Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-29-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
I got x rayed last night and found that I broke my tail bone in April when I slipped on an iced over dock. I have been suffering with it since because I kinda knew it was so. They told me no more motocross or boarding or anything active for two months and gave me the doughnut pillow to sit on.

They also signed me up for P.T. which is my real question? I am some what worried they are gonna have someone try to rub my butt. Not really sure whats involved but to tell the truth really don't want to go because I am worried about whats en-tailed?
I did a 62 mile quad ride a few weeks back which about killed me and prompted me to go check it out.

Anybody who can shed some light on whats involved on the road to recovery would help dramatically. I know they said if P.T. doesn't help the next step is a cortizone shot in the a$$ and if that doesn't do the trick I have to get lined up with a spinal surgeon and they have to remove the coccyx (sounds scary).

Help signed the soon to be sagging a$$ man
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-29-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
jees, u must have really screwed up your a$$! i broke my tailbone fighting with my dad. i didnt do any activity for six weeks and then it was fine. i was back riding my dirt bike in two moinths. its sore every now and then when i get hit in the butt and its been about a year. but im fine for the most part.

and just incase you were wondering, i won the fight
Old     (iluvrussell)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-29-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
good luck, i hope you get to keep your coccyx bro
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-29-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
Thanks man
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-29-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
They're going to use the Ultra Sonic Anal Probe on you.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-29-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
hope you don't need surgery. if you do, you'll be in the ass cast. NO FUN. it has one of those crotch straps that are popular on child PFDs. you have to wear it tight, cuz it presses against your tailbone so that it heals properly. like i said, hope you don't need surg
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-29-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
J-rod are you speaking from experience? I have one tattoo that says exit only guess where it is?

I guess I opened a can of worms not sure what to believe but I plan on walking in with my hands covering my front and back.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-29-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
I broke mine snowboarding about 10 years ago. The killer was that I broke it on the first day of a 5 day trip. Every fall I took the rest of that trip was pretty rough. There wasn't any PT involved for me. Just excruciating pain for about 4 weeks everytime I sat on an uncushioned chair.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-29-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
Richard i understand completely, If I sit on anything it kills me the doc said its one of the worst breaks he has seen. It broke in two places and healed that way, so not sure why the pain won't go away as I did this in March and it still hurts like a motha.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-29-2007, 2:59 PM Reply   
ahh...I was just playin

One time I did this wheelie on my mountain bike. I over did the wheelie and looped. No big deal right? Except I had those Richie Clipless pedals, so I remained clipped in.

I hit my tailbone on the black top so hard that I nearly cried. Don't think mine was broken, but I feel for you. A jacked up tailbone is no laughing matter. Mine hurt for months.
Old    mendo247            11-29-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
I have 2 close friends who have been through this. The first (female) broke hers about 9 years ago and still has pain, somehow affected her lower back to the point where she has days where she can hardly walk. The second a buddy who broke his three seasons ago snowboarding, was just mentioning that hes finally to the point where he can go out and wakeboard or workout and not think about it. From what ive heard and seen you may have a long road to full recovery. Good luck and keep us posted!