Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    trombs            05-13-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any recommendations for dry boat storage around Discovery Bay, Livermore, Pleasanton, Brentwood, etc.? This is for a MasterCraft X2. Thanks... -trombs
Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-13-2004, 4:01 PM Reply   
I keep mine in Bethel Harbor. It's in Bethel Island. The people there are great and there service department has on many occasions gone beyond there call of duty in helping me in a pinch. Give Jamie a call at 925-684-2141.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-13-2004, 5:39 PM Reply   
I used Russo's Marina on Bethel Island also. Nice people and I liked how there was so much less boat traffic up around there..... The key is to find the area you want to board in regularly and then try and dock closest to there. Much easier to drive there by car than by boat I think.

Orwood is really nice but spendy if you can even get in there. It's all inside storage, but you have to launch yourself (good and bad points).

Disco is also nice..but if I'm not mistaken you may still have to pay when you launch? and then you still have to store your trailer someplace as they have dry stacks.

Both of these places can get really busy as it is the closest access from the South Bay......

Things to consider:
- Price
- Security
- Do they launch you? plus is that you don't have to drive your truck out every time. But then you also have to be back b4 they close to get out. Usually you can leave your boat in the water and they'll put it away in the morning if you're down w/ that?
- Can you access your boat 24/7?
- HOW FAR TO FAST WATER? (ie. is there a 10 minute no wake zone to get out?)

I found it was really hard to get all options that I wanted in a marina......

www.californiadelta.org has most all the marinas and if they have dry storage and stuff like that.....