Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
I bought some used bindings off of Ebay for my wife's wakeboard - in the listing they only used one picture and said they were in good shape. They showed up yesterday - and they left a little to be desired. I think I got hosed, but they won't return them - and said they'll leave me negative feedback if I leave it for them. Bad business to say the least - so I'm going to try and make these work. is there anything that will glue that tip on the toe back together that will hold in the water? The biggest thing is that yellow frickin glue everywhere - anything I can do to get that crap off there without discoloring or making it look worse than it does? any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-26-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
leave negative feedback if you feel it's appropriate. Don't worry about what the "seller" says he'll do. if necc. report him to ebay. This is what the feedback is for.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-26-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
If you paid with your credit card via PayPal.. Just call your creditcard company and have them pull the funds. Paypal pulls the funds directly from the seller, not from you. Then leave the ball in his court to get his bindings back.
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-26-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Craig is right. Paypal will stand behind the buyer 95% of the time if there was not actual description. Don't worry about feedback, you can always retort it.
Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
so should i call paypal or my credit card? i'd like to keep the 100% positive i have goin on... but i'd like my money back too i guess.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-26-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
It's not going to effect your feedback as much as you think. I have a negative from a very similar situation and I followed it up and it's never gave me any problems. Go the paypal route for sure.
Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
cool...thanks. so as long as i'm stuck with these hideous things - anything i can do to clean them up??
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-26-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Don't worry about your feedback as a buyer unless it gets below 90% or so. Negative feedback as a seller, especially if it's a misrepresentation of condition or something similar, is much more damaging. You can also threaten to contact others who are bidding on their other items and share your experience.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-26-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
I wouldnt really mess with them if you plan on trying to give them back, just time wasted and the seller gets a nicer set of bindings. You could always dispute on your CC and get the funds back that way.

I think this is a good lesson to learn for most people who buy used products: PROTECT YOURSELF BY PAYING WITH CREDIT CARDS!

Good luck, I hope things work themselves out.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-26-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
Report it to Ebay. A fella here at work got hosed on some electronics and the seller wasn't going refund any money. Ebay stepped in and took care of it. If it were me I would leave negative feedback for the seller. If they feel the need to give you negative feedback, then let them be pricks. To me negative feedback left from a seller doesn't bother me as much as it one from a buyer.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-26-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
But, I do agree with liquidmx. I wouldn't leave the negative feedback until you know for sure you are stuck with them.
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-26-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
Hey man,
If they fit wear them, leave negative feedback, and keep your eyes open for some more.

Lifes to short, to worry about the little stuff.

My .02
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-26-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
Ryan,
It is your responsibility to leave the appropriate feedback for the buyer/seller. This will protect others in the future. Definately report it to E-Bay and save the E-mails from the seller. Good Luck.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-26-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
Definitely keep us updated on what happens. People that are dishonest on Ebay should be beaten especially Bunk Sellers.
Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-26-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
i will keep you all posted...beings i'm stuck with them - i'm gonna try to clean them up and make them look a little nicer. they match...and they fit her - and they'll be fine for the riding she does...it's just the principle of the deal. that's a business he's trying to run - and he was about as dishonest as he could be - and it was my money. that's what i get for trying to save a few bucks i guess. thanks for the input. I have paypal's number and will call in the morning when i get a free minute. thanks again.
Old    acutekitten            04-26-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
You can leave feedback up to 90 days so come day 90 about 10 minutes before its up drop a neg comment. then you get away scott free.
Old    why_i_work            04-27-2006, 10:39 PM Reply   
Ryan,
If you contact paypal and ask them about opening up a dispute claim. They will contact the seller for you if the seller does not respond paypal or I should say Ebay has a buyer protection plan and will give you I think it is up to $150 of your money back and they will deduct it from their account. Also if they leave negative feedback on you, you can add a follow up line under their response. Any one checking your feedback that knows how feedback works can read between the lines. Good luck