Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (steve300ex)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-27-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
i have a lh prop 525 on a avalanche. i was gonna get a 653 for a better holeshot. acme told me i would be better with a 911 it has a better holeshot than the 653. anybody have experience with them.there all 3 blade.
Old     (lanzo)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-27-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
We have a 525 on our Malibu Sunsetter D-Drive. It is great for boarding/surfing with weight. Hole shot is good, but we lost some top end.

How much ballast are you running?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-28-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
I have the 911... it is amazing for holeshot and holding speed... only for wakeboarding and lots of weight....

If you want to cruise or ski at all... you wont be using this prop....
Old     (steve300ex)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-29-2007, 4:10 AM Reply   
hehateme, why is that? do u lose that much top end with that prop. or does it burn more fuel. i mainly wakeboard but we have to drive 10 minutes up river. so we drive around 30 mph up there, but i never go over that.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-29-2007, 7:59 AM Reply   
Steve you should be good with the 911 then. The Centurions have a 1.1 gear ratio if they have the Merc Tow Sports in it and Acme recommends the 3 blade for these boats. I have run 4 blades on them and they just seem to perform a little better with the 3 blade. You get pretty much the same surface area as the 4-blade anyways. The 653 was a great upgrade from the factory prop for boarding and doing everyting else. The 911 will get you out of the hole even better than the 653. I think HEHATESME meant you wont be able to ski because I think your top end will be about 38+-mph on the Avy, You aren't gonna loose that much, but what happens is your turning such a high rpm that the limiter will kick in and you will also burn fuel like crazy. If you are running a sacked out Avy and are primarily boarding all the time I say go 911. If you are running factory ballast only, and cruising, tubing, skiing, then I would lean more towards the 653

(Message edited by xstarrider on October 29, 2007)