Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2003, 6:50 AM Reply   
Yeah, wakeskate talk. Here's some babble to chew on...
I've only tried a few shuv its and everytime I kick it the board flips upside down, in the right spot just upside down.
Is it mandatory to do shuv its finless?
Until now I've been happy doing wake to wakes HS and TS, 180's and grabs using fins, but now I'm ready to try some more technical crap. Especially since my bro (literally) is throwing shuv its left and right. Homeboy hit 3 in one pass the other day - he says you gotta take em' off.....

Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       05-22-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
No fins, and no more buoys on Ivanhoe

SEAMAN
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
Wow, you must think you're perty smart there Seaman. What stick, what handle, what boardshorts, what vest and what time of day?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-22-2003, 1:56 PM Reply   
we all use fins shile skating, and i have a couple friends that do shuv-its. I say use fins and show your brother up.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
I'll try to get some vids posted so you can see that kid ride the skate. Actually, he may be out with us on Sunday. He totally abandoned the wakeboard after recon on his ACL and has the skate dialed in.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-23-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
You can do them with fins. If the board is fliping you are probably not waiting for the pop before you try the shuvit. Everytime I have gone too early it's ended up in disaster.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-23-2003, 9:12 AM Reply   
That might be it. I usually try them off the backside of the wake going outside to help get the pop.
The couple that I have tried the board flipped upside down probably cause the back end was still in the wake and the fin caught. I only tried a couple cause I smacked the beans on the water when I came down and missed the board! Seriously, I wonder if Grubb and Byerly wear cups.
Thanks Blabel.
Old    thinair            05-23-2003, 2:05 PM Reply   
Another thing you might try is doing them out in the flats off you're front side wake. I learned them out there first, it seemed easier to get a good ollie while waiting for the slack to get pulled out of the rope. You may want to try f-side lipslide f-side shuvit outs too. It only ends up being a 90 degree shuvit with the rest body varial. You're fin is also already released, I learned these before pop shuvs. Don't take you're fins off unless you are going to ride wake2wake without it.

(Message edited by thinair on May 23, 2003)
Old     (sb1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-28-2003, 3:42 PM Reply   
either way is fine...little easier w/o fins Id say