Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old    h60swimmer            07-06-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
Here's the deal I am getting out of the service soon and the wife and I are moving back to Cali and hopfully attending UOP for Pharmacy School...We were thinking about getting a house boat on the Delta instead of an apartment but don't know where to put it there....anyone got any info?
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-06-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
Used to live in stockton and my family is still there, i have even had a few friends go throught the pharmacy school at UOP. I'm not sure but i think the best place for accessibility would be to have the boat at ladds, off of March ln. You could also go over by Bobs which is at the end of ben holt but i don't know the name of the marina. Are you looking to buy a houseboat or just rent one? If your looking to buy i believe there is a sommerset houseboat dealer downtown on the water near 5 star marina. Hope this helps
Old    h60swimmer            07-06-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info....I am planning on buying one to live on while going to school...are those places far from Stockton...I have been all over the web trying to find info.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-06-2005, 5:17 PM Reply   
Try this http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/1/79891061.htm
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-06-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
Or this http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/0/78180210.htm
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-06-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
Village West Marina is in Stockton, end of Benjamin Holt off of I-5. Also out off of 8 mile there is Paradise Point,King Island and Herman and Helans. All about 10 to 15 min out of Stockton.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-06-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
ladds is in stockton and is a straight shot from the pharmacy shool which is on brookside road. only 4-5 miles distance. village west is the next closest then paradise and H&H are off of 8 mile rd. which is a bit of a drive but not terrible. i would get on maps.google and look at the satelite veiw if i were you. it will give you a better understanding of the area.
Old    h60swimmer            07-06-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
Thanks guys this is more info than I thought I would get....hopefully it will all work out...I know that the delta is a great place to ride....again thanks
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-06-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
If you were to get a houseboat you would want to moore it at either ladds marina or Village west marina they are both within 5 minutes of the school you would be attending. And are practically in the middle of town. Both marinas are in good areas and fully gated. Also i have no clue what kind of houseboat you are looking for but there is a marina about 10 minutes away on the outskirts of stockton that is selling there houseboats that were previously rentals. If you would like contact info to these marinas email me.
Old     (deltaboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-06-2005, 10:12 PM Reply   
If you can, consider buying a house. Stockton is growing like crazy. Sell it when you are done with school and be able to pay off all your student loans and maybe even have money left over.

Old    h60swimmer            07-07-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
I was thinking about buying a house there and I know how the market is booming I own a house now here in Maryland that I have made alot on...I'm not leaving here for alittle over a year so if the boom in Cali slows I might buy I just don't want to lose my ass when the property goes down.