Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-19-2007, 9:27 PM Reply   
I have searched past posts but still have more questions and hoping to get advice. I have hard tanks in my Centurian Enzo and need to add more weight for wakeboarding and wakesurfing. I am thinking about removing the hard tanks (220# each) so I can plumb in the Flyhigh sacs (Fat Sac 750# each). Here are my questions:
1. I don't think that I need to fill the 750# bags all the way for wakeboarding because the wake is good already. So if I only fill them 2/3 or 3/4 of the way full will they slosh around a lot? I would fill one side all the way for wakesurfing.
2. It looks like I would need to extend the hoses and wiring, how hard is it to do and where would I get the things that I would need?
3. Would I be better off keeping the hard tanks and putting a sac on top of the hard tank for wakesurfing? This however would only add another 266#s on the one side and I don't think that will do much.
4. If I go to sacs, does anyone have a creative way how to put a net or something above the sac so that I can still put bulky items like life jackets above the sacs without having to move them out of the compartments while filling the sacs?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks for the help
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2007, 4:33 AM Reply   
I have an Centurion Avalanche- I removed the hard tanks in the rear and replaced with flyhigh sacs. I just attached the fittings from the tanks directly to the sacs for filling and empty. I had to lengthen the vent hose to connect. We leave life jackets and ropes on top of the sacs all the time. No need to remove for filling. I've never noticed any sloshing when only partially full. Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-20-2007, 3:57 PM Reply   
George,
Thanks for taking the time to respond and post the pictures. I am convinced, and will be removing the hard tanks and installing the 750# sacs. Any advice about the project and where to get the hose extensions for the vent?
Thanks again.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-20-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
I purchased the hose extensions at Boaters World and the connectors at Home Depot, you can buy a 3/4 in hose at Home Depot but it is not as flexible, doesn't really need to be in this case.

The pump and fittings are npt, (national pipe thread) and the fly high sacs are made for a straight thread with a "o"ring, you can see that I put the "o"ring on the pump and fittings and they have never leaked. I put over 200 hours on the boat last summer with that configuration. The ballast system has worked perfectly everytime I hit the fill or empty switch.
Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-20-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
George,
I just removed the hard tanks and will install the sacs tomorrow. I thought that it would be much harder and now that I see the pumps and hoses, I wonder why I ever worried about doing this project - it seems very straight forward. One problem is that I dropped the tank on the black "L" shaped fittings and broke two of them. Do you know if these are common fittings that you can purchase from Home Depot?
Thanks again for the help.
Old     (moradaboardin)      Join Date: May 2005       04-21-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
if you go fly high they have fittings available through the dealer that have the o rings installed and in 3/4" and 1". Ive come to find home depots selection is somewhat limited unless you want to use sprinkler pvc, which should be strong enough but will restrict flow. im not sure where your from but try to find a farm supplier, they should have fittings spec. for water hose. Also i hate to have to say it but west marine carries them if you need a last resort
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-21-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
Austin,

The fittings on the tank are standard pipe thread, I believe they are 3/4" npt. available at any hardware.