Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2005, 1:46 PM Reply   
i wanna learn to jump toeside. whenever i do tho, i either fall forward or spin... what am i doing wrong?
Old                07-21-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
you have to keep the handle close to your front hip.

do a search for ts w2w in this forum... im sure you will find a million posts with a million tips.
Old    alanp            07-21-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
keep the handle close to the hip
stand tall!!!!!! most beginners bend at the waist or knees. you must stand tall.
Old                07-22-2005, 6:24 AM Reply   
When I was first learning them, I found that letting go with your rear hand (right - regular, left - goofy)at the peek/height of your jump, helps with not spinning.
Also pull the handle into your leading hip (left - regular, right - goofy)

But after a while, embrace the natural spin that happens when jumping ts. I actually found w2w, ts, fs 180's easier then regular ts w2w jumps.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2005, 10:55 PM Reply   
anyone have ideas that can help me hold on to the handle. When I was first learning w2w HS I was afraid so someone told me to let go of the rope if I get scared. I did and now, months later, I am clearing the wake everytime but can't get out of the habit of letting go of the handle. Can anhyone help?
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2005, 11:04 PM Reply   
just dont let go. i know this may seem hard but i had the same problem. just dotn let it go. now that i dont do that anymore, its easy. i once fell and rode on my back for about five seconds but i came out of it just fine. just dont think about it, and im sure it will turn out just fine