Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            01-24-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
Hey folks, I have finally received some interest from sanctioning bodies to add Wakesurfing as a discipline. NOW, I could REALLY use some help in organizing local grassroots wakesurfing contests, OR adding wakesurfing to an existing local grassroots contest.

I'd be very interested in seeing a contest or two in the midwest, although I'll take any help I can get at this point. :-)

Please send me an email at: jwalker@jwcpa.com or post here if you can be bribed or know of anyone that can be. :-)

Thanks a bunch.

Jeff
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-25-2006, 3:56 AM Reply   
Jeff, count me in to help organize contests in the Central Florida area.

Ed Geary
Clermont, Fl

(2003 World Waterskiing Championships were held in Clermont)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-16-2006, 9:50 AM Reply   
I've been working under the radar with Jeff and a few others to establish a combined wakesuf and wakeboarding competition in Columbus, Ohio. There are just a few more thing that I need to work out before formally releasing event information but I thought that I’d share some basic event information now.

The 2006 Scioto Wakefest will be a two day event, held on August 5th and 6th at Griggs Reservoir on the Scioto River in Columbus Ohio. On the first day we will feature a wakesurfing contest, wakeboarding clinics, board demos, and other equipment demonstrations. On the second day we will swap the surfing and wakeboard competitions-clinics, while continuing to hold equipment demos.

I’ve set up a yahoo email address for this event at SciotoWakeFest@yahoo.com.

I’ll have more information out in the next few weeks.
Old    surfdad            04-16-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
Ed is being far too modest. Think tireless and without distraction! :-) Ed worked through several potential "deal breakers", involved local community leaders and insured the vent took place. His presentations to various oversight and cooperative agencies were nothing short of stellar! Truly professional. The Scioto Wake Fest will rock!

Ed, as I've said many times before, thank you for ALL of your hard work, ddication and professionalism in getting this event to happen.
Old    surfdad            04-17-2006, 5:53 AM Reply   
Hey folks, if you could demo any board(s) currently available which ones would you like to sample?
Old     (dgoose)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-17-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
phase 5.
If you get one in the Sac Ca area let me know, I could help.
Old    surfdad            04-17-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
Icon, Prop or Oogle? What is the most common size folks want to test? I'm almost 100% certain that I'll have offerings from Calibrated and Walzer also. A wide variety of skimstyle boards.

Greg, I am working hard to get a similar event going here locally, but so far nothing has panned out. I could REALLY use some help if you're serious...I'll BUY you a phase 5 if you'll help me get it organized. :-)
Old    hitmakerbrad            04-17-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
jeff, there is a 2 day wakeboard comp here in nashville with NO wakesurf demos, comps, or anything...want to get it rolling?
Old    surfdad            04-18-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
Brad, I'd love to see if we can get something going. We will be in AL and KY doing clinic's maybe the timing would work out. I'll shoot you an email and thanks for asking.
Old     (dgoose)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-19-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
Jeff I'm shooting you an E mail in the Am but I could help out and as for the phase 5 well talk. I think we could get a large group for this. I have set up a lot of things and think this could turn out to be one of the biggest.