Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-21-2014, 2:08 PM Reply   
Well as I sit here looking out my window and it is dumping 10" of fresh powder here in PA, I just put down payment and signed the loan papers for this!! Come on Spring!!!Name:  225598.jpg
Views: 6513
Size:  83.5 KB

Name:  225606.jpg
Views: 6499
Size:  87.2 KB
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-21-2014, 2:18 PM Reply   
nice boat! i dig that color scheme!
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-21-2014, 2:55 PM Reply   
Ahhhh something to look forward to!!!!That will help you get through this crap weather!!!Congrats!!
Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       01-21-2014, 3:26 PM Reply   
Where in PA are you and where do you plan on running that beast? I'll be at Lake Raystown most of this summer.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-21-2014, 3:34 PM Reply   
Wow that is nice! Colors are gonna pop on the water too!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-21-2014, 3:39 PM Reply   
Good looking boat!!
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-21-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
Sweet ride, you will enjoy it once the white stuff disappears!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       01-21-2014, 4:33 PM Reply   
Awesome looking boat! Congrats!!
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-21-2014, 5:32 PM Reply   
Congrats man, hope u have a blast, I just got a new mxz22 myself and am jonesing waiting for warmer weather. I posted my new boat up too, this winter is brutal
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-21-2014, 5:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for the comments guys! I am super pumped to get on the water now! I got the boat for an great price but have to travel to Michigan to pick it up. I am going to let it in their showroom until spring.

What are the thoughts on the Liquid Force wrap? It is graphite/lime green under it.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-21-2014, 5:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salister View Post
Where in PA are you and where do you plan on running that beast? I'll be at Lake Raystown most of this summer.
Well if you will be at Raystown, you will def see me!! That is the only place I ride. I have a camper on a permanent site at Weaver Falls end. Would love to hook up and ride sometime!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-21-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
I like it! Just got an A20 myself. I know how you feel!
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-21-2014, 5:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
Congrats man, hope u have a blast, I just got a new mxz22 myself and am jonesing waiting for warmer weather. I posted my new boat up too, this winter is brutal
Dude, I seen your boat and that thing is sick!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-21-2014, 6:01 PM Reply   
Very nice work. Sweet first boat. Gotta be pumped!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       01-21-2014, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraA22 View Post
Thanks for the comments guys! I am super pumped to get on the water now! I got the boat for an great price but have to travel to Michigan to pick it up. I am going to let it in their showroom until spring.

What are the thoughts on the Liquid Force wrap? It is graphite/lime green under it.
I think it looks pretty badass
Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       01-21-2014, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraA22 View Post
Well if you will be at Raystown, you will def see me!! That is the only place I ride. I have a camper on a permanent site at Weaver Falls end. Would love to hook up and ride sometime!
Cool most def, I just got up last year when we rented a toon from 7points. Im picking up a sanger this week and cant wait to get up there. Well have to meet up sometime... We rent houseboats every year but will definately be camping alot this year. my grandfather used to own a farm by the resort.... I love that area.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-21-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Cool most def, I just got up last year when we rented a toon from 7points. Im picking up a sanger this week and cant wait to get up there. Well have to meet up sometime... We rent houseboats every year but will definately be camping alot this year. my grandfather used to own a farm by the resort.... I love that area.
Oh yea!! I normally party in Coffee Run! We will def meet up!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-21-2014, 8:04 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new ride!!!
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-22-2014, 4:35 AM Reply   
Thanks again for all the compliments! Again if anyone is around the Raystown Lake area in PA and wants a ride just hit me up..Def going to need some drivers/riders!

I am also looking for board racks if anyone has any for sale..not looking for anything super expensive right at the moment, just needs to hold boards.
Old     (shorewake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-22-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
I'll be at Raystown for a week this summer. Staying at Raystown lake resort. I'll be on the '85 American Skier on the verge of sinking. Feel free to flag us down. I haven't rode behind a real wake boat in years would love to get a run.
Old     (shorewake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-22-2014, 6:36 AM Reply   
BTW SICKKKK boat... forgot to throw that in there
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-23-2014, 3:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorewake View Post
I'll be at Raystown for a week this summer. Staying at Raystown lake resort. I'll be on the '85 American Skier on the verge of sinking. Feel free to flag us down. I haven't rode behind a real wake boat in years would love to get a run.

Thanks man! Yea I missed 2 weekends last year from Memorial weekend to Labor day weekend on Raystown!! I am pumped to get back on the water.

I will def give you a pull!
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       01-23-2014, 4:49 AM Reply   
Nice! Not many boats out there like that one. I'd say leave the wrap on for now, it looks like your pros... haha
Old     (axxxiswake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-23-2014, 4:58 AM Reply   
I am VERY familiar with that boat It was owned by the local LF rep.

The guys at Gull Lake are top notch, high quality guys.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-23-2014, 6:44 AM Reply   
I am very interested in how familiar you are with it lol...
Old     (axxxiswake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-23-2014, 7:54 AM Reply   
haha I'm just messing around, I saw it on Gull Lake a few times, and the owner used once to pick up some vests for my GF from his house. Always looked clean and well cared for, as it was a moving advertisment for the owner.
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       01-24-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
previous owner is a stand up guy - i know him as well
Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       01-26-2014, 10:33 AM Reply   
Well I just got my new to me Sanger, Cant wait for summer time to get up to raystown on the weekends.
Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-26-2014, 5:50 PM Reply   
Sweet boat! We all struggle through the winter months but the dream of a new boat keeps it alive. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by wakeworld; 01-28-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-29-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
Well after 24 hour straight trip we have our new boat home safe and sound and even got out on our lake for a little bit on Saturday. Here are some updated pics of boat and family!

I would like to make a huge shout out to all of the guys at Gull Lake Marine! Those guys are top notch! They helped us through the whole process and took very good care of us. They took the extra time to make sure the P&P bags were done right, the boat was ready to tow 500 miles, and never complained about taking us on a test ride in the rain at 45 degrees. All of the staff was very helpful and friendly! Thanks guys from Gull Lake and come visit anytime!!
Attached Images

Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-29-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
Sick boat. Enjoy it. I think we are all sick of winter haha!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-29-2014, 11:11 AM Reply   
Nice boat and congrats

P.S.

I see your son learned quickly NO shoes on the boat LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-29-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
Love the boat. A22 wake sacked out is my favorite to date. Not trying to be an ass, but put a life jacket on that boy especially if he is gonna walk around in the boat out of arms reach. Water temps up there are still really chilly and none of us want to hear any bad news.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-29-2014, 1:38 PM Reply   
+1 Kids flip out of boats quick. Plus its the law.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-30-2014, 4:29 AM Reply   
Everyone, thanks for the comments on the boat! We are super stoked to start riding behind it. All we have been behind is an I/O.

As to the life jackets... I appreciate your concerns and hear your comments. The law in PA is any boat 21' and over they do not require life jackets. Yes the water is still chilly so a dip would be a shock and would be my biggest concern. He is a good swimmer and swims often in the pool without a jaket. He swims year around and takes lessons year round. We are fortunate that I am a Coach and our High School has an indoor pool (if they would just let me set up a winch!). We have rules about the boat that are followed and have been since he has been on the boat at 5 weeks. No running, No Leaning with feet off the ground (that picture is deceiving), and before he gets on the back pad, his life jacket goes on.

Can we get some warm weather soon please!!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-30-2014, 6:23 AM Reply   
Wow I didn't believe you so I looked up the law in PA and your right. He doesn't have to wear a life jacket as long as its over 20'. So I'm going to post what I found so other people don't try and call you out even more.

Who Must Wear A Life Jacket?
##Children 12 years of age and younger on Commonwealth waters when underway in any boat 20 feet or less in length and in all canoes and kayaks.
##On Pittsburgh District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers lakes (only), everyone in boats under 16 feet and in all canoes and kayaks.
##All water skiers and anyone towed behind boats, in addition to personal watercraft operators and passengers, and sailboarders (windsurfers) are required to wear a life jacket. Inflatable life jackets are not acceptable for these activities.
##Boaters are required, by law, to wear life jackets on boats less than 16 feet in length or any canoe or kayak during the cold weather months from November 1 through April 30
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2014, 6:33 AM Reply   
I'd still put that kid in a puddle jumper at least. I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old and I won't let either on the boat without a jacket. Not just because its the law, but because it's the lake, and you never know what's going to happen. If a kid goes under in the lake, you aren't finding him/her until it's too late.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-30-2014, 6:57 AM Reply   
lifejacket

sick boat

lots of fun to be had
Old     (BradM07SS)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-30-2014, 7:17 AM Reply   
OP is a grown adult he doesn't need to be told what to do with his kid or kids. It's his kid not yours. This thread is about his first boat purchase.

Love the boat!! A22 will be my next boat in a couple years.

Last edited by BradM07SS; 04-30-2014 at 7:19 AM. Reason: spell
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-30-2014, 7:35 AM Reply   
Hey, calm down Brad. Sometimes people need to hear helpful suggestions about HOW TO SAFELY ENJOY THEIR FIRST BOAT...

Sweet boat by the way. I owned two A22's and loved them both.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-30-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
Brad it doesn't matter if he's an adult, that kid needs a life jacket on.

Very nice boat, just please get a life jacket on the kid

The law doesn't matter if he falls overboard while under way and drowns before you can get back to him. Lakes are dangerous and there is no reason to be another tragic story. I'm willing to bet if you looked at the PA law again there would be a clause that kids 12 and under have to have a life jacket on, if not it would be the first state I've ever heard not having one.

Last edited by cjh1669; 04-30-2014 at 7:46 AM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-30-2014, 7:41 AM Reply   
My kids are also great swimmers, but lake = lifejacket for the reasons Chatt explained.
Old     (Cardi)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-30-2014, 7:56 AM Reply   
Nice Boat! I can't wait for my first boat purchase.

Hey I am a graduating senior from Penn State State College campus so I am relatively close to Lake Raystown. After graduation I will be around the area until the end of June and then I relocate to Indiana to start my new job at Cummins. I don't know if you're new to wakeboarding/surfing or not, but if you are I'd love to get out on the water and give some lessons! I have some younger cousins that I've taught before. If so, feel free to contact me at crg5149@gmail.com. My name is Carson.

Hopefully we will see some warm weather soon!

Have a good one.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-30-2014, 4:35 PM Reply   
Your interior will last a ton longer if you don't have shoes in the boat...but it's your boat enjoy. I had an A22 and now have an A24
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-30-2014, 5:02 PM Reply   
Nice boat and congrats!

Put that kid in a jacket. You would never forgive yourself if something very preventable happened to your son. Those pics actually give me chills. My daughter fell out of our Malibu around your son's age a couple of years ago and she might not be with us if she wasn't wearing a life jacket...and she's a good swimmer.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-30-2014, 11:21 PM Reply   
Seriously pointing out that the law doesn't require it, that he swims...yada yada yada...ranks right up there with the dumbest things I've ever seen on WW. The kid is standing in the bow. To defend that is just stupid. Enjoy your boat. Maybe you can sue axis after your kid falls out and dies. It won't be the first time its happened.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-01-2014, 2:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftskir View Post
Seriously pointing out that the law doesn't require it, that he swims...yada yada yada...ranks right up there with the dumbest things I've ever seen on WW. The kid is standing in the bow. To defend that is just stupid. Enjoy your boat. Maybe you can sue axis after your kid falls out and dies. It won't be the first time its happened.
Thanks for posting! I am glad to see that the internet does not fail me.. LOL. It is guys like you that turn sites like this into trash. I don't mind concerns and suggestions, however your ignorant comment was uncalled for. I read every post up to yours and enjoyed and pondered those comments, I read yours and laughed. I am on this site to talk about a sport and recreation that we all enjoy. If you would like to troll around and bash people please refrain from clicking on any of my posts. Have a great day!

Everyone else, thanks for the comments! Just to clarify my original title is wrong. This is not my first boat, it is my first wake boat. I have owned a few I/O and have been boating for 15 years.

All three pictures are posing pictures at the dock. He was only in the bow to get off the boat and there was a friend standing on the dock to get him (Reason his shoes were on, and he got scolded for that LOL), he is always in the back with me and his mother and normally sitting on the seat beside her.

Your comments will definitely make me think more and yes probably put his jacket on more. Again I thank everyone for sharing the stoke!!
Old     (chillaxin)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-01-2014, 4:14 AM Reply   
Good grief people. I find it hilarious that millions of people take their kids to the ocean and let them run around in the surf without life jackets. Yet on a lake we freak out because there is a child standing in a boat. I agree that gentle suggestions are appropriate but after that mind your own flipping business. We have the same law here in Idaho and guess what.... If the boat stops and we are floating my kids can take their jackets off. OH MY GOD. SOMEONE CALL CPS!!!! Seriously??? Get a life. Anchor, do you really have nothing better to do than troll the internet and protect us all from ourselves?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-01-2014, 5:48 AM Reply   
I agree that Hey You Scratched My Anchor's comment was not constructive, but over the top. I think most people just wanted to urge the op to keep his kid in a jacket; however, it's his choice as to what to do with his kid.

Two stories that directly impacted people I know personally: When I was in the 6th grade, a girl in my class lost her 5 year old sister in a boating accident. She was in the bow of her parent's boat without a life jacket on. The boat was idling forward and she fell out. Because she did not have a jacket on she sank low enough to go down several feet directly under the boat, and when she tried to swim up, she came up under the prop, which cut her in the head and killed her. Two years ago at 4th of July, a ton of boats were tied up in a local cove. A kid fell off a boat, hit his head in the process, and sank. A hundred people jumped in trying to find him, but the body was not found for hours (by divers). Presumably, both accidents could have been avoided had life jackets been worn. The only time I let my kids take their jackets off is when we are anchored, I am sitting with them, and we are eating lunch together or something. Any other time, jackets go on. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd rather be a bit overprotective than have something preventable happen.

We let our kids wear these (puddle jumpers), which are CGA approved. - not my actual kids.
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2014, 6:33 AM Reply   
My 2 year old isn't even allowed on the dock without his life jacket, and that water is only 4 feet deep, and he has had infant survival swim training.

It's just not worth the risk...EVER.
Old     (skers85)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-01-2014, 6:36 AM Reply   
Nice boat!!!!! Should be a great season riding behind that beast
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-01-2014, 6:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I agree that Hey You Scratched My Anchor's comment was not constructive, but over the top. I think most people just wanted to urge the op to keep his kid in a jacket; however, it's his choice as to what to do with his kid.

Two stories that directly impacted people I know personally: When I was in the 6th grade, a girl in my class lost her 5 year old sister in a boating accident. She was in the bow of her parent's boat without a life jacket on. The boat was idling forward and she fell out. Because she did not have a jacket on she sank low enough to go down several feet directly under the boat, and when she tried to swim up, she came up under the prop, which cut her in the head and killed her. Two years ago at 4th of July, a ton of boats were tied up in a local cove. A kid fell off a boat, hit his head in the process, and sank. A hundred people jumped in trying to find him, but the body was not found for hours (by divers). Presumably, both accidents could have been avoided had life jackets been worn. The only time I let my kids take their jackets off is when we are anchored, I am sitting with them, and we are eating lunch together or something. Any other time, jackets go on. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd rather be a bit overprotective than have something preventable happen.

We let our kids wear these (puddle jumpers), which are CGA approved. - not my actual kids.
Chatt - we all know that is you in the yellow one!!

Last edited by TundraA22; 05-01-2014 at 6:46 AM. Reason: I wanted a smilie so chatt didnt think I was being a prick
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-01-2014, 6:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skers85 View Post
Nice boat!!!!! Should be a great season riding behind that beast
Thanks man! Yea I am looking forward to it! I am contemplating a wet suit so I can start now lol. Only problem is I would look like shamoo at seaworld in a suit

I am thinking about tinting the windows very soon!
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-01-2014, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Love the boat. A22 wake sacked out is my favorite to date. Not trying to be an ass, but put a life jacket on that boy especially if he is gonna walk around in the boat out of arms reach. Water temps up there are still really chilly and none of us want to hear any bad news.
and tell him to get his shoes off the seats!

Quote:
OP is a grown adult he doesn't need to be told what to do with his kid or kids. It's his kid not yours. This thread is about his first boat purchase.
I can see your point but thats a pretty flagrantly retarded argument. Its a kid and he needs a vest. If it were a dog then whatever. The kid could fall, hit his head on the tower, and be on the bottom before anyone hits the water.

Other than that you have a nice sick ride there man. ENJOY IT!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-01-2014, 6:52 AM Reply   
Jason,

Might I suggest picking up some transom tie downs when you get a chance. They greatly improve trailering your boat down the highway. It keeps the rear end from bouncing so much. I recommend these.

http://www.amazon.com/BoatBuckle-Ret...buddy+tie+down
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-01-2014, 7:13 AM Reply   
I second the transom tie downs. The only problem you may have with them is if you forget to undo them prior to attempting to launch you boat. Next thing you know you have a floating trailer. Ask me how I know...
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-01-2014, 7:25 AM Reply   
Yea, the dealership had the standard finger pincher tie downs on it. I am def going to upgrade these! Luckily I only tow about 2 miles round trip to lauch. We have a camper on a permanent site at the lake. We only missed 2 weekends from Memorial weekend to Labor day Weekend on the boat!

Chatt, that is alright I did that with my jet ski once and could figure out why it wouldn't come off the trailer! Lol

Last edited by TundraA22; 05-01-2014 at 7:26 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-01-2014, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by okwakebdr View Post
My 2 year old isn't even allowed on the dock without his life jacket, and that water is only 4 feet deep, and he has had infant survival swim training.

It's just not worth the risk...EVER.
The dock is the most dangerous place on the lake, we don't let ours on there without a jacket either. Few years ago at a lake north of us a 5 year old was walking on the dock and a boat came in too fast, hit the dock, kid fell in and got caught int he supports and drowned.

People can say it's my choice and some states are behind the times law wise, doesn't decrease the danger. I wouldn't risk my kids life like that. Our house boat got pulled over by the coast guard on lake powell because we had kids on it. They thanked us for making them wear life jackets while under way. If they hadn't been there is a zero tolerance law and it would have been a large fine. It's not worth losing your child. Thank god the law in colorado is any child under 13 must have a vest on at all times, doesn't mean I don't see morons that do otherwise..........
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-01-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
Tundra your A22 looks awesome, have a great summer. Can't wait to see the little grom shredding too. Stoked for you and your family.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-01-2014, 9:03 AM Reply   
I know I'm just piling on, but this should not be downplayed or minimized. This will be the second season that my 14 year old son has not had to have some type of flotation on even when stopped. Before, while under way he always wore a life jacket and when anchored he would switch to an old fashioned ski belt. The ski belt was small and comfortable, but provided enough flotation that he would not sink if an accident occurred. Too much can go wrong in the blink of an eye. A 52 year old man drowned at the local marina recently when he slipped and fell in. He owned a large cruiser and had been boating his entire life.
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-01-2014, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNRDSKYNRD View Post
Tundra your A22 looks awesome, have a great summer. Can't wait to see the little grom shredding too. Stoked for you and your family.
This will be his first year shredding by himself! He rode with me at 1.5 and 2.5 years old
Attached Images

Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-01-2014, 3:05 PM Reply   
Conspicuously absent from the photos is the throwable required by law to be within arms reach.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-01-2014, 3:30 PM Reply   
You really expect us to believe his feet are on the floor in the leaning out photo? Really?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-01-2014, 3:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
You really expect us to believe his feet are on the floor in the leaning out photo? Really?
Does it matter? It is his kid, not yours. Let him parent his kid as he sees fit. What a little bitch society we live in today.
Old     (skers85)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-02-2014, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
Does it matter? It is his kid, not yours. Let him parent his kid as he sees fit. What a little bitch society we live in today.
Its the world we live nobody minds their own business anymore
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-02-2014, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skers85 View Post
Its the world we live nobody minds their own business anymore
Very true. Too busy judging other lives to pay attention to their own. Focus people.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-02-2014, 1:31 PM Reply   
I heard TundraA22 rides Ronix. Poser.....jk. Sick boat no matter what brand of board he picks.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       05-02-2014, 1:51 PM Reply   
Nce boat man...nice family....don't worry about all of these whiny liberal types. Enjoy your summer!
Old    Paxdad            05-02-2014, 5:11 PM Reply   
The season before last a family on Lake Lanier in Georgia lost their two young sons who were not wearing life jackets when there pontoon was struck by a center console fishing boat. The older of the two boys was able to make it to his little brother and attempted to save him but could not manage in open water at night and they both drowned. Very sad the driver of the other boat was sentenced to 30 months in jail.

So how does this effect me? I was on one of the rescue/ recovery boats with the divers who searched long and extensively for almost two weeks for the youngest boy and saw first hand the numerous close calls the divers had risking their life to recover a dead body so that the family could have closure.

So each one of you single minded morons/ idiots (Riggin Rixstine/ Tim) that is not supporting the use of life jackets by children etc. YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE PISSED ON EVEN IF YOU ARE ON FIRE!!!
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-02-2014, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
I heard TundraA22 rides Ronix. Poser.....jk. Sick boat no matter what brand of board he picks.
LOL now all I need is a go pro and people will think I am sponsored... Dude are you sponsored?? Hahaha

People please chill out... I am here to share my boat and enjoy good convo with others. If you can not do that then stay out of my thread. Thanks
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-02-2014, 5:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeno1 View Post
Nce boat man...nice family....don't worry about all of these whiny liberal types. Enjoy your summer!
Thanks dude!!
Old    Paxdad            05-02-2014, 5:48 PM Reply   
Apologies...
Back on point- Nice boat!!!
Old     (Salister)      Join Date: Nov 2013       05-06-2014, 12:35 AM Reply   
latest water temp at raystown is between 52-54 degrees... its warming up..not I check this daily for some stupid reason.

http://www.nab-wc.usace.army.mil/junipub.html
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-06-2014, 3:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
latest water temp at raystown is between 52-54 degrees... its warming up..not I check this daily for some stupid reason.

http://www.nab-wc.usace.army.mil/junipub.html
I know what you mean!! We were up the other day and opened the camper up for the season. Put the boat on as you can see, but only on for 30 min or so. Just wanted to get the feeling of loading and unloading before it gets crazy. This boat is a very different to load than our I/O! We defiantly need to hook up!!
Old     (shorewake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-06-2014, 12:35 PM Reply   
If you don't mind me asking which campground do you stay at? My fam does a week at Raystown Lake Resort every summer. That pic looks like its right near the slalom course at the southern end of the lake by the cliffs.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-06-2014, 1:21 PM Reply   
I got my granddaughter a vest that looks like Nemo, she was always crying with the reg vest on and trying to take it off, ( she's 3 ) I hope this solves the problem, because i dont want to take her out if she won't wear the vest! Nice A20 by the way!!!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-06-2014, 1:23 PM Reply   
corection A22
Old     (TundraA22)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-06-2014, 5:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorewake View Post
If you don't mind me asking which campground do you stay at? My fam does a week at Raystown Lake Resort every summer. That pic looks like its right near the slalom course at the southern end of the lake by the cliffs.
You got it! That is exactly where that picture was taken. We launch at Weaver Falls. Our campground is a mom and pop place just above the cliffs.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-07-2014, 5:48 PM Reply   
If you google raystown lake drowning a nice big list pops up...common thread..no life jacket...the story of Aitch is kinda cool though.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       05-07-2014, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you google raystown lake drowning a nice big list pops up...common thread..no life jacket...the story of Aitch is kinda cool though.
A barefoot suit isn't going to float you face up when you break your neck at speed. Your driver probably won't see the fall and you don't have a spotter because you are on private lakes and can do whatever you want. Just sayin'