Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
Ok if I were to attempt a backside boardslide my first try, would I completley eat it?
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2009, 8:05 PM Reply   
isn't that the point of boarding anyways? eating it at first and then succeeding ?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-23-2009, 8:11 PM Reply   
keep your weight over the balls of your feet, but the pressure on your heels (unless its a well made rail then you don't have to worry about hangups).... don't lean back, or forward....just straight up and down

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on March 23, 2009)
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2009, 8:17 PM Reply   
Ok thanks. pete I wouldn't want to face plant on a rail though for my first fall hahaha
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
i know lol, I'm scared of rails. im a box guy.
Old     (wswb4lfe)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2009, 9:05 PM Reply   
Ya they seem safer
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-24-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
I recommend riding along side and olleying on the end of the rail a couple times...bonking it, then just get on a little earlier each pass. By the 7th or 8th time you crew (if like mine) will be screaming at you to 'boardslide that whole thing beotch!!!' and you'll do it.
Old     (cglass08)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-24-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
Any suggestions about hitting this "backside"? I can approach it from heel, toe, or straight on. I am real comfortable going over boxes backwards at OWC and McCormicks just never tried it on a rail.Upload
Old    jonklein            03-24-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
Just go for it & get low on the rail..
Old     (cglass08)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-24-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
Get low as in bend at the knees a lot? I have also read keep the handle low, is this right?
Old     (svt600)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-24-2009, 6:28 PM Reply   
i mean just try it! look at it this way you cant bust your balls your on a wakeboard!
Old    jonklein            03-24-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
Yeah both keep the handle close and low/ bend those knees and get low once your sliding look forward & it should be all butter. I think you are talking about a front board?
Old     (cglass08)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-24-2009, 8:05 PM Reply   
I know there's a thread about the whole terminology thing somewhere but ya I would be coming in slightly from my toe side (right foot forward)making it a "front" and to go up it backwards my front foot has to go over the rail first making it a front board? I could cut out then back in to come slightly from my heels and try to go up backwards if that's easier to learn (back lip?). Or should I just ride straight at it, ollie and backside 90? We use the winch to pull and it is pretty much right in line with the rail. Please correct my front/back, board/lip terminology if it's incorrect

(Message edited by cglass08 on March 24, 2009)
Old    jonklein            03-25-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Yeah you did a great job explaining it. Alight back lip alot harder that front boards for sure. With back lip your ollie has to be on point. But i would roll with the winch pulling you straight at the rail if you ollie backside 90 you would be front board. The biggest thing i have learned about hitting rails if you don't feel 100% about it just don't slide it. Take your time & good luck!
Old    gnarshredd            03-25-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
I just learned to back lip an incline rail this past weekend. I found it best to just ride up almost 50-50 and then turn the 90. It's a lot less nerve-racking to learn this way. Once I got the feel after a couple of hits I started to ollie and turn 90 backside and from taht point on I was good to go.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-25-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
"i mean just try it! look at it this way you cant bust your balls your on a wakeboard!"

After year's of slaps, I call shenanigans!