Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-16-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Hi guys, I ride at a fairly small lake where one side of it has a solid concrete wall. This means that the boat wake/wash bounces straight off it and chops up the lake big time over the preiod of a set. I'm looking for any suggestions that can be used to help get rid of the back wash it causes. By this I mean anything that will disipate or get rid of the wash so it doesn't bounce back. I know the bank can be graded to 1 in 8 with concrete and all that but this is not an option due to cost - plse do not suggest the owner of the lake pays for it, he won't. But i have heard of people using tyres to sort this type of situation - how? Is there anything else we can try? Thanks in advance Matt.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-16-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
Get some floating logs and bind (with cables) them together some distance from the wall (i.e. 20 ft). It has the same effect of the lane-dividers in Olympic Swimming pools.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-16-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
how bout something like an orange snow fence?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-16-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Can you plant reeds? 3-4 feet of reeds before the concrete would knock the rollers down completely. The floating logs will help but definitely do not eliminate the rollers completely.
Old     (the_pimp)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-17-2008, 1:59 AM Reply   
Have thought about reeds and it is a great suggestion, only think i wonder about is the amount of sopil we'd have to get in as it is a concrete wall with nothing for reeds to really bind to ... floating logs sounds interesting, are you thinking they are bound together end to end or side by side? cheers
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       10-17-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
You should try the tire idea. They do that at OWC and it seams to work great. You can probably get some from like an auto shop or a dump or something.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-17-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
You're in England right? With he cost of dumping used tyres (sic) they would practically pay you to take them away. I have seen big tractor tires used mostly for this application.