Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    whitechocolate            03-24-2003, 7:49 AM Reply   
Are there thing's that you don't like people to bring aboard, The things that no mater how hard you try they seem to mess up your boat.

Chocolate Chip Cookies. (The Chocolate chip's get into the carpet and won't come out)
Cheeze flavored/colord crackers and chip's (crums fall between the seet's and stain the Vynl)
Fat Girl's (No explaniton needed)
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-24-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
hmm. on my boat...no drugs, and no dogs. you can bring country music on board but it won't get played.
Old    swass            03-24-2003, 8:02 AM Reply   
No drugs?!? Do I have to take my Advil before I get aboard?

Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-24-2003, 8:05 AM Reply   
let me rephrase that. no illegal drugs. this also includes prescription drugs that you don't have a prescription for.
Old    leggester            03-24-2003, 8:13 AM Reply   
Nice profile Swass! GO KOREA - whatever the sport ;)

I don't like anything in shells, peanuts, pistachios... ... Also, no cheetos. Chips are OK, but let a five year old go with cheetos and orange hands and it's a recipe for disaster.

Also, I prefer drinks not to be in glass bottles. Cans only please. I hate beaches where you have to worry about broken glass.

Other than that - almost anything else goes. If you get too out of it, we'll sit you down for awhile until you're better.
Old    swass            03-24-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
I believe she is of the Southern variety. (World Cup soccer.) All I know for sure is: She's super-duper fine!

No problem, Tim...I'll be sure to shoot my H before I get in.

(Message edited by swass on March 24, 2003)
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-24-2003, 8:35 AM Reply   
No Sunflower seeds, no bottles, no complainers!
Old    sandman            03-24-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
My only requirement is no shoes.
Old    leggester            03-24-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   
Up tight people are not welcome.
Old     (whazzup)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-24-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
Hey Swass, that profile is too funny. Did you know that she became a celebrity just because of that photo? She went on a talk show in Korea and talked about her breasts too.
Old     (wakinwestcoast)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-24-2003, 9:40 AM Reply   
no smokin
no chips
no country music
Old    swass            03-24-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
Gid, are you kidding?!? Well, are they real?!?!? Is she single? Does she travel? Does she like balding, overweight, middle-aged white guys?

Self-righteous, sanctimonious, egotistical jackasses are not allowed on my boat. I can think of several who need not apply. You know who you are.

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2003, 10:00 AM Reply   
So who drives your boat, Swass?

J/k

B-
Old    swass            03-24-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
I am the exception to my policy. (It's good to be captain.)
Old     (whazzup)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-24-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
Swass, unfortunately they are fake but nobody seems to care anyways. I think there was a pic floating around of her without the red T-shirt. I will try to find it for you. I did hear that she loves middle age Americans with nicknames.
Old    leggester            03-24-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
OK, I can take a hint and stick to my own boat!

What's her name? She'd be very welcome on my boat, it'd be fun overcoming the language barrier ;)
Old    swass            03-24-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
I had a feeling they were too good to be true.

That won't be a problem, Matt - I can leer in any language.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
No knives, guns, bombs, WMD's or fishing poles.

everything else is pretty much o.k.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2003, 11:54 AM Reply   
NO CHEETOS!!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2003, 12:58 PM Reply   
Thought we lost the Colorado contingent. Did the storm keep you away from the workplace, knock down phone lines....???

I don't think I have ever told someone they can't bring something on my boat. Though I have ask people to remove items from time to time. Usually that is met with a smile and a slap from my GF. Always worth a try though.....

E.J.

Old    leggester            03-24-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
Yeah, the snow plow didn't get to the house until about noon on Friday. I was digging Wednesday, Thursday and Friday while the wife unit dialed into work. Snowed in from Monday night until Friday. One little excursion with my neighbor's lifted 3/4 ton. He and I and a couple shovels managed to make a run into SafeWay Thursday afternoon. Only had to dig out the high center five times ;)

I can imagine what you requested be removed - Kathy used to remove on a regular basis - those were the days!
Old    oldschool            03-24-2003, 1:38 PM Reply   
No skis, no tubes, and no fishing equipment.
Old    leggester            03-24-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
Well! We won't ride with Craig then ;)

I don't generally allow "attitude" to be brought on board.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2003, 2:36 PM Reply   
I guess the amount of discomfort now will be worth it when it drains into your lakes.

E.J.

P.S....Sorry for the hi-jack Grant.
Old    samcdog            03-24-2003, 2:59 PM Reply   
No smoking. I had a nice dime sized hole burnt into one of my seats. I don't even smoke. Luckily it was on my 1985 Bayliner so it wasn't that bad. Now I have upgraded and am not going to allow that to happen again.
Old     (scotthetland)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2003, 4:30 PM Reply   
no sunflower seeds, or any other snacks that make a mess. I also outlaw alcohol on my boat, but that is not because of the mess. I enjoy my beer, but after a good day of riding when I am safe on shore.
Old    hrpremier            03-24-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
no people who dont take drug on board, teheheh
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2003, 4:35 AM Reply   
wow, that really bumped up your coolness rating...
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-25-2003, 6:57 AM Reply   
no food, no smokes, no shoes, no dogs, no tubes, and preferably no children or bottles.
Old    leggester            03-25-2003, 8:30 AM Reply   
Whelp, looks like Shane is out also

I don't allow Greg on board.
Old    bigd            03-25-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
No fancy beer - only the cheap stuff for us lake trash. No wine or booze that cost more than 20 bucks either. No skunk weed or hydro - ragweed only!!
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-25-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
and why am i out???
Old    leggester            03-25-2003, 2:16 PM Reply   
no smokes or tubes. Nothing personal, but I have kids and they like to tube. That's all.

Old    beercity            03-25-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
No smokers or dogs (both female and K-9).
Old    tonym            03-25-2003, 2:31 PM Reply   
Absolutely no fishing rods.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-25-2003, 3:15 PM Reply   
do the kids smoke too?
Old    leggester            03-25-2003, 3:18 PM Reply   
Oops, my bad. Nope, just me. Haven't burned a seat or carpet yet, knock on wood!
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-26-2003, 12:05 AM Reply   
"cheetah skin thong speedos"
waist ring PFD's
orange bicep "floaties"
"snoopy" reel
attitudes
opinions
maxi-pads
adult diapers!
Old    aircanada            03-26-2003, 6:28 AM Reply   
Smokers are allowed, smoking is not!

My Mom and sister recently visited and I took them out on the boat for a couple hours. We are cruising along and I quickly glance back to see my Mom with her hand over the side of the boat, I thought nothing of it thinking she was "playing" with water spray off the side. I look back a second time and see her puffing away at a cigarette. I cut the throttle and turn around to rip into my my Mom about smoking on the boat only to find my sister behind me puffing away too! After extinguishing the cigarettes I had to spend the next 10 minutes debating (arguing) with both of them not smoking on the boat.

I don't allow smoking in my Apartment and send all smokers outside onto the balcony to do their thing. I told my Mom and Sis that the swim platform was sort of like the balcony on the boat and that if they wanted to smoke, they would have to do it from the swim platform! That went over like a lead balloon!

Old    leggester            03-26-2003, 6:38 AM Reply   
Boy, it must suck to be you.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-26-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
Sean, I feel the same way about smoking. If you want to do it go ahead, but it better be on the swim platform. I also have a rule where everyone that wants to smoke on my boat has to chip in on the new vinyl if I ever find a burn hole. It works pretty good because all the smokers watch each other so that they don't have to pay.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-26-2003, 10:52 PM Reply   
Wow!!! Even Swass let me smoke on his boat. I was very careful and made sure to light and smoke the whole think while sitting on the platform, boat still, wind blowing away from the boat. Held the cig arms length away from the boat when not taking a drag. We even ate sunflower seeds and I bought him a bag of cheetos that we consumed but made sure not to get any in the boat. Being careful goes a long way. We rarely let anal retentiveness get in the way of having a good time. I was cutting a bolt off my tower speaker mount and the hot bolt piece fell on the carpet and melted itself into the carpet and floor. That was nice.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-27-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
i try to remind the smokers to watch out for the gas vent on the side, that wouldn't be fun
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-27-2003, 10:34 AM Reply   
oh, things i won't let people take......kids that i have to take care of, as in the parents don't do a good enough job.....oops, not enough kids' jackets!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-27-2003, 10:53 AM Reply   
No Speedos. Happened to us once, now we keep a pair of "emergency" boardshorts on the boat.

Oh yeah, no Al-Quaida either!
Old    matt_dettman            03-28-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
No "Banana Boat" suntan lotion and no whiners.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-28-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
No gum either. I've had some fall out of the trash bag onto the carpet. Not good.

Old     (faceplant409)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-28-2003, 11:31 PM Reply   
No children's colored sunscreens.
Old    river_rider            04-03-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
Man, you guys are harsh on the children. My son is two and loves the boat. Everyday when I get home from work, he makes me go take the cover off so he can run around and play in it. He also makes me take the wakeskate out so he can jump on and off it in the yard. I am stoked my kid loves the boat as much a I do, and even though I usually spend hours cleaning it after a trip with him, nothing he does can't be cleaned or fixed. Older people are the ones getting drunk and throwing beer cans everywhere, smoking and making me sweat a hole, and trying to set my boards (fin side down) on the sacks, not him.
Plus, You have to start somewhere. Kids will focus on riding 100% and make vast improvements in a shorter period if they want to.
Just my opinion,
Brad
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
Just a couple of things I don't allow

First: Water ski's, just not gonna happen on my boat
Second: Fat chicks, now I know they have their benefits, like added ballast, but it just kills my movtivation for ridding well.
Third: tanning oil, kills the vinel
Fourth: Chips, cookies, cheetos
Fifth: People who ride all day then at the end hand over three big smacking dollar bills and go thanks alot! That was awesome. Some people just don't understand what stuff costs. -This is why I always fill my boat at the end, so we can know exactly how much we used and split the costs evenly.
Oh, and did I mention fat chicks?

(Message edited by robandrus on April 03, 2003)
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-03-2003, 12:36 PM Reply   
brad....my comment about kids and i bet other similar comments are directed at the inconsiderate parents of children. being a boat owner, i'm sure your son is well taught but not all are. i have kids on my boat alot, but not if i have to watch them while i drive. you can usually tell before you leave the driveway if a parent is gonna be able to handle their child on the water.

never happened to you? (someone else's kids)
Old    river_rider            04-03-2003, 8:36 PM Reply   
Now that I think about it, Actually that has never happened because i am a hippocrit and the only child that has been on my boat is mine.
Old    fun9c1            04-04-2003, 12:56 AM Reply   
Where can I see that famous pic of the Korean soccer girl? :-)
Old    lukem            04-04-2003, 11:28 AM Reply   
no more than 5 guys, no kneeboarders. no smoking. no country music. no complainers. thats about it, o wait, no shoes
Old    cassidy            04-10-2003, 2:30 PM Reply   
Brad,

My son is 11 and my daughter 9, and the best times they have and we have is on the delta wakeboarding - they love going. As you said, it is one of the (sometimes few) great joys of a parent watching your kids accomplish something like this. My son worked all of 2002 to cross both wakes. He finally did it on the last jump of the last run of the season last year - you should have seen his face. He told me he wants to play hockey and wakeboard for a living!!

As you said, (almost) anything they do can be cleaned. I notice at the beaches we frequent, the parents/adults are far trashier and bigger then the kids.

I look forward to going with the guys/girls. But I have a few kids, and they are great company on the water. My son is old enough to drive this year, look out...................
Old    sprucie            04-14-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
A four year old with a bag of Cheetos..........
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       04-14-2003, 5:44 PM Reply   
no ink pens, had a guy with a couple of them in his backpack - everywhere the bag went so did 2 lines, scribbles or dots...
Old    shifty_prick            04-15-2003, 1:04 AM Reply   
No pens, no smoking inside the boat (I hear gas tanks don't like it along with vinyl) no shoes, muddy feet, no cd's and plenty of alcohol.

I have faith the people i ride with are carefull enough to respecata the new 2003 response.
Old    daveyboy            04-15-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
No country music? I thought you were the guys riding the nascar boards! hhaha
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-16-2003, 5:17 PM Reply   
If you have money or beer(preferably both), hop on board!!!
Old    bbb            04-16-2003, 5:25 PM Reply   
no bad attitudes, no fighting, no kids with open drinks, no colored juices or koolaide. have 2 great kids. have many friends who are exactly as described above as well. just love following their kids around with a towel.
Old    natedogg            04-16-2003, 9:26 PM Reply   
NO SHORTS WITH RED FLAMES ON THEM! BUDDY GOT A NEW FANCY PAIR OF SHORTS WITH FLAMES ON THEM JUMPES IN THE WATER THEN SAT ON THE SEATS, LETS JUST SAY A LITTLE SCRUBBIN WAS IN NEED
Old    fun9c1            04-16-2003, 10:51 PM Reply   
Some kids are cool and some aren't. I've had kids on my boat (about 10 yrs old or so) that were very respectful and didn't mess with anything. Then there was one kid another time that wouldn't stop f'ing with stuff, one thing right after the other. Twirling my watch around over the water, untieing knots, I looked back once to see he had taken off the shaft seal access cover and had his hands in there (motor was off unfortunately). Needless to say he will never be on my boat again. Food is OK, but not with kids!
Old    sprucie            04-17-2003, 9:53 PM Reply   
Thought of another one, A Tige' owner. JUST KIDDING!

Thought I would stir you guys up a little
Old    fun9c1            04-17-2003, 10:44 PM Reply   
I just thought of two biggies- drugs and dogs. I love dogs and I have one, but I don't want my boat to smell like a wet dog and I have to do too many powerslides to risk hurting a dog. If you're smoking you better have your stinky-ass cig over the side of the boat, and if we're on a small quiet lake in earshot of shore, no profane language. OK so that's four, not two- I thought of two more while writing the first two!
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-18-2003, 12:00 AM Reply   
Watch it Sprucie.......
Old    sprucie            04-18-2003, 9:47 PM Reply   
Easy Ryan. I thought all pilots were laid back. It's not like I gave you a ground stop on your last leg of the day or something. Anyway that racing in the white water looks intense. Makes 1800 RVR and 100 over look like a cake walk.