Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    hyperlitemike            03-27-2004, 8:47 PM Reply   
hi i was just wondering if i could get any tips on my 360. when i start the spin i usually get off axis and off balance which results in me falling. any tips?
Old    west_sider1            03-27-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
major thing is that u dont want to spin too early, if u do it give u more time to go off axis which is bad. when i was learning them i would spin it so fast i bet i could have spun a 720 if i tried, it looks cool if u do it slow, and it is easier to land. if u spin too fast then ur just sittin up in the middle of the wake waitin to fall/land, but u prob will go ioff axis with the time u have and fall. JUST try it out
Old    west_sider1            03-27-2004, 10:11 PM Reply   
i dunno if u have this probablem, but when i was learnin them id always go waaaay big and when id get the handlepass it would yank me off axis, its eather that or just look at the horizon and u wont go off axis
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-27-2004, 10:25 PM Reply   
take a nice progressive edge to the tricks tip forum.

Haha, jk, someone said that along time ago.

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-28-2004, 12:43 AM Reply   
Many moons ago when I would try 3's I would get off axis too. Someone told me to take a "progressive edge" and to me that meant that I should be edging my hardest right at the wake. WRONG. Now I take like a 2 (out of 10) cut, with my knees really bent, just pop put the handle on my back, grab it, and land. Aside from the edge problem, what I used to do, was pop and just yank the handle to my hip, which would just pull me out the front. The result was spinning the 3, overrotating and catching my toe edge...every time.

The tips I can give you are edge very mildly with your knees very bent and shoulders back, just enough to clear the wake and no harder, pop, then think about the pass, put the handle on your back, grab it and keep it close to you when you land.

The key to easy landings is your body position before you hit the wake and when you're in the air.

If you're just starting to come close on 3's, you're getting the pop and getting the handle, if you're body position isn't right then you won't land 'em.
Old    sbvfive            03-28-2004, 1:39 AM Reply   
The key to every spin that you will ever do....

1)Consistent pop
2)Wait
3)Keep Waiting
4)Keep Waiting
5)Pull the handle to your hip, pass it
6)Spot the landinga

I may have over exaggerated, but you have to wait until you are at the peak of your jump before initiating a spin. Buy Running with Scissors and watch Gregg Necrasons part. Once you do initiate the spin, do so with the handle, not your body. Always pass the handle to spin....NEVER spin to pass the handle. Good luck!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-28-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
Yeah, just take enough cut to clear the wake.
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-28-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
SCOTT IS RIGHT.. DON'T TRY TO SPIN YOURSELF.. DO A NORMAL JUMP, PULL THE HANDLE TO YOUR HIP.. IT WILL PULL YOU AROUND SWEET.. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET THE PASS RIGHT..
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-28-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
You could be looking down too. If you look down, your shoulders and body will follow. As akward as it may sound, look at the horizon when learning the trick.
Old    maverick_gear            03-29-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
just visualize it over and over in your head and practice up to 7's on a tramp. its all in your head look down fall down. you gotta know your gonna land it confidence is everything just like tryin to take home a girl from the bar if you know you can do it you probably will as long as you don't aim too high.... everyone gets rejected sometimes.
Old    hyperlitemike            03-29-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips i will hopefuly try it again next saturday if i wrapped myself with the rope would it help me to spin.
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-29-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
if you do handle wrap 360's, don't stick with them, after you've landed a few i'd move on to the handle pass..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-30-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
Do a couple of hs 180s before you throw your 3. Take the same cut in you would take for your 180 then do what Thane said. Pretend like you're just coming in for your 180 but make the pass. When the rope gets into your other hand, the boat will pull you through the rest of your spin.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-31-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
i edge towards the wake with the handle about half a foot from my hip. after i get some decent speed i flatten the board 5ft from the wake. when i pop the board i pull the handle to my rear hip for fs 360. i landed it on my 8th try doing this.