Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-31-2005, 6:37 AM Reply   
Hey all,

Just need some help. I am planning to attend the www.wakeboardcamp.com.

I was hoping someone had been there already and can offer an opinion.

Hope you can help

Old     (dwspring)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-31-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
I haven't been there, yet. I'm going this summer - planning about the first week of June, but not definite.
When are you thinking about going?
Old    dick            03-31-2005, 1:14 PM Reply   
i havent gone to ride the spot but my brother has and he said it was awsome. i have been to owc and that is soooo awsome if you do go to orlando owc is a must do.
Old     (h2oprodad)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-31-2005, 10:29 PM Reply   
kaydee,
I took our son there twice, once at the old location and once when they were just getting the present location up and running about 4 years ago. All the coaches are great to deal with and the environment is fun. good confidence builder and technical expertise from the coaches
Old     (h2oprodad)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-31-2005, 10:40 PM Reply   
says alot about the place when most of the male coaches were there almost 8 years ago and are still hard at it. Aaron/kurt/Ben/Kyle/Daryl/ all there when our boy was a young grom learning his first invert. tell PJ that tino's dad says Hey!!
Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-01-2005, 4:51 AM Reply   
Thanx all, I am planning on going second week September 2005. My bro, his girlfriend, my wife and I will attend. Looking forward to it.

I just enrolled at the local gymnasium to improve my spatial awareness when attempting rolls etc.
My coach is an ex Hungarian champ and has been at it for 20 years. He breaks everything down and makes it sooooo simple.
I highly recommend a gymnastics coach to take your riding to the next level....he said that he is sure that most PROS have gym coaches considering the likes of Parks doing double half cab rolls.
Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-01-2005, 4:55 AM Reply   
WHAT ABOUT "The Projects"
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-02-2005, 6:07 AM Reply   
check out the world wakeboard center in groveland.
Old     (nocoast)      Join Date: May 2005       05-05-2005, 3:51 PM Reply   
yeah, i'm a former coach at the wakeboard camp. It's a great school and you're gonna learn a ton, ride a lot and probably wind up wanting to go back. if it's at all possible add a second week to your trip and everything will really start to roll, and if you're sore you won't feel bad about missing a set or two. fact is, no one i've ever met has coaching dialed so well as kyle, ben and kurt. i'm not sure who's coaching at the projects at the moment, but my buddy keith is living there and he's a ripper and a good coach.
Old     (shakes5)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-05-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
A freind and I attend the camp about a year ago. It was a great time and I learned tons. The best part about the trip is after a long day of rideing there is a bar across the street, we would hit the bar about 9pm have a few cocktails, before you know its time to close the bar down, so we would stumble across the street, raid the frige then watch a few wake video, hit the sack, then do it all again the next day. But before you go I would definatly have your basics down. Like edging and body postions, because they start from the very beginning, and if you don't have that dailed in then all the gymnastics classes you are taking will be for nothing. Also learn to ride switched before you go... coach Joey is the "switch Nazi" he don't care what you work on as long as you work on it switch, It's THE SWITCH REVOLUTION...But for the most part the coaches where great and really want you to learn and have fun which is what wakeboarding is all about, If you have any questions feel free to drop me an e-mail.
Old     (ruffneckrider)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-05-2005, 11:20 PM Reply   
I'll be there frist week in June can't wait! hope to learn alot and see some good ridding and hit (OWC) man that should be a blast.
Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-06-2005, 5:06 AM Reply   
Shawn.E let us know how it went. BTW at what level is your riding? WHat do you plan to achieve there?
Old     (ruffneckrider)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-06-2005, 10:17 AM Reply   
balti,yeh I will let you know as for my riding I suck that's why I'm going . Hope to achieve all the basics on edging and rope placement and maybe some basic inverts but most of all to just have fun and see some good ridding! and who knows maybe they can save me face plats! "I'm starting to think only GOOD can help me now" 1089 pimp down!
Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-07-2005, 2:02 AM Reply   
Shawn, we think alike!!! Good man.
Old     (shiznizzle)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-07-2005, 2:30 AM Reply   
We've just booked for first week in June. This will be our third time at the camp and its awesome, top coaches, top food etc all you've got to think about is riding. Best advice I can give is to ride as much as poss before you go to improve fitness - 3 sets a day for a week is fun but tough on the body.
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-08-2005, 7:04 PM Reply   
Go for it!

I just came back from there. The coaches are great and you'll get plenty of riding.

I was pleased to see people coming to this camp from all over the world - while there I met people from Japan, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K., Greece, Mexico, Canada - all in the same the same week! What's more, most of the campers were return customers, who have been coming once or even twice per year.

I know I'll be returning. Hopefully next time I can stay two weeks.

Santa.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-09-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
I went to The Boarding School with Shaun and Travis, and I have to say that going to camp will improve your riding. Don't want to start a who's camp is better thing though, just sharing a couple items I figured out.

A couple of things I realized after my experience were, all the training you do ahead of time will not adequately prepare you for riding hard for five straight days. You'll be better off than not for sure....but you will be sore and tired. Second, be prepared to know less than you thought you did. It's a good idea to go easy at the beginning and dial up the basics so you are ready for the next level.

I came home and already notice I am way more relaxed and working less behind the boat. Toeside w2w 180's to the flats with a longer rope than I had last year. It's going to be a very good summer....oh and I will go back for sure!

Eric
Old     (tigerblp)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-09-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
I went there a couple years ago... it was a lot of fun, very camp style though. All I have to say is O'TOWN WATERSPORTS!! www.otownwatersports.com you get your money's worth there.
Old     (nocoast)      Join Date: May 2005       05-09-2005, 11:05 PM Reply   
hey barrett does glen still run otown?