Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-16-2010, 9:43 PM Reply   
We had my buddies 211 weighted pretty good last week between bags and people. We began taking on watewr from somewhere on the surf side, the engine compartment was almost full of water. Any thoughts on where the water may be coming from?

DG
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-17-2010, 5:15 AM Reply   
When he slowed down he probably let the wave catch up with the boat and it probably went in threw the air vents which should be on the port and starbird side. Just have him turn away from the side you are surfing on that should help.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-17-2010, 5:17 AM Reply   
That's an easy one.If you're listed heavy then your air vent is under water scooping up water as you go.The vents on Nautiques are on the back corner of the boat,thus when you sink the rear along with listing it over the vent ends upvery close to the water.It might not be under,but when you turn toward the listed side it can go under and suck water into the bilge.
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-17-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
We thought it was probably the vents. Any thoughts on covering the one on the side we are surfing?
Old     (oldrider)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-07-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
I've surfed behind my 211 for four summers now. The boat is on the water for three months solid and used nearly every day, mostly to surf. If you are only taking on water when you surf, there are three common places where water gets in when the boat is really keeled over. 1) As you have described, the side vents. 2) The black bumper rail especially along the stern. 3) The rear bilge pump out flow.
Solve this by 1) partially occluding the vents on both sides by removing the plate and covering the bottom 2/3 to 3/4 of the vent with a thin rubber gasket material and replacing the plate. This leaves enough space for air movement and the blower to function and prevents water from getting in. 2) With a silicone based sealent run a bead along the under side edge of the bumper rail all along the stern (especially around the metal decal in the back) and up the sides of the boat for about 6 ft. 3) You can either get a new bilge pump with a stiffer impeller, place a one way valve in the hose, or, if you have a good memory, you can fasion a small rubber or plastic plug that you put into the exit hole on the starboard side while you surf goofy...just remember to turn off the pump when the plug is in and remember to take it out and turn the pump back on when your done.
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-07-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
I have a 211 and all of the above plus the hose comes off your ballast. I had this happen once and it was a lot of water. One of your bags may have leaked. We now keep a pump ready for just such times. We always take on a lot of water. I figure that is what pumps are for.