Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-10-2004, 6:25 AM Reply   
i got the rainbow, do you guys like it? had any probs w/ it. im in class so i g2g
Old     (derrick_lenz)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-10-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
do yourself a favor and return it before you use it. those things suck ass. the piping doesn't stay alined, it's an EXTREMLY slow slide, hard as hell to anchor and keep straight, and it's really unstable. it's basically guaranteed that the piping will rip from float. they're ok to learn on but why waste so much money when you can build a safe floating slider with padded sides for 1/4 of the cost.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-10-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
I have a Rave slider and like it.

I generally anchor it in about 20 feet of water and don't have a problem with it. The only issue, which would be the case with any floating slider, is that I boat in tidal waters and the anchor ropes get a little slack when the tide drops. If the water is really choppy it bounces around a lot and is hard to use, but then I basically don't like riding in that kind of chop anyway.

What I like about the inflatable slider is that it does give a little when you hit it wrong. I would much rather bounce off an inflatable tube than a 4x4.

If you have the luxury of installing a permanent structure or even a floating structure that you could leave in place then I am sure you could do better then a Rave. For those of us who have to take it with us when we leave for the day the Rave is great.

If you want to see a video of mine in action you can check out my website:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/rmcinnis/wake_pics.htm

That video was first ever attempt. I suck, so if I can manage a full length slide it can't be too hard! My son can do all sorts of tricks off it.

Rod
Old    beerdrnknboardr            05-10-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
sure you can build better ones, but the raves are good for what they are. They are easy to move around. You dont have to worry about them gettin messed with cuz its no problem to take them in when you are done. And they are nice to take on week long trips, really nice on houseboat trips. And wear a helmet and use a jet ski
Old     (wannagowakin)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-10-2004, 5:56 PM Reply   
well i hope its nice, i thought it would be fast though cuz its PVC, i have a Seadoo wakeboard edition so that will be nice to hit it with, our water is glass all the time, and im going to anchor it in about 3 feet of water so im not worried about that, also, any tips on hitting it