Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-02-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
My wife's car had a check engine light come on 2 weeks ago. The code initially came up either low coolant or bad coolant temp, sensor. The coolant level was fine and I changed the temp. sensor. After resetting the computer it now throws a code "poor cooling performance"???

10k ago I had the timing belt, tensioner, t-stat etc done. Also flushed the cooling system. Does anybody have any insight? I don't want to take it in and have the shop hunt and peck at $60 hr trying to find the issue. Could it be from the recent service? The car runs fine other than the idiot light.

Thanks for any help.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-02-2013, 8:47 AM Reply   
MAF sensor on VW known for causing all kinds of codes.
Old    bigdtx            01-02-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
If it's the MAF sensor you can try cleaning it before replacing it...

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05110-Mass.../dp/B000J19XSA

Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-02-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
Thanks, I'll check that tonight.