Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
I rode the tribute and loved how much pop it had for a continuous rocker and the landings were nice. Also, how quick the board was edge to edge and how fun it was to ride.

The murray looks very tempting as well so im wondering has anyone ridden both of these boards and can tell me what differences they felt

Also what size tribute should i get a 137 or 142?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-23-2008, 8:28 PM Reply   
the tribute and murray are two completely different boards. the tribute has a smooth pop off the wake and is extremely fast edge to edge. the murray has a little more of an abrupt, straight upm pop and is very fast edging but a little slower than the tribute. you should give the murray a try if your interested.

as far as size goes it depends on your body size.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-23-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
i see that you are in brentwood. is that norcal or so-cal?
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
nor-cal

sorry i forgot to give my weight height specs

Im 6'1" and weight between 165 and 170.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-23-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
you should probably be on the 142 at that hieght.

who had the tribute that you rode. if you need to get ahold of me and i can get you out on the murray if youd like to try it
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
I tried the tribute during nor-cal mastercrafts demo day.

Jason Callen where are you from? As soon as the wind dies down here and i get a for sure pull i would love to try the murray.
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-23-2008, 8:50 PM Reply   
Jason I would love to ride the murray! Do you work for a shop or is it your personal board, that is if that offer goes out to anyone.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-23-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
im in discovery bay. we have a few demo days coming up but if you have access to a boat we can go out whenever. unfortunately i dont have a boat right now but if you have one or we can arrange something we can go out anytime you like.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
unfortunately i dont have a boat. As soon as i find a solid ride coming up ill def get in contact with you jason.

Also what other demo days are coming up? I know ultimate watersports is having a LF/malibu demo, and norcal hyperlite team is having one june 7th at riverboat.

Im pretty sold on the tribute but just want to try the murray and maybe the lyman and transcend before i buy the tribute.

Nothing worse than being stoked on buying a board then trying a new one a week later and wishing you would of bought that one.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-23-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
yea i hear ya on that one. the simple resolution is dont try any more boards. hahaha.

keep an eye on www.norcalhyperlite for demos. we will be having them periodically throughout the year. if you have the chance give the other boards your looking at a try and see what you like. you cna always email me to see what i have going on and if i can get you out there. there might be a chance that i can get you out mid-may if you like. send me an email so we can keep in touch..... callenj@hotmail.com
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
i heard a lot of the norcal hyperlite guys are riding the tribute now. Dont know if its true but thats what I heard.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-24-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
does anyone know how the LF lyman or cwb transcend is vs the tribute?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-24-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
yea a lot of the team is riding the tribute. i would say at least a third of the team is on it. maybe close to half.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-24-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
I haven't rode the Lyman yet.. but the tribute will ride faster and a little more consistant pop than the transcend, but the transcend will have a little more straight up pop.. both will have soft landings
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-26-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
how bout the LF witness? it seems to have a mellow 3 stage that has predictable pop, soft landings, and is decently fast.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-27-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
any input on the witness?