Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    phimple            03-11-2006, 2:30 AM Reply   
After finally giving up on my Sony head unit and "marine" remote I have decided to replace it with something that actually works for more than 5 minutes.

Currently I have 2 sets of RCA outs and a sub out and would like to keep it the same or figure out a way to get the same out.

What reccommendations do people have for a head unit and marine hard wired remote?

I am thinking about a Clarion M455 with the CMRC1SB remote but it doesn't have a sub out?

Thanks
Old     (intchamp)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-11-2006, 4:56 AM Reply   
I just installed a Fozgate head unit in my Supra. It has a hard wired controller available I also installed that you can mount anywhere. Two sets of preamps and a sub preamp, 40 watts per channel, detachable face. It is pretty nice. Of course Kenwood is really hot right now, that is what Pirates Cove Marine where I live installs.
Old    phimple            03-13-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
bump... Thanks Kevin, any other options anyone?
Old     (spelsh)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-13-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
you could go with an Eclipse. They have some great radio's, high output preamps, couple different options depending on price range, built in security as well.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-15-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
Phimple which marine remote do you have and what was wrong with it? I am wanting to add another one possibly to the transom. Which head unit do you have? Ive had 2 sony decks, first one came with boat new. It was working when it came out at around 625 hours to put the mp3 deck in that has a aux input for mp3 player.
Old    phimple            03-17-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
The remote is the RM-XM10 and the headunit is a CDX-R5810 ( not sure if you can get them in the US?)

The head unit worked fine till I plugged the remote in and then after going out a couple of times neither the head unit or the remote seem to function. If I unplug the remote the head unit still doesn't work. Its just like none of the buttons work anymore on either the remote or the head unit... I have tried unplugging the both and checking for water etc in the connectors, The head unit goes, just the buttons don't work. Rather frustrating...
Old    phimple            03-17-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
Maybe I should get a Sony CDXR30M and see if that solves the problem. Otherwise I need to get a new headunit and remote...

Oh what to do?