Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-28-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
ok got a brand new warranty replacement board and noone told me id need new M6 hardware for it., found out after i went top put bindings on it!!.

i ride HL Systems so will just some simple ss 6mm bolts work? anything in particular I should look for like legnth and thread type ie coarse/fine and head type like counter sink phillips any washers needed???

or is it not worth the hassle finding these and just get some from a pro shop?

TIA
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-28-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   
If you have a local shop they will most likely just give them to you.
Old     (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-28-2012, 5:48 PM Reply   
I found some at Lowes that worked, but it was a pain - I would start at your local shop first.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-28-2012, 6:00 PM Reply   
if you go to the right place itll be pretty easy to find the right stuff. you could get one of those cool pitch gauges!!! but anyways, depending on where you are located, a Fastenal or a Copperstate nut and bolt will definitely have what you need. get something 316 or 318 stainless
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-28-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
The Home Depot here had a better selection than Lowes, where I went first. Got SS M6 for my CTRlL RX board.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-01-2012, 7:07 PM Reply   
I would just call hyperlite and they will probably just send you what you need free of charge. I am not certain of this, but they have always been good to me on warranty items, and I really don't know what they don't send them with the new boards. I was just at my local shop this week and the guy there was telling me that they switched this year on the boards. He said that they send regular and metric bolts with the new 2013 bindings, but they don't send the bolts with the new boards and that really doesn't make sense to me. Give them a call if you have a few days to wait on them .
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-05-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
i was able to get some ss m6 bolts with phillip head at an Ace Hardware store , however i brought the old bolts to make sure length would be equal. $1.18 EACH

they screwed in board fine but were two threads from tight, so if you go get some make sure they are a little shorter then original.. I was too lazy to go return them so i hack sawed 2-3 thread legnth off and they fit great along with some blue locktight, i should be safe, i hope :P

I however did manage to drop or lose one of my system binding washer, you know the black thing with teeth for one of my boards and cant find it anywhere! it might be hard to get just one of those! anybody know if they sell just one?
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-11-2012, 7:34 AM Reply   
My '13 Hyperlite Murray just came in and I'm in the same boat... The hardware didn't come with the board and my existing hardware obviously won't work since they changed to the m6 inserts for the '13 models. Pretty disappointed after all of the gear I've purchase from Hyperlite that they can't even send a basic hardware kit with their new boards after a design change. This is customer service/common sense 101 stuff here.. I plan on using my Team boots from this past season so going to put in a call to Hyperlite and see what they will do.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-11-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
Ur telling me they didnt include it with the board? When another big board company was making the initial switch to M6, they included the hardware.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-11-2012, 8:06 AM Reply   
Yea they didn't include it. They want to make sure you use archer brand boots with your archer brand board...
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-11-2012, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Ur telling me they didnt include it with the board? When another big board company was making the initial switch to M6, they included the hardware.
Nope. Board only in the box. Pretty lame...
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-11-2012, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Yea they didn't include it. They want to make sure you use archer brand boots with your archer brand board...
Dont let this thread get into that bull^*%# again.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-11-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
I'm sorry I know it's sad, but true. They're trying to force natural selection on the other brands with frivolous evolutions
Old     (azerik)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-11-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
Yo!
This is Erik from Hyperlite.. Give me a call here at the factory and I'll send you some M6 screws no charge. 800-938-4646, you can ask for me or if I'm not available just give your info to whoever picks up and I'll get them in the mail today.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-11-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
^^^this is just awesome!
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-11-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
Hyperlite continues to impress me with their Customer Service everyday. Great job Erik!!!
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-11-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by azerik View Post
Yo!
This is Erik from Hyperlite.. Give me a call here at the factory and I'll send you some M6 screws no charge. 800-938-4646, you can ask for me or if I'm not available just give your info to whoever picks up and I'll get them in the mail today.
Thanks Erik. Jesse reached out to me earlier and was a great help. I appreciate your quick attention to this. Great customer service!

Thanks again.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-12-2013, 3:27 PM Reply   
yea they sent me 4 free screws and the claws without question not long after my OP.. very cool!