Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-23-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
Well Im sure some people (Wes and Wake) will some how say that this report is fake and un true
pulp fiction and even Blasphemy, Sorry guys.

I like the comments at the bottom of the story.
"WOW---Yahoo article that is anti-Obama. Even rats desert a sinking ship!"
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-inflated...-politics.html
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-23-2012, 3:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lol there are lies, damn lies, and then the kind of trash Grant will believe and spread.
Wes I think you need re format that statment Ill help you.
Lol there are lies, damn lies, and then their is what comes out of Obamas mouth!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-23-2012, 7:38 PM Reply   
One should wonder why should there be more American jobs. We want to buy from low priced foreign labor. What is the point of more jobs? Where is the money supposed to come from for these jobs? If Romney does scale back the govt there will be a corresponding loss of jobs, along with increased welfare and decreased tax revenue. Why should businesses expand and hire when there will be no need? If there is no monetary expansion or borrowing then the trade deficit and govt spending overseas is going to dry up the economy. Riley said it... why do we need to study math? It isn't doing us any good to know how to use math anyway.

Everybody is a freak'n expert on economics and foreign affairs. We all like the expansion of Democracy, but so far the only ramification of dictators falling is an opportunity for extremist groups to gain a foothold now that there is no heavy hand to suppress them. People like problems with simple solutions, so rather than deal with the difficult domestic problems we like to use our massive army to crush puny govt's. So is the plan to just hire everyone to build weapons or put boots on the ground all over the world?

The way I see it Obama did create 5 million new jobs. A speeding train doesn't stop the sec the brakes are applied so it's inevitable that job loss will not stop the minute he takes office. It took a year to stop the decline. I realize that this point is totally lost on Republicans because it requires the concept of derivatives, which you don't get until calculus.

He stopped the speeding train then 5 million jobs were added. Yes that doesn't count the job loss in govt, but govt job losses are a Republican wet dream. Right? If anything govt jobs can't decline fast enough for Republicans. So thanks for posting that article because it really does illustrate how much Obama did to create jobs. Unfortunately it was only in a way that those math savvy Asians could understand.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-24-2012, 2:41 AM Reply   
G, I think your right, Obama should have stated that we were headed for a severe depression when he took office and then emphasized how he turned the economy around(something that Romney couldn't do)then, since 2010, he has added 5million jobs with alot of those jobs being from the auto industry(which Romney would have let go bankrupt!)
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-24-2012, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
G, I think your right, Obama should have stated that we were headed for a severe depression when he took office and then emphasized how he turned the economy around(something that Romney couldn't do)then, since 2010, he has added 5million jobs with alot of those jobs being from the auto industry(which Romney would have let go bankrupt!)
John makes me think. However, you Joe are no better than the most blinded Republican because you are a blinded democrat and hear what you want to hear, see what you want to see and only regurgitate the rhetoric.

As for me. I could very well be a blinded Republican, seeing and hearing only what I want to hear. However, if so, I am blinded and deafened by the lies and trickery that Obama has been using since before he was elected. I put great emphasis on one's character and it seems that Obama has very little of it. What he does have is an agenda. (Of course, that could very well lead back to the blinded Republican part.)
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-24-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics report dated 10/5/12, 5.3MM have left the labor force(ie not included in the unemployment numbers and 8.613MM People are "working part time for economic reasons." Add those numbers back and the real rate jumps to over 14%.

"Unbelievable jobs numbers... these Chicago guys will do anything... can't debate so change numbers."

Jack Welch, Fmr CEO GE. 10/5/12
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-24-2012, 7:56 AM Reply   
Further, 5MM new jobs isn't enough to start bring unemployment number down. That averages 83.3K per month growth, when well over 100K per month growth is what is needed.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-24-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
We were not headed for a severe depression? You must have your teabagging goggles on! Obama didn't save the auto industry? Romney would have saved the auto industry? WRONG! You know how I know Dick Romney is lying? His lips are moving! Does voting more often republican than democrat make me a blinded democrat? Ok, I do not like Dick Romney and he would make a terrible president! Being from Ohio makes my vote count! Your vote doesn't count(just stay home cause it doesn't matter) Also, I like the way Biden ripped into Ryan(Hope I can make it to one of his victory rallies)
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-24-2012, 1:26 PM Reply   
lol.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-24-2012, 7:25 PM Reply   
Joe, you're not only blind but also on the pipe. Just say no joe.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-25-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
yah, Dirtdad, there was no recession and, hell, Romney would have been the savior for the car guys, nothing dumber than a poor republican!
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-25-2012, 7:52 PM Reply   
IMHO, going through bankruptcy should make a company leaner and meaner. Ever see where any of that bailout money went? Now, the Gov. is suing B of A after they were bailed out. ""The government pumped $US183 billion ($A178.09 billion) into the two companies to keep them afloat, and estimates are that it will not recover much of the money."" http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/bus...tgage-dumping/ Sheer genius.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-26-2012, 4:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker1234 View Post
IMHO, going through bankruptcy should make a company leaner and meaner. Ever see where any of that bailout money went? Now, the Gov. is suing B of A after they were bailed out. ""The government pumped $US183 billion ($A178.09 billion) into the two companies to keep them afloat, and estimates are that it will not recover much of the money."" http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/bus...tgage-dumping/ Sheer genius.
That's government ingenuity at it's best.The government could buy Apple and turn it in the red in one year.
Old    deltahoosier            10-25-2012, 9:13 PM Reply   
There is that line again about being stupid for being a poor Republican. Contrast that to the poor democrat stance of "don't ask what I can do for my country but what can my country do for me". Or the rich democrats, spread the wealth (to anyone but America).
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-25-2012, 9:57 PM Reply   
I find it ironic that the policies currently in place--the Frank-Dodd Act, the weak dollar, the bailouts to name a few--benefit corporations not the poor or middle class.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-26-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Umm. The Dodd-Frank act isn't benefiting anyone.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-26-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
Ok, poor republican....stupid
poor democrat....OK
rich democrat.....?? president?
I am not trying to offend anyone here with my dumb republican comment, I assume anyone here who is republican is rich.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-26-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
LMAOF, Paul, my bad.
Old    deltahoosier            10-26-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
Actually the truth is that the middle class is firmly Republican now. All the poor fly over country votes Republican. The rich areas vote democrat. I'm am not rich by any stretch and grew up poor as hell and we have always been republican. I don't vote for my best interest. I vote for the good of people.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-27-2012, 7:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Actually the truth is that the middle class is firmly Republican now. All the poor fly over country votes Republican. The rich areas vote democrat. I'm am not rich by any stretch and grew up poor as hell and we have always been republican. I don't vote for my best interest. I vote for the good of people.
I can't believe you can say that without lightning striking you down.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
I can't believe you can say that without lightning striking you down.
He's Republican.Were lightning proof!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-26-2012, 9:01 PM Reply   
"I don't vote for my best interest. I vote for the good of people."

Hmm same here. Not sure how that works
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-27-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
I guess so, look at Aiken and Mourdock.