Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (mattkelley02gt)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-05-2007, 5:48 PM Reply   
I just bought 2 440# fat sacs for each side of my engine and a 1000gph pump for my 2000 moomba outback. When i got the pump, i saw it is supposed to be connected into a 12v power outlet, like a cigarette lighter, but i don't have one on my boat. How should i fix this problem? Should i get an outlet and have it wired to my batteries or what should i do?
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       07-05-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
i know that radio shack sells 12 v power outlet assemblies made for vehicles. i don't see what difference it is with a boat. i don't think you need to be an electrician to hook it up either
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Very simple procedure to wire a cirgarette lighter to a boat engine. Just purchase a kit, drill the hole where you want to install it, wire it to the battery, and you are set. Just make sure you pick a location for the lighter that allows you to fill both pumps easily and without having to move a ton of people or sacs.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-06-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
or cut the plug off the pump, put some good alligator clips in place of the plug, and clip directly to battery
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-06-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
I'd put in the 12V outlet, it comes in handy for other things as well.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-06-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Look at the 10th item. For $7, its a simple fix.

http://kooleraire.com/Accessories.htm

"RoadPro 12 Volt alligator clips directly to vehicle battery in order to operate RoadPro or other 12 volt
products. 12 Volt alligator clips with cigarette socket, made to last for years of reliable service.
"
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-06-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
I just bought a 12V outlet from a local boat dealer for $8.99 that has a nice water proof cover and everything, now I just need to run wires to it and install it in one of the lockers. It should be very easy.