Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-24-2006, 4:07 AM Reply   
Corey Bradley has been riding pretty well (#15 on PWT) and you never see or hear anything about him. PWT on line did a nice write up at Atlanta PWT because he was a hometown boy. Is he sponsored? Has he ever been in a magazine? Video? While Shane may have been a little harsh I have to agree with some of what he said. How come guys like Corey get no coverage.

Is he not part of the "in group"? It seems you have to be either part of a certain FL group or CA group to get any coverage. I have seen more press on kids who happen to have the "right" connections than a lot of these riders who have proven themselves to be worthy.

With that said- what pro riders -women, men and skate, have not gotten press and deserves it?
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-24-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
http://prowakeboardtour.com/rider.jsp?ID=343&sex=M

i don't knnow how updated it is
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-24-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
If they put Corey in the mag and not Shane, Shane will kick and scream and throw his food.
If you were a magazine editor, would you want smashed bananas all over you?
Me niether, so keep putting Shane in there.

Shane's a rollerblader. That's awesome.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-24-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
Status in the PWT should be the basis of whether a shot is worthy of being run in the mags?

It's certainly a valid criteria but shouldn't be the only one.

A great shot is a great shot and should stand based on that alone. I have participated in a number of photo/video shoots and bottom line is these things don't come to you. The "in guys" as you call them take the time and make the effort to be involved. Why do they not deserve to have their photos run?

Plus perfect conditions with great light doesn't automatically mean there will be any shots worthy of publishing.

I don't know Corey but I'm sure if photos were a priority for him he would have made (or could make) it happen. I'd be willing to bet he's more worried about riding well at the next tour stop then when his next shot will run.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-24-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Cory is a very good rider and a super nice guy. If you what to check out his riding he has a nice section in Snafu.
Old     (btr1)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-24-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
As a hometown GA boy Corey also has a section in the Downside Up video.
Old     (lastemperor)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-24-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
sponsorship video? promote yourself? Sean O'brien?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-24-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
Sean O'brien is over rated..
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-24-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
Corey rides for LF and Buywake. I htink he has some other sponsors as well. Great kid. He has really stepped it up since he move to Otown a few years ago.

A lot GA boys are riding well and do not get the pub. Rhett Whatley and Brett Lee ar ein teh top 10 in the Jr Mens.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
Are you joking Paul? I hope so. There are few boarders I'd rather watch.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-24-2006, 4:23 PM Reply   
Rhett and Brett- what other riders are out there that should get some print?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-24-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
definatly over rated.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-24-2006, 5:47 PM Reply   
Sean O'brien overated?!!! Not even! That guys is doing things that NO ONE else is doing, and in my opinion, does get near enough coverage. He is a sick ass rider, deserves more credit than some are willing to give.
Old     (jay_j)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
Good call BBR!!!!!
Old     (tentcitygoon)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-24-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Shaun Obrien is definately not over rated. That guy has skills, nose grabbed osmosis fives, sevens, nines both ways grabbed, handle passed kgb 5; just to name a few.

To get back on topic, it seems to me there are generally three types of riders who get covered:

those who ride the tour and get results here and there, they get mentioned and stuff, but until they really get a big title win they don't get much coverage or return for the amount of time and money they put into the tour

then there are those who only try to shoot photos and film, they know the tour is expensive and would rather just travel and put their money into real riding time, not a down and back pass. They get more magazine coverage cause they have loads of photos, but miss out on big checks from event wins

then there are the super pros who ride the tour, do photo shoots, shoot video, and basically do everything and have everything paid for. they are probably the only athletes who make good money in wakeboarding.