Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (wakegirl22)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-17-2011, 6:05 PM Reply   
Okay, so I have some video that I took from my sisters wedding in Costa Rica. The wedding was held on the beach and I need to edit the wind out or atleast drown in out. Is there any good video editing software that anyone suggests that is not outrageously expensive. I was looking at some at Best Buy tonight and don't know what would work the best. They had Pinnacle Studio for $99.99, Vegas Movie Studio for $99.99 or Roxio Creator for $109.99 or $99.99

Last edited by wakegirl22; 12-17-2011 at 6:09 PM. Reason: added more
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-19-2011, 2:53 PM Reply   
Believe it or not - Windows Live Moviemaker is really easy to use and you can pretty much edit like crazy. And it's a free download
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-19-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
I have Vegas Studio and its really good but its got a learning curve to it. Do not get Magic - its sucks and there is absolutely no customer support.

Last edited by SangerTom; 12-19-2011 at 2:55 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old     (wakegirl22)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-19-2011, 4:03 PM Reply   
I actually have the Windows Live Movie program, and I don't see anywhere that you can play around with the sound. There is a lot of wind in the video and I need to tone it down or try something else to get rid of it.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-19-2011, 4:26 PM Reply   
I'm not familiar with windows movie maker, but even a basic edit program should have a mute sound option...then you can add your own sound track like music. a google search like "windows movie maker audio" or something similar might help find answers.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-21-2011, 9:07 PM Reply   
That is a limitation of windows moviemaker. Like the post above, you can mute it out and lay in your own music track. If I remember correctly, you can pull down the video sound to a lower level by dragging the volume line in the sound clip.
Old     (wakegirl22)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-22-2011, 8:06 PM Reply   
I'm just looking for a program to reduce the background noise and enhance the talking. I don't want to put music over the video for the sheer fact that it is a wedding movie and not a picture slide show.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-23-2011, 5:34 AM Reply   
iMovie can (sorta -- nothing can truly fix ruined audio) do that and it has the shortest learning curve of any of the consumer editors.

Have any friends with a MacBook that you could borrow for half a day?
Old     (wakegirl22)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-23-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
none, my sister has one, but she lives over a thousand miles from me! Anyone had experience with Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Premiere Elements? I've been looking at that program and trying to get some info on it.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-10-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
What does everyone use for Mac ? I have i movie, but it seems kinda difficult to me
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-10-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
if you find iMovie hard, I don't think you're really going to like any of the editors out there. iMovie is about the simplest, most intuitive editor of them all imho.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-10-2012, 3:02 PM Reply   
does anyone know how to make clips in reverse in windows live movie maker?