Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-06-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
got offered this '05 Lexy 137 for $139 brand new - no bindings. Would this be a decent board for my wife? decent price? she's about 5'5" and 125-130 lbs. she's not a pro by any means, but she can cruise pretty good. any info would be appreciated!!
Upload
Old    bocephus            04-06-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Upload

I couldn't resist, just kidding. I think we all know that I'm not married....I'm a loser!
Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-06-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
okay...i'm not getting the ironing boards. that's twice...is that a reference to me wanting to buy something for my wife or not a good board??!!!
Old    bocephus            04-06-2006, 12:09 PM Reply   
Sorry dude, I didn't know you had already been hit with the old ironing board deal. It's just an easy joke for us simple minded fellows!
Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-06-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
if that's for simple minded folks...i must be way down on the charts cause i still don't get it...
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-06-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
He is implying that your wife should be doing laundry and inroning your cloths and not wakeboarding. I believe he is implying that the only thing that women are good for is cooking, cleaning, and sex. Seems like he is kinda disrespection on your wife and if you are a real man you wont put up with that.
Old    bocephus            04-06-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
Oh boy, I do call myself Bocephus on here. The joke is that you are asking about a "decent board for the wife", you didn't say wakeboard, you just said board. I thought about posting a picture of a 2 x 4, but the ironing board was easier to find.
Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-06-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
haha...okay, makes sense. except wives aren't good for sex. where did you hear such a thing? doesnt getting married negate that portion of your life??? so any advice on the WAKEboard??!! she's already got a good ironing board...
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-06-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
I was kidding but if a wife isnt good for sex maybe you are doing it wrong. Jsut kidding.

For my woman I bought a cheap used board from someone off of this forum and picked up a pair of binding thrue the Christmas giveaway thread. If I were you I would just get something cheap that is not very agressive to start with. If she likes it and wants to progress buy her something better.
Old    06197            04-06-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
My wife demo that board last year and did not like it at all. We had the minx on it and the board was heavier than most boards from back in the day. I ended up getting her the divine 128. (she like that board)
Price is great try it and see what she thinks good luck.
Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-06-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
i was kidding too...but that one hurt jon. deep. real deep.

how good is your wife vance? at wakeboarding i mean...disregard the other comments on here...has she been riding awhile?

thanks for the input...i might keep looking around.
Old    bocephus            04-06-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
duh, ha, ha, you said input!
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-06-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
I got my wife a HL Syn this winter. I think I will get a taller center fin to make it a bit more stable. She's a carving freak. I think she can throw a rooster tail higher than most slalom skiers.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-10-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
I got my wife a Hyperlite Diva 134 last summer...and she likes it a lot. Pretty stable for her, easy to ride, easy to learn on....although she recently took a spin on my State 140 and LOVED it. She's 5'10", 130 or so by the way. Don't close yourself up into getting a pink board with flowers and butterflys on it because she thinks it's pretty. Let her try your board, and maybe some of your friends or demos....then let her decide what she's feeling more.
Old     (cwhite)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-11-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
The hyperlite syn is what I am getting my girlfriend. I like the gator but it seems big for someone 5'5" 125 don't you think. I would go all out though because if she gets better then you will have to buy another board. So, just get her what you think is the best.