-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
Lock and Load.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-09-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
A cheap deternet if you don't have an alram, is to put a couple fake snakes in your boat...one on the floor and one in the stereo compartment.....cleaning a little theif poo off your carpet may be better than haviing your stereo yanked.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-09-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
Throw a baby monitor in the boat and the other in your room with you. Hear every thing that goes on in your boat.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
I live on yellowstone(east side of lake), there are a lot of boats one our street, and haven't heard anything near me.

Don't know of any first hand, a Deputy told my ex to keep an eye on our garages. Added that Lakeshore and Lakes have been were most have been at.

I like the idea of a baby monitor, coupled with Shane's idea.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-09-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
You guys thing these things would work to protect a boat in a garage?

http://www.dimango.com/sa-motion-detector-hs4340d.htm
Old     (vdriverider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-09-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
Jeff-I appreciate the warning. I got the sherriffs' flyer in the mail today warning everyone about these thieves. I am also in Disco just across Lakeshore. My neighborhood got hit hard last Friday. These team of thieves seem to be out at full force. I can't believe they are smashing in side doors. And how are they getting into a gated community? So sorry for all the victims hope they catch these guys soon.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-09-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
I networked out to some of the people I know, and it semes like there hasn't been anythng on the east side of the Lakes. Or atleast not yet. No body even knew anything about it.

IMO, since both of the communities in question are gated, keep an eye on older kids living in your hood that still live with their folks. Lakes and Lakeshore are linked together, get in one, you are in both. So each of our probs are each others.

I'm guessing that if they are stealing wake stuff, they are mobile. It be tough walk down the street with a load of wake stuff, anytime of day. Watch for strange vehicles casing the neighborhood, and take down identifiers. If something happens, let someone know.
Old     (sbilyeu)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-11-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
Chas- Props on the baby monitor idea! Hit me up, lets ride.