Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2007, 5:24 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy a new skate. I do have a Catalyst for sliding but I can't do surface tricks with it. I think the catalyst is more for behind the boat.

So I'm a beginner in tricks. I ride it behind a jetski or cable not behind a boat.

I can buy:

HL Byerly Legacy
HL Phriction
LF Faction
LF Free Motion

Which skate should I buy?
Old     (djred123)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-06-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
The Legacy has a real loose finless feel to it and has great pop. The Faction is thin and rides low in the water. Do you like the wood feel or the composite feel? I just got a Vinyl 108 and it is the best I have ever ridden (I've only been riding 2 seasons) There all nice skates but there is a lot of difference in the ones you listed. If you want a wood deck I hear Oak and Integ are the best.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
I don't prefer a wood or an composite feel. I had a lot of trouble with the pop. I can't pop high enough with my catalyst to try a pop shuvit(The board is to big). I want a board that has good pop. I don't know if the new Byerly give me easy pop so I can try tricks. Are just the simple Faction

These are the only skates which I can buy in The Netherlands
Old     (djred123)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-06-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
The Leagcy has alot of pop. Its a little tougher to do shuvs and stuff because its a heavier board. I really didn't like the faction but I prefer a more buoyant (composite) board. I believe a wood board is probly easier to do flip tricks with but I have only landed a couple so I'm not the most qualified to say.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2007, 12:13 PM Reply   
Alright!

I just landed a shuvit 180 on my Catalyst so isn't the Legacy to hard for me, What about the Faction or the Anthem.

(Message edited by robin_holland on June 06, 2007)
Old     (djred123)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
Go with the Anthem or the Legacy 39 (I have the 42 and its a lil big). See if you can demo them before you buy.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       06-10-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
Alright thanks, It think I go with the legacy.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       06-14-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
I'm still doubting between the Legacy 39 and the Impulse 40 kyle walton because: I have ridden a Jobe 111 flatskate but it doens't float me anymore to pull me out of the water, because I use boat with 15hp. So I did buy the Catalyst 112 but I'm worried that the impulse or legacy don't float me enough because of there length. Are they? Which board will floats me the most?